Only Downloads the latest 100 messages from Hotmail, nothing older than that

JeffK

Jun 20, 2007, 1:13:18 PM6/20/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
It seems the Thunderbird/Webmail extension, will only download the
most recent 100 messages. I assume this has something to do with the
fact that Hotmail displays 100 messages on each page. I am using
hotmail (old version, not hotmail live).

Is there some way I can get Thunderbird and webmail to download
EVERYTHING in my hotmail inbox, which is way more than 100 messages?

-J

Webmail Author

Jun 20, 2007, 4:22:11 PM6/20/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Do you the hotmail log file (see webmail options panel)

romain

Aug 9, 2007, 8:14:03 PM8/9/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hi Webmail Author,

I have to say that I have exactly the same problem as JeffK, and I
also use "old" Hotmail ; The fact is that I could not find any clue on
the web... I am under Vista Pro, TB 2.0.0.6, and I have installed the
add-ons Webmail 1.2.3 and Hotmail 1.2.3.

So... to continue on your proposal, I have the hotmail log folder
saved to disk (at a strange folder address, I must say). There are
many kind of log files. I don't understand much of it, but if there's
a way for to find a clue in one of these files, I can easily give you
one or all of them (by the way, I found my password in clear in what
seems to be the main hotmail log file... but this file is not
protected on my computer, is it ??!!).

Thanks VERY much for your answer,

On Jun 20, 10:22 pm, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do you the hotmail log file (see webmail options panel)
>
> On Jun 20, 6:13 pm, JeffK <jeffkel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems the Thunderbird/Webmail extension, will only download the

> > most recent100messages. I assume this has something to do with the
> > fact that Hotmail displays100messageson each page. I am using

alanrf

Aug 10, 2007, 12:51:52 AM8/10/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Romain,

Nor is the file in Thunderbird (in a very strange file name by the
way) that holds the passwords to ALL of your accounts. Good grief ...
it is on your system ... you are perfectly capable of editing it
before you pass it to anyone else and nobody is making you pass it
on.

You are asking for help from the developer who has freely made time
and expertise available to provide these extensions to you and the
community. You might display a hint of thanks rather than the tone
you are adopting.

romain

Aug 10, 2007, 8:52:54 AM8/10/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Alan,

Thank you for your clear answer, really. I want to apologize because
of the rudeness of my tone. You are perfectly right about that. I was
not aware of it when I wrote my message. All I wrote was under a quite
happy mood, even though my enthusiasm got transformed into a quite
direct, animal style. When I discovered this community, a couple of
hours before I decided to post the message in question, I had already
been enchanted by the existence of such an add-on as Webmail and the
other siblings add-ons, because it was solving my problems. Then,
after having been through the installation process, I had been amazed
by the way it worked, so smoothly. Some issues remained however. So,
very happy all in all, I had decided to go deeper and to look for some
clue to the remaining problems I had... This is when I discovered this
community: I was stunt by the energy and dedication going on, and also
by the clarity of the answers. Clarity and dedication, of which one of
the great representative personality is Webmail Author. So, I simply
wanted to discuss a little bit, thanks to my poor knowledge.
Especially because I don't really appreciate seeing kind posts not
responded as the one (from WA) I found in this topic... This has been
my yesterday's approach.

To try to be clear, when I say "Thank you VERY much" I intend to say
"I thank you sooo much for your knowledge and if you manage to get me
out of this situation, I'll be VERY grateful, and I'll transmit the
knowledge you passed on to others". When I notice the uncrypted
password, there is nooo devaluation; on the contrary, I want to point
out an interesting point! And when I notice the funny name of a
folder, I find it very funny indeed, without pointing out anything
else...

Now, I feel a bit clumsy. I'll do my best in the future to not let me
misunderstood (and firstly misunderstood by myself). I'm sorry english
is not my native langage. Gotta work on it!

Respectfully,
Romain

romain

Aug 15, 2007, 5:58:13 PM8/15/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hello,

I would like to share some facts about the problem that is discussed
here. I would like to warn the readers that this post is quite
technical; at least is it how I, as a beginner, judge it. I encourage
those of the forum members who are interested in this topic to come
back a bit later, when the problem will be solved: I promise a
synthetical and better written post with all the useful results, in so
far as this promise and this idea suits the community, of course.

Here are some facts: first about the configuratio used, then about the
log file.
1)
The versions I use :
Thunderbird 2.0.0.6
Webmail 1.2.3
Hotmail 1.2.5 (recently downloaded)

2)
Here is the structure of the account in question :
- "old" hotmail
- address x...@hotmail.com
- 10 subfolders named S1 to S10, from top to bottom visually in the
left column
- visual display of 50 messages per page

3)
Now, here are the facts describing the behaviour of the add-on:
- when i click on "get mail", everything happens as if my inbox and
the subfolders declared in the hotmail add-on were composed only of
the first page of display of hotmail: 50 messages (or 100 messages if
I choose to display 100 messages per page)

4)
hypothesis and more facts about the behaviour through the log file:
(a)
the notion of page could be not well considered. After the last
message of the page of 50 were checked, here is the message written in
the log file
23:06:19--Hotmail-SR - mailBoxOnloadHandler - oMSG: [object Object]
23:06:19--Hotmail-SR - mailBoxOnloadHandler -msg pages :
23:06:19--Hotmail-SR - mailBoxOnloadHandler -msg pages count : 0 0
The next line of the log file describes the change in folder (it goes
to S1). So this couple of lines seems to be giving a good clue on the
process going on under the behaviour which is discussed in this topic.

(b)
I am using a french display in hotmail, and I have downloaded an
english version of Webmail, because I also have an english version of
TB, so the writing of the dates appears to be an issue ; at least,
this is what I guessed from the following message, taken from the
Hotmail Log file. This guess if strongly questioned by the fact that
the first 50 messages are perfectly downloaded...)
23:06:19--Hotmail-SR - mailBoxOnloadHandler - oMSG: [object Object]
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR: processMSG - START
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR: processMSG - szMSGData <tr
name="postm...@solidariteetprogres.org"><td>[...a lot of
information...]</td></tr>
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - Email URL : [...a lot of
information...]
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - Email URL : [...a lot of
information...]
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - size : 34754
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - removeHTML - START
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - removeHTML - ENd
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - 15,août
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - 15 ,août 2007
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR - processMSG - Invalid Date
23:06:17--Hotmail-SR: processMSG - END

(c) a consequence to (a) and (b): could the numbering of pages be
different in the "french" hotmail interface and the "english" webmail/
hotmail add-ons?

(d) could there be an issue of the numbering of messages? Indeed, in
the "serverComms" part of the log file, the frontier is 100. This is
another question, because the number of messages dispayed is 50. And
the label of what should be the 101th message is ".", as you can see
below. Or maybe "." is a marker used to stop the serverComms protocol.
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms - START
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms msg 100 84717
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms sent count: 11 msg length: 11
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms - END
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms - START
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms msg .
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms sent count: 3 msg length: 3
23:06:23--Hotmail-SR - serverComms - END

Good night!

romain

Aug 17, 2007, 6:08:48 AM8/17/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Good morning,

a quick update: I tried installing TB 2.0.0.6 in *french*, I then
installed Hotmail 1.2.5 which was in french also, and the behaviour
was the same. No other clue.

Joy and happy day to you!