%CELLSIG constantly 8 on Galaxy SII

peswe

Aug 30, 2011, 1:47:44 AM8/30/11
to Tasker
I'm trying to build a profile/task that sets Airplanemode On when the
signal is low.
The problem is that %CELLSIG = 8 even if the signal bars indicates Low
Signal.
If I lose signal completely the %CELLSIG = -1.
Is the Galaxy SII uncompatible with the %CELLSIG variable?

/Peter

Pent

Aug 30, 2011, 4:44:14 AM8/30/11
to Tasker
Don't think so, at least no one else has mentioned the problem. If
%CELLSIG is updating when you lose signal and get it back again,
apparently the basic mechanism is working.

Sorry, I'm genuienly (speling?) stumped.

Pent

peswe

Aug 30, 2011, 5:11:06 AM8/30/11
to Tasker
It's only changing when I'm completely out of signal, then it gives
%CELLSIG = -1.
In all cases with signal (low 0-1 bar, to high 4 bars) the value of
the %CELLSIG = 8 and never change.
I thought it would be like 0,2,6,8 depending on the signal strenght...

/Peter

Pent

Aug 30, 2011, 5:20:27 AM8/30/11
to Tasker
> I thought it would be like 0,2,6,8 depending on the signal strenght...

Yes, on every other device except yours apparently. Maybe you have a
custom ROM of some kind ?

Pent

peswe

Aug 30, 2011, 7:10:17 AM8/30/11
to Tasker
Nope, it's the stock android O/S, Gingerbread 2.3.3.
And the latest Tasker v1.1u2m
No modification in O/S

/Peter

Vicw

Dec 13, 2012, 9:08:12 AM12/13/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
After more testing, it appears this is a Samsung problem, rather than Tasker. I confirmed that the phone is actually showing a Signal Strength of +85 while on a 4g connection, which probably accounts for the invalid readout on Tasker.