Tesseract - Did Any One Try - French MT Script

Madan KN

Mar 21, 2010, 1:23:10 PM3/21/10
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just need to know if anyone tried French MT Script with tesseract earlier. Will it work??

Any info is greatly appreciated. Also check the file am trying to train.

-- Mady
a.tif

Eugene Reimer

Mar 22, 2010, 12:09:57 AM3/22/10
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I tried it using
http://ereimer.net/programs/tesseract-training-from-source with the font
from
http://www.free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/french-script-mt-2944-download.htm
and while the newly constructed training files worked well on spaced-out
text they worked very badly on the sort of text you want. The text in
your image is smaller than the 10-points at 600-dpi that I trained for,
but even after scaling it to that size the results were still hopelessly
bad. So I have no useful results to report...

Madan KN

Mar 22, 2010, 2:07:23 AM3/22/10
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reimer,

Thanks a lot for the info. Any other options did you try with.

-- Madan KN