Saving TestNG reports

Tabassum Memon

Aug 25, 2010, 11:40:39 PM8/25/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does anyone one how to save the TestNG generated HTML report automatically.

Evey time I run the test, the older report gets overwritten.
I want the report to be saved on my hard drive by the test or the suite name.

Is there any way I can do that.

Thanks,
Tabassum

Cédric Beust ♔

Aug 26, 2010, 12:56:53 AM8/26/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Use your build system (ant, maven, whatever) to move the directory to a different location after the tests have run.

--
Cédric

Cédric

Tabassum Memon

Aug 26, 2010, 1:43:45 AM8/26/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Can I do that in testng xml as well

Thanks,
Tabassum

Cédric Beust ♔

Aug 26, 2010, 1:46:44 AM8/26/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
No, this is a build concern, not a test one.

However, you can invoke TestNG with -d, which lets you specify the output directory.

--
Cédric

Tabassum Memon

Aug 26, 2010, 7:43:34 AM8/26/10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I running the test using ant I m getting  Unexpected element "{}  " {antlib:org.apache.tools.ant} exception.

And by using TestNg xml I m not able to save the report.

Can anyone please help me out in that.

ravi o

Dec 7, 2012, 2:11:26 AM12/7/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to raise the question. the same issue i got..

I m very new to automation..

Can't we save the reportNG output into specific folder without overwritten the previous output and without any build tool..?

is there any way to change any settings in eclipse only by changing the target name of reportNG xml file.?

But reportNG is defaultly taking the target file called "emailable-report.html" to store the result.. can we change the target file name to overcome the overwritten the ouput..?

or any ideas?

plz do the needful ASP..

mani kandan

Dec 7, 2012, 6:47:25 AM12/7/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Testng output depends on a system variable. If you can change that for each run then you will get TestNG output in different directory.

ALWAYS KEEP SMILING

 FOR U EVER,

     G.MANIKANDAN

ravi o

Dec 7, 2012, 8:46:32 AM12/7/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your reply...

Could you plz explain with example..

when i executing testng.xml file, ReportNG will be generated right.? i want to save the report into my specific folder, because i don't want to overwrite the previous report with new report when i execute testng.xml file next time. plz give me example how to save the report into my folder

mani kandan

Dec 10, 2012, 4:46:34 AM12/10/12
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Try this one.. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/testng-users/BW2hT_h-CE8/7z927lcgCnwJ