Human rights documentary The Runner films forgotten conflict of Western Sahara

Saeed T. Farouky

Dec 20, 2010, 8:41:59 AM12/20/10
to The LondonClubGroup.com - Middle East events in London
The human-rights documentary production company Tourist With A
Typewriter is at a critical point in their latest documentary project.

The Runner is the latest feature documentary from the award-winning
Palestinian/British filmmaker Saeed Taji Farouky and the team at
Tourist With A Typewriter. It is intended as an 80 minute theatrical
release, with a 52 minute television edit, and will premiere in time
for the London 2012 Olympics.

The Runner is a film about the limits of our endurance. It tells the
story of a champion long-distance runner who - in one dramatic moment
- became the symbol of a national liberation movement. Salah Ameidan
is a man willing to risk his career, his family, his nationality and
his life to run for a country that doesn't exist: Western Sahara,
officially the last colony in Africa. Virtually unknown on the world
stage, Western Sahara is an area larger than the United Kingdom and
has been under Moroccan occupation since 1975.

We are currently in production, and - more importantly - looking for
support for the next crucial stage of filming in January. To read more
about the film, and to see how you can support it in return for some
unique gifts from the production team and Salah, please visit
http://igg.me/p/14535?a=8049&i=shlk