Announcing TiddlyWiki in the Sky (with Dropbox)

5.200 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 04.25.5115.09.2012
til TiddlyWiki
I've been developing a new service that enables you to directly edit
TiddlyWiki documents stored in your Dropbox account from any browser.
It lets you walk up to any browser, navigate to a simple URL, sign
into Dropbox and then immediately open TiddlyWiki files and save
changes. Best of all, the app is a single 13KB HTML file that runs
entirely in the browser, so your data never leaves the secure
connection between Dropbox and the browser.

To try it out, visit:

http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/

You will be redirected to the secure app URL (starting
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/spa/), and from there almost immediately
redirected again to Dropbox, where you can sign in and grant
access to the app.

You are then redirected back to the app and presented with a list of
the contents of your Dropbox. You can navigate into folders to locate
TiddlyWiki *.html files.

Clicking on a TiddlyWiki file loads the TiddlyWiki up into the browser
and modifies it so that the "save changes" button saves the file back
to Dropbox.

I've tested TiddlyWiki in the Sky on desktop browsers, the iPhone and
iPad, and it seems to work well for the TiddlyWiki documents I've
tried.

Do give it a try, but please exercise caution for the moment, and
check that your saves have worked correctly. Dropbox's ability to roll
back to earlier versions of your files should protect you against any
lurking bugs.

Issues:

* The online version of the TiddlyWiki will not have access to other
files stored in the same folder (eg images)
* No progress indication during saving
* The hacks in here are unlikely to work with plugins that modify the
file saving mechanism

Acknowledgements:

Thanks to Victor Costan at Dropbox who first posted about their new
JavaScript API that permits TiddlyWiki in the Sky to work:
https://tech.dropbox.com/?p=345

--
Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Abdullah Khalid

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 06.15.5615.09.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com

Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 06.22.1315.09.2012
til Abdullah Khalid, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in
> development mode

Hmm - the app was approved by Dropbox yesterday, and shows up in my
developer dashboard as being in "production status". Perhaps it takes
a while for the approval to ripple through to their production
systems.

Can anybody else confirm that the app is working for them?

Many thanks,

Jeremy.

Abdullah Khalid

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 06.48.5215.09.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Abdullah Khalid, jeremy...@gmail.com
I used my other dropbox account. It worked there. So probably some problem at my end.

Works like a charm too. Loved it.

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 06.57.0315.09.2012
til Abdullah Khalid, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hiya Abdullah

I've just figured out what I think might have been going on, and have
now uploaded a fix. Would you be able to try again on the your
original browser, with the original Dropbox account?

Many thanks,

Jeremy

Abdullah Khalid

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 07.00.5115.09.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Abdullah Khalid, jeremy...@gmail.com
Works! Though going to dropbox.tiddlywiki.com always asks me to authenticate.

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 07.06.2315.09.2012
til Abdullah Khalid, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Works!

Terrific. It's very easy to post updates to apps hosted on Dropbox.

> Though going to dropbox.tiddlywiki.com always asks me to
> authenticate.

Yes, I'm finding that, too. I think it's possibly a restriction of the
JavaScript API that I'm using, but am investigating.

Best wishes

Jeremy

PMario

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 09.32.0615.09.2012
til TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,
Nice stuff!

Is it possible, to have an app, that doesn't need full dropbox
access.
I personally would prefere a sandboxed version, that has access to one
directory only.

-mario

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
15. sep. 2012, 09.39.2415.09.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it could done that way. The immediate UI problem I can see is the
way that these Dropbox apps redirect straight to Dropbox, without
giving a user a chance to select between the two access modes.

I'll put TWITS on Dropbox (sorry about the acronym, I only realised
after I'd fallen in love with the name), and then we'll have a place
to log issues and suggestions.

Best wishes

Jeremy

> -mario
>
> --

Vincent Yeh

ulæst,
17. sep. 2012, 00.29.4117.09.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
Very interesting working this way! I like it!
There are two things, however, I'd like to mention:
  1. doesn't seem to load the script files listed in MarkupPostBody tiddler;
  2. (attachment) doesn't show non-English characters (or I need to change some settings?)
Again I like this very interesting idea!

Vincent
TiddlyWiki in the Sky.png

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
17. sep. 2012, 04.30.2017.09.2012
til Shaktimaan, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaktimaan

Glad it's working well for you.

So many thanks for this. I struggled getting to save my tiddly HTML files on Chrome for Mac. But with this, I am not having any saving issues. Perhaps, this one directly saves it on my account on the dropbox server and then downloads it locally?

That's exactly what happens - the data is saved from your browser to your hard drive via Dropbox's servers.

Only gripe at the moment is the repeated authorization and no direct URL to my tiddly html. I think the latter should not be an issue if the former is resolved.

Yes, the repeated authorisation is a pain. I'm investigating workarounds.

I also plan to add a feature enabling you to create a direct link to edit any TiddlyWiki in your Dropbox.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Thanks a lot again :)

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
17. sep. 2012, 04.31.5417.09.2012
til Vincent Yeh, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I can fix the MarkupPostBody issue, and will investigate the character encoding issue,

Cheers

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

<TiddlyWiki in the Sky.png>

ramkikura

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 03.07.0102.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
HI!
I've tested it today and seems to work fine except for the jsMath plugin which I use for rendering math equations. It doesn't find the jsMath installation though it is located in the right place withn dropbox. Great job anyway.
M.

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 04.41.4302.10.2012
til ramkikura, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amir, Seann and M

Thanks for the feedback, I'm delighted that TiddlyWiki in the Sky is
useful for you.

To answer some of your questions, I do indeed plan to adapt the same
technique for TiddlyWiki5. As Seann notes, saving changes with the
current arrangement can be very slow - I think because often upload
speeds are an order of magnitude slower than download speeds on the
same line. So, the plan for TW5 in Dropbox is to allow tiddlers to be
stored in individual files, and only load them on demand.
Notwithstanding the tremendous advantages of TiddlyWiki's single
fileness, I think that many people like the idea of tiddlers as files
in their Dropbox.

The problem with jsMath is caused because TWITS just pulls the
TiddlyWiki file out of your Dropbox, and doesn't provide any access to
files stored in the same directory, such as the jsMath support files.
In the particular case of jsMath I would expect that the files that it
is trying to access are actually part of the standard jsMath
distribution, and so it should be possible to modify the plugin to
reference those files on the web, rather than directly.

I've added a couple of tickets reflecting your comments to the Github repo:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki-in-the-Sky/issues

Many thanks

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 05.31.4102.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for the app.
It's useful for me since I store some TW in dropbox and I like the ability to access and modify them from any computer.
Only one problem : some characters are not well rendered :
é becomes : é
ô becomes : ô
ç becomes : ç

and some others.

FrD

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:25:57 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 05.56.4402.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

Thanks for the feedback, I've made a ticket for the issue and will
have a proper look as soon as I can:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki-in-the-Sky/issues/3

Also, what browser/operating system are you using?

Many thanks,

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 07.05.0402.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm on xubuntu 12.04 with Firefox 15.0.1

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 07.38.2902.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

Great, thanks for pointing that out, it should now be fixed if you're
able to give it a try at http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/

It seems that somehow Dropbox isn't loading the TiddlyWiki files
correctly as UTF8. As a quick fix, I now manually UTF-8 decode the
loaded TiddlyWiki, but I suspect the problem may be with Dropbox; I'll
investigate further.

Best wishes

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 09.45.4602.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi,

It works well now !

Thanks a lot for your smart app !

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 09.59.0102.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad it's working, and thanks for the feedback,

Best wishes

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 10.03.0702.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
I was a bit too fast.
When I drop a "clean" file on my dropbox folder, and then access it with Tiddlywiki in the sky, I can modify and save. It's OK.
But when I access this file on my computer after the synchro, bad characters are present ! My local file is "broken".
Then I go to dropbox.tiddlywiki.com and the distant file is broken too.

FrD

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 10.08.3402.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
In fact when I access one of my TWs through the "normal" address (dropbox.com) I also encounter "bad" characters.

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 10.11.1402.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

I've just uploaded a further fix, please could you try again?

I'm afraid that the TiddlyWiki files that have been corrupted will not
be repaired by this fix. You might need to rewind to an earlier backup
using Dropbox's revision storage.

Best wishes

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 10.12.2902.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
I have to choose the encoding in the menu in order to get it right.

FrD

FrD

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 13.39.0802.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi,

Works well with Chrome v 22.0.1229.79.
But always a pb of character encoding with Firefox 15.0.1.
I wonder what happens ...

FrD

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:11:25 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 13.48.0902.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

Thanks that's consistent with what I'm finding.  I'm still working on the issue, frustrating as all character encoding issues seem to be.

Many thanks

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
2. okt. 2012, 17.17.1102.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

I've just uploaded another fix, which seems to work OK for me in both
Chrome and Firefox, I'd be grateful if you could give it a go,

Many thanks,

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 02.46.4803.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

It works fine ! both in Firefox and in Chrome.
Through the "classic" interface (dropbox.com) I only have to change the encoding to unicode UTF-8.

Great work. Many thanks

FrD

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:17:31 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 03.53.2303.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi FrD

It works fine ! both in Firefox and in Chrome.

Great, sorry about the false starts there.

Through the "classic" interface (dropbox.com) I only have to change the encoding to unicode UTF-8.

Yes I find the same problem when using the Dropbox iPad application. I'll continue to investigate workarounds,

Best wishes

Jeremy

wolfgang

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 04.35.0103.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD
Great addition to Dropbox and TiddlyWiki, thanks Jeremy.

Though I really don't have much time for any testing now, the first time I clicked the link at http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/ to check it with one TW I mentioned all the external files weren't included. Only the second time I looked at it again, after some fix for the character encoding has been made, all the special characters went bad, without having even tried yet to have a saveChanges this way. However, accessed through the regular public link it still remained with accurate encoded special characters. (FF 14.0.1 on XP SP3)

Through the "classic" interface (dropbox.com) I only have to change the encoding to unicode UTF-8.

How to change the encoding?

FrD

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 06.59.4703.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD
Hi wolfgang,

In my french version of FF (15.0.1) :

Menu : Affichage => Encodage des caractères => Unicode (UTF-8)

FrD

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:35:02 AM UTC+2, wolfgang wrote:
Great addition to Dropbox and TiddlyWiki, thanks Jeremy.

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 07.39.2403.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD
Hi Wolfgang

> Great addition to Dropbox and TiddlyWiki, thanks Jeremy.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

> Though I really don't have much time for any testing now, the first time I
> clicked the link at http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/ to check it with one TW I
> mentioned all the external files weren't included. Only the second time I
> looked at it again, after some fix for the character encoding has been made,
> all the special characters went bad, without having even tried yet to have a
> saveChanges this way. However, accessed through the regular public link it
> still remained with accurate encoded special characters. (FF 14.0.1 on XP
> SP3)

OK, it's possible that you were trying it while I was still fixing it,
I'd be grateful if you could give it another try. Unfortunately you'll
need to revert to an earlier version of the file.

Cheers

Jeremy

>> Through the "classic" interface (dropbox.com) I only have to change the
>> encoding to unicode UTF-8.
>>

> How to change the encoding?
>
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki?hl=en.

wolfgang

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 08.15.0903.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
> In my french version of FF (15.0.1) :
> Menu : Affichage => Encodage des caractères => Unicode (UTF-8)

Thanks, but this seems not to help in my case.

OK, it's possible that you were trying it while I was still fixing it,
I'd be grateful if you could give it another try. Unfortunately you'll
need to revert to an earlier version of the file.

Cheers

That is the wired thing, because I didn't save the file there isn't a earlier version. It's the TW in which I made first tests with TableEditor (unfortunately no time yet, to test it's much more powerful later versions further) If you access it through the regular public link the TW renders fine: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/241006/sheets.html

But opened through http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/ all special characters, or plugins with any, fail. Attached a screenshot of this case.

shot.png

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 09.10.4003.10.2012
til wolfgang, tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD
OK, so it seems like things are in quite a strange situation:

- Wolfgang has a TW that views correctly on the usual Dropbox public
URI, but doesn't view correctly in TWITS
- FrD has a TW that views correctly in TWITS, but doesn't view
correctly on the Dropbox public URI

Can I just confirm that in both cases you are using the same type of
Dropbox URI to get at the file? It seems as though there is different
behaviour between files in public folders vs. files browsed via the
website by a logged in user. Wolfgang's URI starts
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/ which I believe is a public folder URI. FrD,
can you confirm the structure of the URI that you are using?

The underlying issue here is that Dropbox isn't always able to give
the browser the correct character encoding information for HTML files.
I think I need to do some more structured experimentation to
understand what's going on.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 09.39.0703.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, wolfgang, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Through the "classic" interface (dropbox.com), my URI starts with :
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/

It's indeed a file inside a "private" folder in the dropbox account which I'm logged in.

When logged in it seems that all URI start the same way (including in the public folder).

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 09.41.5103.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com, wolfgang
Hi FrD

Could you perhaps try putting your file into your dropbox public
folder and see how it behaves, and if that gives a URI of the same
form as Wolfgangs?

Many thanks

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 11.05.0703.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD, wolfgang, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

When logged in the URI of a file in my public folder starts with :
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/
The public link to the same file starts with :
dl.dropbox.com/u/

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2012, 12.02.4703.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com, wolfgang
Thanks FrD, I'll run some more experiments and report back,

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
8. okt. 2012, 04.33.1408.10.2012
til Thomas Schulte, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
> Using IE 8.0.6 under xp pro at work (I dont't have admin privileges). I can
> view but not edit tiddlywikis on dropbox.

Are you able to edit when those TiddlyWikis are opened in IE8 directly
from the file system? (Ie, on a "file://" URL?)

Many thanks

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
17. okt. 2012, 10.48.4117.10.2012
til wolfgang, tiddl...@googlegroups.com, FrD
It turns out that this behaviour stems from the algorithm that Dropbox uses to detect the character set encoding of uploaded text files. On the Dropbox developer forum, Dropbox confirmed that they scan only the first few hundred bytes of the file, looking for UTF-8 character sequences that are not ISO-8859-1 (ie ASCII) sequences. If it doesn't find any such character sequences, then it defaults to ISO-8859-1 encoding.

The work around is to ensure that UTF-8 encoded HTML files stored in Dropbox have a sequence of UTF-8 characters right at the top of the file. Accordingly, I've modified TiddlyWiki in the Sky to include a "utf8 beacon":

I'd be interested if Wolfgang and FrD could try their experiments again with the new code.

This still leaves the problem that storing an existing TiddlyWiki document over http from Dropbox will currently be interpreted as ISO-8859-1. The quick fix is to manually insert something like this at the start of the <head> section of the document:

One possibility is that TWITS could automatically insert the beacon each time it saves a file, meaning that one could "fix" TiddlyWiki files by running them through TWITS. I'll think about it further and explore the options,

Best wishes

Jeremy

FrD

ulæst,
17. okt. 2012, 12.26.3817.10.2012
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, wolfgang, FrD, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for going on with this development !
I've just tried my dropbox account after sending another TW.

The behaviour is the same :
- it works through http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/ as it did before (the coding is UTF-8).
- it doesn't work through the common interface (the coding is ISO-8859-1).

Then I inserted the "utf8 beacon" inside my local file with a text editor and uploaded it.
Now it works ; the right encoding is detected and applied.

I think your idea of automatically inserting the beacon is a very good one.

FrD

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
17. okt. 2012, 12.32.2217.10.2012
til FrD, tiddl...@googlegroups.com, wolfgang
I think your idea of automatically inserting the beacon is a very good one.

There are some issues to work through. At the moment, the Internet Explorer file saving code relies on the fact that the main TW html file is pure ISO-8859-1 apart from the store area. Putting the beacon in will therefore likely stop Internet Explorer from saving the file. I'll investigate more,

Best wishes

Jeremy

FrD

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:48:49 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

--

Dave

ulæst,
16. mar. 2013, 17.41.4616.03.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi, I really like this new ability for accessing TW files.  Earlier in the thread you mentioned that you were going to develop a way to link to specific files through the dropbox app (I assume so you don't have to wade through all your dropbox files each time you want to work on a file)

Is this a feature yet?  I tried navigating to a specific file and pasting the address into a desktop shortcut, but it just goes to the sign in page, and then the usual presentation of all your files.

Thanks for making this either way!

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
26. apr. 2013, 03.30.0426.04.2013
til Ray, TiddlyWiki
Hi Ray

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same problem. The code hasn't changed since last week, which suggests that something might have changed on the Dropbox side. I'll continue to investigate and report back,

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Ray <ad4...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

today I get an

Error (403)

It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

with that page: http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com/

That's all :/

What can I do?

Many thanks,
Ray

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
26. apr. 2013, 07.39.1126.04.2013
til Ray, TiddlyWiki
I've posted a question to the Dropbox developers forum, and it appears that other apps built the same way as TWITS are experiencing the same problem:

Hopefully, someone from Dropbox will respond when the US wakes up shortly,

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
26. apr. 2013, 16.34.3526.04.2013
til Ray, TiddlyWiki
I had an acknowledgement from a helpful person at Dropbox, and then a little while ago noticed that it all seems to be working again. Many thanks for bringing the problem to my attention,

Best wishes

Jeremy

Ray Schmidt

ulæst,
6. aug. 2013, 23.45.2406.08.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:35:52 PM UTC-6, Jason Peterson wrote:

Jeremy,
  This is an awesome tool! I have been trying to figure out how to link pictures from within my wiki stored in dropbox  this is what i have been trying

and

[img[https:\\www.dropbox.com\wiki\pictures\IE Tab.jpg]]

and any other combination i can think of.

I created two folders one called wiki and the other called pictures.  At this point i am only trying to get this to work before i put up my entire wiki.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Has anyone figured out a solution for linking to images yet?

Ray

kafran

ulæst,
10. sep. 2013, 16.57.5410.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki
It doesn't seems to work with TW5 yet, right?

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
11. sep. 2013, 06.56.3211.09.2013
til TiddlyWiki
Hi Kolmar,

No, TiddlyWiki in the Sky with Dropbox only works with TiddlyWiki classic for the moment. It is definitely about time it was updated to work with TW5...

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM, kafran <kol...@kafran.net> wrote:
It doesn't seems to work with TW5 yet, right?

pdh...@gmail.com

ulæst,
24. sep. 2013, 20.46.1924.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
This sounds what I've been looking for, but when I click on the link I get the same error as described above
(Error 401: It seems you don't belong here! Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home).

Is there any other way to use the app?

Many thanks.

Philip Walker

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 07.41.5425.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
I've been using this app for a while (it is very useful indeed!), and it broke just in the past day or two. Dropbox API doc suggests that a 401 is "Bad or expired token. This can happen if the user or Dropbox revoked or expired an access token. To fix, you should re-authenticate the user." (https://www.dropbox.com/developers/core/docs) Cleaning out my Dropbox and Tiddlywiki cookies has not helped.

Thanks,

Phil Walker

interglossa

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 10.12.0725.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
I am getting the same problem as of yesterday.  Is this still supported?

Jeremy Rustin

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 14.31.2625.09.2013
til interglossa, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've just had notification from Dropbox that they've fixed the problem, please give it a try when you get a chance.

Many thanks

Jeremy

Peter Hoff

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 15.37.2325.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeremy! I'm a big TW fan and I really appreciate all the work you've done on it over the years.

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 17.39.1925.09.2013
til TiddlyWiki
Thank you Peter, much appreciated.

Best wishes

Jeremy

rodrigo...@gmail.com

ulæst,
25. sep. 2013, 21.58.0325.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

I really like TWITS, and have been using it every day for the last few weeks.

I am a looong time TW user. My previous solution was to host a classic TW file on dropbox, and access it through file://, however all of my browsers stopped being able to save for some java problem or another (I'm on a Mac, Chrome can't use Java, Safari and Firefox, even after authorizing the java saving plugin, stopped working).

However, today I wasn't able to use the app, as I got this error:

Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode

Do you know how I can get access, or when this will improve?
I really need my TW to work, for reading and writing!

Thanks for the amazing work!

Rodrigo Fonseca

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:25:57 AM UTC-4, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
[...]

26. sep. 2013, 04.09.4526.09.2013
til rodrigo...@gmail.com, TiddlyWiki
Further investigation shows that the problem is that TWITS was using a deprecated API for which Dropbox recently removed support. It's going to take a few hours to sort this out, but we'll be up and running again soon,

Best wishes

Jeremy

kafran

ulæst,
26. sep. 2013, 08.25.5526.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, TiddlyWiki, jeremy...@gmail.com
TWITS is so awesome that I'm thinking to migrate from TW5 to TWC just because of it =)

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
26. sep. 2013, 08.28.1326.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
TW5 will get integrated TWITS soon...

Best wishes

Jeremy

kafran

ulæst,
26. sep. 2013, 08.39.5326.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! \o/
What I really love about TiddlyWiki is this contact between developers and users that I had never seen on no other tool I used. =)
Thank you community for being so useful.
By the way, this is not the place but I watched the Hangout 14 on YT: David and Tobias you're awesome ^^.

Att,

Kolmar.

Tobias Beer

ulæst,
26. sep. 2013, 17.59.4926.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! \o/
What I really love about TiddlyWiki is this contact between developers and users that I had never seen on no other tool I used. =)
Thank you community for being so useful.
By the way, this is not the place but I watched the Hangout 14 on YT: David and Tobias you're awesome ^^.

You know, it's literally this feedback that keeps us going... and enjoying to be able to do this and that. ;-)

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
27. sep. 2013, 05.52.2927.09.2013
til TiddlyWiki
OK, I've pushed a fix that's looking good so far, please give it a try:

Thank you both. The first commercial software I wrote was actually distributed on physical EPROM chips, sent out by mail. The process of reporting, fixing and deploying a bug fix was literally weeks (and involved train journeys because there were no modems). Getting feedback and being able to act on it as quickly as we can has turned out to be a wonderful way of building something much bigger than software.

Best wishes

Jeremy

David Johnston

ulæst,
27. sep. 2013, 10.47.2227.09.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kolmar,

I hope it had some interest for you :)

Davd

David Bakin

ulæst,
3. okt. 2013, 12.36.4203.10.2013
til tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com

I just (started to) try TWITS for the first time (because it is a great idea and everyone else seems to be having fun with it).  Dropbox auth asked me to approve access to all of my dropbox.  I looked at the dropbox API and saw that there was an alternative permission: app-specific folder only.  Is there a reason not to use that?  Or is it something the user (i.e., client) can choose?

Actually,  I'm not at all sure what the relationship of the TWITS server to my TW is.  I think it is just there to a) provide a starting point for the user and b) so Dropbox can authenticate the client is running an approved app and after the auth process your TW never contacts the TWITS server again?

-- David

Jeremy Ruston

ulæst,
3. okt. 2013, 12.41.5503.10.2013
til David Bakin, TiddlyWiki
Hi David

I just (started to) try TWITS for the first time (because it is a great idea and everyone else seems to be having fun with it).  Dropbox auth asked me to approve access to all of my dropbox.  I looked at the dropbox API and saw that there was an alternative permission: app-specific folder only.  Is there a reason not to use that?  Or is it something the user (i.e., client) can choose?

The developer has to choose what level of permission to ask for. Dropbox have added a few more options since I wrote the app. Personally I've got TW files all over my Dropbox and I didn't want to move them all together. For reasons that I'll explain below, the risks of using full Dropbox access are different with TWITS than a normal app.

Actually,  I'm not at all sure what the relationship of the TWITS server to my TW is.  I think it is just there to a) provide a starting point for the user and b) so Dropbox can authenticate the client is running an approved app and after the auth process your TW never contacts the TWITS server again?

The TWITS server is actually just a folder in my own Dropbox. It's there to give your browser the html file containing the TWITS app, and takes no further part in proceedings once the app is loaded into the browser. Your stuff never leaves Dropbox and your browser.

Best wishes

Jeremy

-- David

David Bakin