GREAT TURNOUT AT THE SPEY DAY/FISH FRY!!!

Daniel Davala

Sep 11, 2010, 10:05:30 PM9/11/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thank you to everyone that turned out today and made this event the tremendous success that it was!  We had about 35 people attend all together.  It is exciting to see the interest in Spey Casting increase, and to watch the number of two-handed rods on the water multiply every time we do one of these.  A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to John Odenkirk of the VDGIF for spending so much time with us, working so hard the other day to get a Snakehead for the event, and donating some of his "private stash" to make sure there was plenty to go around.  His olive oil marinade was outstanding.

Thank you to Brad Gentner for bringing along his propane fryer so all could enjoy a taste of fried Snakehead (even little VA).  Thank you Dalton for taking on the grill master detail, bringing the tools, and cooking hot dogs and cheeseburgers for everyone in attendance.  Thank you John Bilotta for spending so much one-on-one time with everyone who needed some help with their Spey Cast.  Thank you Todd for taking what I know will be spectacular pictures of the event.  Please share as many as possible.

Thank you Brian Randolph for creating the first round of TPFR hats and committing all proceeds above cost to the club.  We sold 19 hats at $20 each, so I expect to see them showing up in a lot of fish pictures this fall.  Thank you to my beloved Melody for handling all of the donations and sales while keeping our little VA happy and safe.  Thank you to everyone who purchased a hat or gave a donation to the club.  It is the success of events like these that make the next ones possible.

Thank you Tom Urman for bringing an extra cooler and many other essentials to the party.  Thank you to Chris for bringing sodas/snacks to go along with the picnic.  And thanks especially to all who brought their two-handed rods and made them available for others to try.

None of this would have been possible without all of you, so once again, I thank you all.

Dan
IMG_1937.jpg
IMG_1987.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg
IMG_1955.jpg
IMG_1965.jpg
IMG_1975.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg
IMG_1982.jpg
IMG_1984.jpg

Bert

Sep 12, 2010, 12:13:10 AM9/12/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I want the "Snakehead Control" hat!
>  IMG_1937.jpg
> 240KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1938.jpg
> 340KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1942.jpg
> 236KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1955.jpg
> 265KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1965.jpg
> 299KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1975.jpg
> 251KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1980.jpg
> 270KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1982.jpg
> 205KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1984.jpg
> 298KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1987.jpg
> 219KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1991.jpg
> 223KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1994.jpg
> 258KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1995.jpg
> 285KViewDownload

Daniel

Sep 12, 2010, 7:57:42 AM9/12/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've got one of those hats. I got it from U.S. Fish and Wildlife when
I caught and reported a tagged snakehead.They also sent me a
certificate.