Yahoo negative vibes

mark

Dec 28, 2008, 4:35:19 AM12/28/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can anyone tell me whether there is a setting in the Yahoo webmail so
that it goes straight to the inbox after login. Currently that is not
the case and I'm convinced that that is the cause of the negative
vibes. Very similar to the recent Hotmail greetings page.

My setting in Thunderbird has always been the Beta website and,
although some have reported success with it, I have not been so lucky
with it in recent weeks.

Webmail Author

Dec 28, 2008, 3:44:51 PM12/28/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Is there a message in the error console

mark

Dec 28, 2008, 5:33:26 PM12/28/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Pardon my ignorance but where is the "error console"?

The situation is as follows - launch TB, asked for password for yahoo,
provide password, there is a pause and then get the message "Sending
of password did not succeed. Mail server localhost responded: negative
vibes from mark...@yahoo.com"

I have reinstalled the yahoo addon and experimented with different
modes but to no avail. Deleting all the accumulated messages, when
logged in via web, did not resolve the problem.

Prior to a week ago it was working but then it started to play up and
does not work at all now.

I have had this problem before and have been able to resolve it by
reinstalling yahoo addon but not this time.

Webmail Author

Dec 29, 2008, 1:56:46 PM12/29/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension

> Pardon my ignorance but where is the "error console"?

Tools menu

The Yahoo extension has three methods of connecting to the Yahoo site,
which one are you using (see Yahoo extension's options panel). What
type of Yahoo account do you have (ie beta, classic)

BluesRenegade

Dec 29, 2008, 2:50:44 PM12/29/08
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com

YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: this.m_szMsgID.match(PatternYahooBoxAlt) has no properties
955

BluesRenegade

Dec 29, 2008, 2:58:24 PM12/29/08
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com

Webmail 1.3.2
Yahoo client: 1.3.4

YahooSMTP.js: loginHandler : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szResponse.match(patternYahooCompose) has no properties
269

mark

Dec 29, 2008, 7:34:56 PM12/29/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Here are the two Error messages

HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
697

YahooPOPBETA.js: loginHandler : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
175

"What type of Yahoo account do you have (ie beta, classic)"

Beta. I have experimented with the others but to no avail.

Webmail Author

Dec 30, 2008, 2:48:22 PM12/30/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension

> YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.
> Error message: this.m_szMsgID.match(PatternYahooBoxAlt) has no properties
> 955

Try switching the Yahoo extensions mode to "new classic" or "beta"

Webmail Author

Dec 30, 2008, 2:49:07 PM12/30/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you send me the Yahoo log files (see webmail options panel)

rnuts

Jan 1, 2009, 4:57:00 AM1/1/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
look at this post from link below. It worked for me.
http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/browse_thread/thread/7706daafbea9d04/1052098cffea7c3d?lnk=gst&q=yahoo+negative+vibes#1052098cffea7c3d

On Dec 28 2008, 2:33 pm, mark <marka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance but where is the "error console"?
>
> The situation is as follows - launch TB, asked for password foryahoo,
> provide password, there is a pause and then get the message "Sending
> of password did not succeed. Mail server localhost responded:negativevibesfrom mark...@yahoo.com"
>
> I have reinstalled theyahooaddon and experimented with different
> modes but to no avail. Deleting all the accumulated messages, when
> logged in via web, did not resolve the problem.
>
> Prior to a week ago it was working but then it started to play up and
> does not work at all now.
>
> I have had this problem before and have been able to resolve it by
> reinstallingyahooaddon but not this time.
>
> On Dec 29, 7:44 am, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is there a message in the error console- Hide quoted text -

mark

Jan 1, 2009, 3:55:41 PM1/1/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Thanks for your input. I tried all that but unfortunately it still
will not work. What I did notice however, is that the addon was
1.0.4.b13 while I have the current one 1.3.4

Is there an archive where I can get a copy of that addon or can anyone
send it to me? OR, would the WebMail Author be able to repost it? I
have googled for that addon, but maybe I'm not using the relevant
search criteria, as it returns a negative response.

mark

Jan 1, 2009, 5:21:53 PM1/1/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Found a copy of 1.0.4.b13 in one of my backups, alas it did not work.
Aghhhhh!

Don

Jan 5, 2009, 4:00:26 PM1/5/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
> Is there a message in the error console

I'm getting negative vibes too. The message is:

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
server localhost responded: negative vibes from ******@yahoo.com

Two message pop up in the Error Console:

HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
697

YahooPOPClassic.js: emailOnloadHandler : Exception :
NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
947

Error not available doesn't sound particularly helpful.

I have three Yahoo mail accounts and two of the three are working
correctly, and all three are configured the same in the WebMail -
Yahoo extension. All three accounts are using the New Classic look for
Yahoo. I have tried changing the password for the offending account,
but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Webmail Author

Jan 6, 2009, 3:32:39 PM1/6/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you send me the Yahoo log files (see webmail's options panel)

> I'm getting negative vibes too. The message is:
>
> The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
> server localhost responded: negative vibes from ***...@yahoo.com

Don

Jan 9, 2009, 11:14:47 AM1/9/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
The logs should be in your email now.

On Jan 6, 3:32 pm, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you send me theYahoolog files (see webmail's options panel)
>
> > I'm gettingnegativevibes too. The message is:
>
> > The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
> > server localhost responded:negativevibes from ***...@yahoo.com
>
> > Two message pop up in the Error Console:
>
> > HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
> > Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
> > (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
> > 697
>
> > YahooPOPClassic.js: emailOnloadHandler : Exception :
> > NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
> > Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
> > (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
> > 947
>
> > Error not available doesn't sound particularly helpful.
>
> > I have threeYahoomail accounts and two of the three are working
> > correctly, and all three are configured the same in the WebMail -
> >Yahooextension. All three accounts are using the New Classic look for

Vinay

Jan 9, 2009, 8:21:21 AM1/9/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I noticed some thing peculiar in the log files..

-----------------
6:24:18 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - loadDataBase - START
6:24:18 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - loadDataBase - END
6:24:19 PM--nsYahooDomains.js : TimerCallback - START
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - START
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - yahoo.com POP
@mozilla.org/YahooPOP;1
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - END false
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - START
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - yahoo.com SMTP
@mozilla.org/YahooSMTP;1
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js - domainCheck - END false
6:24:20 PM--nsYahooDomains.js : TimerCallback - END
-----------------
Domain check for all the yahoo sites ended with false...
Has some thing changed?

Vinay

Don

Jan 9, 2009, 2:46:49 PM1/9/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I tried the link you sent me, but Firefox couldn't load the page. I
tried to email you back, for Yahoo kept giving me errors (I've not
gotten errors from the Yahoo web page before). Here is the error
message:

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at us.f01g.mail.yahoo.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g.
"ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration
may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network
connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

mark

Jan 9, 2009, 7:41:37 PM1/9/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I get the following message

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
server localhost responded: negative vibes from ***...@yahoo.com

and at the bottom, another message "Downloading 17 messages off the
server".

However, when I click OK for the first message, the second message
changes to "There are no messages on the server" and of course, no
message is downloaded.

I'm using New Classic Website. The others state 'negative vibes' and
'no messages on the server'.
At least with this one I know that there are messages on the server.

mark

Jan 9, 2009, 11:53:00 PM1/9/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Installed 1.4.0b26 and with Production Website I do not get any
negative messages.

At the bottom I get the message, "Downloading 1 of 23 messages" but
unfortunately no message is downloaded and eventually I get the
message "Timed out".

What would be preventing the messages from being downloaded?

Webmail Author

Jan 10, 2009, 1:03:59 PM1/10/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Is there a message in the error console

Try increase the connection timeout value (Tools -> options ->
advanced -> Disc and settings)

mark

Jan 10, 2009, 4:41:36 PM1/10/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Here is the message

YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: this.m_szMsgID.match(PatternYahooBoxAlt) has no
properties
962

I did increase the the connection timeout but it did not help.

The situation has now changed, the only message that I get is at the
bottom where it states that it is downloading 1 of xx messages, but
unfortunately they do not download.

Webmail Author

Jan 11, 2009, 6:03:00 AM1/11/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you send me the log Yahoo log files (see webmail options panel)

mark

Jan 11, 2009, 3:57:04 PM1/11/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Have sent it, hope you can resolve the problem.

MikeD

Jan 13, 2009, 10:55:36 AM1/13/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Webmail 1.3.2, yahoo 1.4.0

TB popup on send/receive: The STAT command did not succeed. Error
getting message number and sizes. Mail server localhost responded:
negative vibes from ___@yahoo.com

error console shows: YahooPOPClassic.js: MailboxOnload : Exception :
TypeError.
Error message: aMsgRows[i].match(patternYahooMsgIDAlt) has no
properties
497

my logs are at the ready to send if you need them

Webmail Author

Jan 14, 2009, 12:59:11 PM1/14/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you send the log

On Jan 13, 3:55 pm, MikeD <mi...@jamagination.com> wrote:
> Webmail 1.3.2, yahoo 1.4.0
>
> TB popup on send/receive:  The STAT command did not succeed. Error
> getting message number and sizes.  Mail server localhost responded:
> negative vibes from _...@yahoo.com

mark

Jan 17, 2009, 4:49:04 PM1/17/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Any progress on my problem?

I have been closely monitoring the yahoo threads and suing the
suggestions but I'm still unable to get my mail to download. I have
even installed Webmail 1.3.3b3 but still not show.

With Yahoo 1.4.0 set at 'Production Website' and 'Reuse http session
data' checked, I see a message at the bottom of Thunderbird
"Downloading 1 of xx messages" but the messages do not download even
though I have the time set at 240sec.

Any other mode settings give "negative vibes".

I have already posted a log but it appears that it did not provide any
useful information to remedy the situation.

Hope you can resolve this.

Webmail Author

Jan 18, 2009, 6:00:04 AM1/18/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
What's the error console message

mark

Jan 18, 2009, 6:46:33 PM1/18/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
When I checked the Error Console I found this message:-

YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: this.m_szMsgID.match(PatternYahooBoxAlt) has no
properties
962YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.

But when I decided to check whether I had copied the message properly
I found this one:-

Error: gAccountManager has no properties
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/MsgComposeCommands.js
Line: 2384

I have not seen this last message before nor do I know what it means
and how to resolve it. It has an exclamation mark in a red shield at
the beginning so I presume that something is wrong and maybe it is
causing the problem.

Webmail Author

Jan 19, 2009, 3:59:48 PM1/19/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you try switching the mode to "new classic" or beta (see Yahoo
extension's options panel)

mark

Jan 21, 2009, 3:51:56 PM1/21/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Unfortunately, the other two modes give me "negative vibes" window,
whereas in 'Production' mode there are no error messages. The message
at the bottom states, "downloading 1 of xx messages", but no messages
are downloaded no matter how long I set the period for downloading.

Webmail Author

Jan 22, 2009, 2:17:44 PM1/22/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
The production mode no longer works with the Yahoo server. Do you
have the error console from when using the "new classic" mode

mark

Jan 23, 2009, 12:37:23 AM1/23/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Changed to 'New Classic' mode and when TB launched, I get the message
at the bottom "downloading 1 of xx messages" but then immediately a
window appears stating

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
server localhost responded: negative vibes from *...@yahoo.com.au

and the Error Console shows two messages

HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
697

YahooPOPClassic.js: emailOnloadHandler : Exception :
NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]
956

Webmail Author

Jan 23, 2009, 2:21:01 PM1/23/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you send me the log files

mark

Jan 23, 2009, 10:53:28 PM1/23/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have just sent you the log files associated with yahoo but I have
noticed, for the first time, that 14 files are generated whenever I
launch TB, so I was not sure whether I was supposed to have sent you
the lot.

Mahdi

Feb 2, 2009, 5:37:41 AM2/2/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have the 1.0.4 version also and am getting negative vibes. Do you
know where to get the b13?

Thnks

Webmail Author

Feb 2, 2009, 2:54:01 PM2/2/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
B13 won't help, Yahoo have replaced or removed the method the
extension uses to download the email.

The new classic mode is not affect by this change, if you switch
extension's mode and yahoo site to classic everything should starting
working again

metal321

Feb 3, 2009, 6:12:56 AM2/3/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have three different Yahoo accounts but this is only happening with
the one that has a rocketmail domain. I am getting " The RETR command
did not succeed." I have it set to the beta site. When I try setting
my accounts to the classic mode, then none of them work. Any solution
to this?

mark

Feb 4, 2009, 5:10:56 AM2/4/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have not had Yahoo working since late Dec 08. Now I don't get any
error messages. I get "downloading 1 of xx messages" but it eventually
times out even though I have extended the time.

The Error Console has the following:-

YahooPOP.js: getMessage : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: this.m_szMsgID.match(PatternYahooBoxAlt) has no
properties
962

Mode is Production Website as the Classic gives "Negative Vibes".

pvradu

Feb 4, 2009, 12:03:26 PM2/4/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have switched yahoo extension to "New Classic Website" and yahoo
mail to classic, but i still get negative vibes. The error looks like
this:

YahooPOPClassic.js: emailOnloadHandler : Exception : Error.
Error message: error status 500
958

..and the popup says "The RETR command did not succeed..."

pvradu

Feb 5, 2009, 6:33:33 AM2/5/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
There is this other topic discussing this subject, and the webmail
author gave this link:

http://thunderbird-webmail-extension.googlegroups.com/web/yahoo-1-4-1b1.zip

With this beta version of yahoo webmail plugin, it works with yahoo
mail changed to "all new mail" and the yahoo plugin switched to "beta
website".

nimroad

Feb 6, 2009, 3:03:30 PM2/6/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Great, this new addon help solve the vibs problems

Thanks a lot

On Feb 5, 5:33 am, pvradu <pvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is this other topic discussing this subject, and the webmail
> author gave this link:
>
> http://thunderbird-webmail-extension.googlegroups.com/web/yahoo-1-4-1...

mark

Feb 6, 2009, 11:42:42 PM2/6/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have two yahoo accounts and NEITHER of them give me the option to
change to "classic" or "all new mail". When I'm in web mail, the only
way to log out is by clicking, 'calendar' and then 'sign out'.

I'll send Yahoo an email and see if they can fix this problem and then
I might be able to use TB and the yahoo extension.

On Feb 5, 10:33 pm, pvradu <pvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is this other topic discussing this subject, and the webmail
> author gave this link:
>
> http://thunderbird-webmail-extension.googlegroups.com/web/yahoo-1-4-1...

mark

Feb 7, 2009, 12:04:49 AM2/7/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
While trying to find where to send an email to yahoo, I found under
"Options" the "all new mail" try out. So I clicked on it and up came
the new format. Logged out, launched TB, and changed the address back
to the original as I had been playing with it.
Launched TB again, put in the password and voila!, success!! It has
been a long time coming.

The setting is as pvradu post.

Thank you WebMail Author