Miramar Repositories - next steps

Mark Banner

Apr 15, 2011, 6:05:09 AM4/15/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
Whilst I'm still figuring out proposals for what to do with our repositories and branch structures, I want to move the Miramar builds onto building from the mozilla-aurora branch of gecko. This will move us closer to what we're now planning on shipping from.

Until we've got some concrete plans for handling the branches, we'll do this like we are with the current Miramar builds - build comm-central and mozilla-aurora together, and then have comm-central and mozilla-central for the next version.

If we can, we'll do this migration today, there's a little bit of build config required (bug 650227), and the required buildbot changes (bug 650225). We'll keep the same tinderbox and tinderboxpushlog trees for Miramar and just rename the builders.

I realise that we'll probably firm up plans for branches next week and this causes a bit of extra churn, but I'd rather get us onto gecko 2.2 and ironing out any code issues now, than waiting another week.

Mark.

Mark Banner

Apr 15, 2011, 6:47:15 PM4/15/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
We've now landed this transition. If you've been building with comm-central and mozilla-2.0, you'll need to move across to comm-central and mozilla-aurora.

The Miramar tree is still recovering from the transition, but should be reasonably green soon, I'm hoping to reopen it sometime tomorrow.

If you download nightly builds they will probably appear in http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-comm-aurora/ (assuming they are successful), the comm-2.0 directory will go away soon.

We haven't tested nightly updates yet, but I am expecting them to work, though the first ones may be complete updates rather than partial - I'll check sometime over the weekend.

Mark.