Headset and Alarm Volume

Jimt68

Oct 27, 2010, 12:25:44 PM10/27/10
to Tasker
I have two different scenerios that I am trying to accomplish with one
profile and I am wondering if it is possible. One scenerio is when I
plug in my headphones at night to listen to music, I want my alarm
volume set at 7. The other scenerio is when I am using my car dock, I
don't want the alarm volume up at all.
Anyway, I have set a "Headset" profile so that when I plug in my
headphones at night, my alarm goes up to 7. That's perfect!
However, when I plug in my car audio cassette jack, my alarm goes up
to 7, even though I have the alarm set to zero on my "Car Dock"
profile. Is there away to get my car dock profile to override the the
headset profile even if Tasker "sees" my cassette adapter as a
headset? Thanks

Pent

Oct 28, 2010, 4:30:21 AM10/28/10
to Tasker
Add a state Car Dock (Inverted) to your headset profile.

Meaning 'when headset in and not docked'.

Pent

Jim Tinker

Oct 28, 2010, 1:52:53 PM10/28/10
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You mean Car Dock, the application? But I don't have any volume settings with my car dock. I have a profile called "car home", but it does not appear in the task section of my headset profile. In fact I can never find any way to link to profiles together. So basically I'm confused.

Jim Tinker

Oct 28, 2010, 1:56:15 PM10/28/10
to tas...@googlegroups.com
One more thing...when I select invert on my headset profile it then changes it to "not headset". So it doesn't give me an option to invert to anything such as car dock.

Jim Tinker

Oct 28, 2010, 2:38:05 PM10/28/10
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I might have it. Now on my main profile screen, my Headset profile has on the left side: "Headset Plugged" with the task Alarm Volume 7 next to it. And underneath "Headset Plugged" it reads "Not Docked". Does this appear correct? Do I need to create a task for Not Docked? I will try it in my car after work. Thanks

Pent

Oct 28, 2010, 2:40:21 PM10/28/10
to Tasker
> Ok,  I might have it.  Now on my main profile screen, my Headset profile has on the left side: "Headset Plugged" with the task Alarm Volume 7 next to it. And underneath "Headset Plugged" it reads "Not Docked". Does this appear correct?

Yes.

> Do I need to create a task for Not Docked?

No.

Your profile now says 'while the headset is plugged and I'm not
docked, set the volume to 7'.
All the things (context) on the left must apply for the task on the
right to run.

Pent