Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Pent

ungelesen,
05.12.2011, 05:30:2705.12.11
an Tasker
I am waiting for an update for my Nexus S in order to be able to
investigate and fix problems with ICS. Up to that point, my
understanding is that Tasker largely works on ICS.

Some people have reported:

* Notification bar icon not persisting
* state Calendar Entry not working (probably crashing)
* LEDs not lighting up
* Wifi Tether not working
* HTTP Get not working

I can only confirm the first two as definite ICS problems.

Pent

Peter Radcliffe

ungelesen,
05.12.2011, 08:50:0005.12.11
an Tasker
Pent <sup...@apps.dinglisch.net> probably said:
>I am waiting for an update for my Nexus S in order to be able to
>investigate and fix problems with ICS. Up to that point, my
>understanding is that Tasker largely works on ICS.
>
>Some people have reported:
>
>* Notification bar icon not persisting
>* state Calendar Entry not working (probably crashing)
>* LEDs not lighting up
>* Wifi Tether not working

I've found I can turn wifi tethering on with tasker in ICS but I can't
turn it off again.

P.

--
pir

kecinzer

ungelesen,
08.12.2011, 06:42:5508.12.11
an Tasker
Great news.
I bought Galaxy Nexus yesterday, and I have exactly probles that you
meaned.

CodeMonkey

ungelesen,
08.12.2011, 06:57:5708.12.11
an Tasker
The calendar entry issues may be down to API Changes in ICS per
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/10/ics-and-non-public-apis.html
I'm seeing calendar access issues on other apps eg SMSBackup+ call log
settings.

In Tasker when I access my (imported profile's) Calendar state context
I get a force close on my <shiny> Galaxy Nexus.
The whole profile itself doesn't misbehave when Tasker is running and
the other conditions are fulfilled, it just doesn't fire.

I've not seen any issues with enabling / disabling LED notification
and don't have any notification icon as I don't run in foreground.

Guess I'll just manually set vibrate on & off for my meetings at the
office for now - I've been spoilt by Tasker too long :-).

On Dec 5, 1:50 pm, Peter Radcliffe <p...@pir.net> wrote:

> Pent <supp...@apps.dinglisch.net> probably said:
>
> >I am waiting for an update for my Nexus S in order to be able to

> >investigate and fix problems withICS. Up to that point, my

> >understanding is that Tasker largely works onICS.
>
> >Some people have reported:
>
> >* Notification bar icon not persisting

> >* stateCalendarEntry not working (probably crashing)

> >* LEDs not lighting up
> >* Wifi Tether not working
>

> I've found I can turn wifi tethering on with tasker inICSbut I can't

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
09.12.2011, 03:07:0109.12.11
an Tasker
Here's another issue: CPU time. Under ICS Tasker is consume massive
amounts of it, enough to eat half a battery in three hours or so.
Granted this could be quite specific to my profiles although half of
them are disabled since they don't work anyway... and all of them were
fine on Gingerbread.

Anyway this one is a showstopper so it's disable for now. Boo.

Mat.

Pent

ungelesen,
09.12.2011, 03:23:2609.12.11
an Tasker
> Here's another issue: CPU time. Under ICS Tasker is consume massive
> amounts of it, enough to eat half a battery in three hours or so.
> Granted this could be quite specific to my profiles

How about disabling them one by one till it stops to find the
culprit ?

Pent

Oon-Ee Ng

ungelesen,
09.12.2011, 03:45:3909.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

Bisecting would be more efficient, disable half and test etc. =)

Peter Radcliffe

ungelesen,
09.12.2011, 06:38:0409.12.11
an Tasker
Mat Bettinson <mat.be...@gmail.com> probably said:
>Here's another issue: CPU time. Under ICS Tasker is consume massive
>amounts of it, enough to eat half a battery in three hours or so.
>Granted this could be quite specific to my profiles although half of
>them are disabled since they don't work anyway... and all of them were
>fine on Gingerbread.

I'm not seeing that on ICS. Presumably it's something you're doing
in a profile that I'm not.

P.

--
pir

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 03:50:1611.12.11
an Tasker
On Dec 9, 10:38 pm, Peter Radcliffe <p...@pir.net> wrote:

> I'm not seeing that on ICS. Presumably it's something you're doing
> in a profile that I'm not.

Neither am I now... odd. I'll keep an eye on it.

One possible culprit could be the workarounds I've had to do for
broken tasker stuff, lots of SL4A Python. This was also crashing a
lot, something I found somewhat alleviated with the r5 beta...

Mat.

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 09:59:2111.12.11
an Tasker
Actually I am seeing it and I've not got every profile disabled.
Tasker is quite happily sitting there chewing up most of the CPU time
on one core of the CPU.

I played around some, disabled the accessibility service. Then stopped
and restarted tasker and CPU time was normal. Enabled a profile and
it's still okay. Enabled all the profiles (that work) and it's still
okay.

Turned back on the accessibility service, restarted tasker. CPU is
still okay. Gah.

Mat.

Pent

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 10:09:5411.12.11
an Tasker
> Turned back on the accessibility service, restarted tasker. CPU is
> still okay. Gah.

Thanks for the analysis, very useful. I'll put it on my ICS things-to-
test list.

Pent

Adam Greatrix

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 10:56:1111.12.11
an Tasker
I can confirm and deny some of the above points.

The notification icon does not persist (sometimes it's just gone). It
can be swiped off or cleared too.

Calendar event doesn't work. I used these a lot on my previous phone.
I have some logging and a screenshot possibly showing this error (main
bit copied and pasted below, Pent - please let me know where you'd
like me to send the full log if needed).

LEDs DO work (both correct colour and frequency). However they only
activate if the screen is off when the notification fires. This has
been the behaviour of some phones running Android for a long time, and
is the same with the stock applications.

I have had issues with a task that uses HTTP Get too. Same profile on
my old phone works fine. The contents of the variables it sets are
slightly different between the two phones.

I've also possibly experienced the extremely high CPU load, or at
least something that may be that. On a number of occasions while
editing tasks in Tasker, the GUI becomes VERY slow, and I get the
standard android "Tasker has stopped responding" message. Sometimes if
I hit Wait it does snap out of it. One specific example was when
choosing the LED colour to test it. The first few times I changed the
colour the UI was responsive, but one time when I scrolled through the
list of colours the screen only updated about once every 5 seconds.
Often hitting back and going back into that particular settings page
snaps it out of it too.

Pent - I'm more than happy to help debug this. I can get logcat and
debug files from Tasker easily.

Pent

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 11:57:5911.12.11
an Tasker
> Pent - I'm more than happy to help debug this. I can get logcat and
> debug files from Tasker easily.

Thanks, but it's not ver time-efficient to debug all of these issues
by proxy, especially not right now.

The input so perfect so I know exactly what to look at when I finally
get an update (or am forced into buying yet another phone by the
update taking ages as happened with Gingerbread and the Nexus One)

Pent

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 19:00:3611.12.11
an Tasker
> Turned back on the accessibility service, restarted tasker. CPU is
> still okay. Gah.

And everything was fine over night until 8AM at which point CPU went
crazy again. That told me what task it was. I've got a task that is
doing the wait until thing in order to watch for Python script that
had finished. Looks like something is going wrong with that.

Hmm, I really need to find some good way of doing something with SL4A
and *then* continuing in tasker. I wish there was some way to set a
variable or do some other sort of inter-process communication.

Mat.

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 19:15:5311.12.11
an Tasker
Pent,

> The input so perfect so I know exactly what to look at when I finally
> get an update (or am forced into buying yet another phone by the
> update taking ages as happened with Gingerbread and the Nexus One)

I'm told by someone who has a Nexus S that the AOSP builds of ICS work
very well indeed on the Nexus S.

Might get you out of trouble?

Mat.

baudi

ungelesen,
11.12.2011, 19:19:2811.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, I really need to find some good way of doing something with SL4A
and *then* continuing in tasker. I wish there was some way to set a
variable or do some other sort of inter-process communication.

You have to use the beta version of sl4a.

Mat Bettinson

ungelesen,
12.12.2011, 07:43:1912.12.11
an Tasker
On Dec 12, 11:19 am, baudi <dch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Take a look at this:https://groups.google.com/d/topic/python-for-android/rcOd_Mio6yI/disc...

> You have to use the beta version of sl4a.

Okay, took me awhile to get my head around what was going on but...
it's officially Made of Win.

Many many thanks.

kecinzer

ungelesen,
13.12.2011, 04:33:4813.12.11
an Tasker
I had to disable Tasker for now, because is useless for me on ICS.
I hope that you get update soon.

Sam Yankovoy

ungelesen,
13.12.2011, 15:47:5013.12.11
an Tasker
I am seeing some weird behavior on my galaxy nexus with silent mode/
ringers. I previously had wifi profiles set up for my home and office
to turn vibrate mode on and off. While I can see the profiles being
triggered, the ringer state is not always changed properly. I'm not
even sure how to go about testing this, as it seems to work
sporadically, but if you could look into it once you have an ICS
device I'd appreciate it.

chikimonke

ungelesen,
16.12.2011, 12:18:0116.12.11
an Tasker
Pent, Peter Alfonso has put together an ICS emulator. I'm not sure if
that is at all helpful to you, but here's the link. May save you from
having to wait for an update or buy a new phone. http://goo.gl/s71rn

M.V.

ungelesen,
16.12.2011, 17:05:0416.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
the ice cream sandwich OTA for the NS is there: https://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo/VQ8PQk_V.zip

have fun w/ your treat pent :)
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Gwadro

ungelesen,
17.12.2011, 03:27:4117.12.11
an Tasker

On 16 Dez., 23:05, "M.V." <m...@mitjaveil.com> wrote:
> the ice cream sandwich OTA for the NS is

> there:https://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo/VQ8PQk_...
> official newshttps://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/cRBcEzBAmGL

> have fun w/ your treat pent :)

Hi,
have ICS on my Nexus S,
a little work for you Pent. Widget Labels are too large,
Permanent Notification was killed, or Tasker was killed. Not sure.
most continue

Pent

ungelesen,
17.12.2011, 03:42:4117.12.11
an Tasker
> > the ice cream sandwich OTA for the NS is
> > there:https://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo/VQ8PQk_...
> > official newshttps://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/cRBcEzBAmGL
>
> > have fun w/ your treat pent :)

Cool, thanks for the info.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 08:24:0218.12.11
an Tasker
Update: I have ICS installed, will be fixing issues during beta
testing of Tasker 1.2.

Pent

Jens Geipel

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 10:32:4018.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

Nice to read, ICS is cool.
--
Jens

Peter Heitman

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 10:51:5718.12.11
an Tasker
I'm having trouble with the fact that ICS seems to link the ringer and
notification volumes. My task to silence the notification volume seems
to silence the phone. Is there a task to switch the notification
ringtone (so that I can switch it to Silence and then back to my
selected ringtone in the Exit Task)?

On Dec 18, 10:32 am, "Jens Geipel" <gwa...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 14:57:5918.12.11
an Tasker
The erratic notification icon turns out to be an Android bug...

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=21635

Pent

bobo

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 17:01:3018.12.11
an Tasker
Lovely. Looking forward to running tasker full tilt on ics.
Thanks.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
Diese Unterhaltung ist gesperrt
An gesperrte Konversationen können keine Antworten gesendet werden. Auch andere Aktionen sind nicht möglich.
0 neue Nachrichten