Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 07:58:2018.12.11
an Tasker
Download:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

*Before* installing:

- make a profile data backup and copy it somewhere safe
- turn on Menu / Prefs / Misc / Debug To System Log
- enabling Menu / Prefs / Misc / Run Log might also be useful

*After* install:

- download the new version of docs and help texts *to SD*. The online
versions are not updated
- make regular backups

If you have a crash, don't ask 'should I send a log', just send it,
see the email in Menu / Info / Support. If possible, please describe
what you were doing at the time (if in the UI) or what task/profile/
scene function you think might be relevant. Don't be surprised if it
crashes immediately; there's a lot of data conversion going on to keep
it backwards compatible.

Note 1: This version is completely untested, and not adapted for, ICS.
During the beta-testing period I'll be updating for ICS.

Note 2: I'm aware there are missing help texts for some scene element
actions. Other missing links and types I'd love to hear about.

Apology: I had posted that you could overlay the keyguard with
controls. That turned out not to be correct. You can put an Overlay
(see Show Scene) over the Keyguard (for informational purposes), but
not a Blocking Overlay
(which is necessary for user-interaction).

Question 1: does Cell Near work better when the display is off ? If
not, try enabling Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Cell/Net Wakeup, does that
help ?

Question 2: what should I do with the free Menu space on the main
screen ? I thought of using it for toggling the project bar, but most
people won't use projects.

Sorry for the epic post!

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 07:59:2218.12.11
an Tasker
p.s. there is no beta expiry on this version, just to reassure people
who have been caught out in the past

TW

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 08:03:4818.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
YAY, IT'S HERE!!

thanks Pent, gonna have a play with it immediately :)

TW

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 08:17:3718.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
first log is on its way :)
it crashes when lauching after install, it crashes everytime
if I install the syable version, clear all data, install the beta again it starts fine
so it's probably something in my profiles..

Alex

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 08:18:2818.12.11
an Tasker
On my Desire HD, it force closed immediately so no possibility to
report. Here is crash log:
13.14
Unable to create service net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.MonitorService:
java.lang.NullPointerException
android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:
2188)
android.app.ActivityThread.access$2500(ActivityThread.java:132)
android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1097)
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:143)
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4196)
Caused by:
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ka.a(Unknown Source)
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.nq.<init>(Unknown Source)
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ik.a(Unknown Source)
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ik.<init>(Unknown Source)
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.kz.a(Unknown Source)
net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.kz.a(Unknown Source)

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 09:15:4418.12.11
an Tasker
Same as TWs, fix soon.

Can't load states from old config, didn't test that :-)

Pent

Alex

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 09:40:2518.12.11
an Tasker
I loaded again after saving and deleting all profiles etc., as TW I
think.
Other notes:
Market does not recognise the Beta for validation.
Can't restore, import tasks or profiles as far as I can see. (maybe
that's what you meant by states, so already known?)
Seems difficult to change order in a task by dragging as the popup cut/
copy/insert action comes up comes up.
I assume now I need to cut and paste or copy, paste in right place
then cut the old one. Seems ok if so, just take a while to understand.
Still trying it out.

hackworks

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 10:46:1818.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for getting the beta out, it works on my O2X. I had to recreate all my profiles but worth the effort. Just waiting for market validation to work so that I can be sure it does not stop working when I need it most. Thanks once again.

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 10:49:5018.12.11
an Tasker
OK, b2 is up.

Had some other issues come up too, hence delay.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 10:51:5318.12.11
an Tasker
> Market does not recognise the Beta for validation.

Did you install the correct beta ? What does it say for version in
Menu / Info / About ? You need to give it 20 minutes as well if I
recall.

> Can't restore, import tasks or profiles as far as I can see. (maybe
> that's what you meant by states, so already known?)

In what way 'can't' ?

> Seems difficult to change order in a task by dragging as the popup cut/
> copy/insert action comes up comes up.

It's changed, there are faded drag bars on the right now, you don't
long click anymore. Same on the main screen.

Pent

hackworks

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 11:06:0118.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
I installed the beta with 'm' for market. When trying to validate, it says invalid application or needs to update.

Alex

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 11:15:5318.12.11
an Tasker
Sorry I've been out for a while.

> Did you install the correct beta ? What does it say for version in
> Menu / Info / About ? You need to give it 20 minutes as well if I
> recall.

Version 1.21bm
On the device contacting market after 20 minutes:
Error : unknown application or version, maybe you need to update.

> > Can't restore, import tasks or profiles as far as I can see. (maybe
> > that's what you meant by states, so already known?)
> In what way 'can't' ?

Ah, now I've found it by long pressing say tasks at the top of the
screen I get Import or set sort. I've always gone from the main menu
but now I can't find it.

> > Seems difficult to change order in a task by dragging as the popup cut/
> > copy/insert action comes up comes up.
> It's changed, there are faded drag bars on the right now, you don't
> long click anymore. Same on the main screen.

Didn't see them, more like barely visible, but there they are,
excellent.

See, you need numpties like me to Beta test really.
I'll now upgrade.

kecinzer

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 12:34:1418.12.11
an Tasker
Thank you for new beta.
Where I can download docs and help texts?

TW

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 12:55:4318.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
I was also looking for a way to import Profile and Tasks per piece, it took me a while to see it has moved to long-pressing the tabs on top :)

b2 imports my backup but seems to put a copy of some profiles in another Project..
deleting this Project and refile the Profiles seems to do the trick

had a short play with Scenes earlier and it is quite impressive!

TW

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 12:56:3718.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
you can download the help by clicking Menu - Info - Userguide and then download to SD

Duck Redbeard

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 13:37:1518.12.11
an Tasker
I'm looking around in the Beta and can't find something I liked about
the old version.  I liked having my profiles grouped together, tabbed
to show type.  I had a tab for several "categories" that I defined.
 General, widget related, location, phone related, security, and
brightness.  Is this option gone?

Duck Redbeard

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 13:39:1618.12.11
an Tasker
So far no crashes or issues on a rooted HTC Aria, market version, not
validating yet but was able to restore data from previous version.

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 13:39:4418.12.11
an Tasker
> On the device contacting market after 20 minutes:
> Error : unknown application or version, maybe you need to update.

Ah, that's the stupid Market licence checker refusing to accept a
version higher than the once it knows about and putting out a
completely unrelated error message.

It happened because you deleted the old version (or cleared its data).
You need to delete the new version, install 1.1.1u2m, get validated,
installed 1.2b2m (without deleting first).

> Didn't see them, more like barely visible, but there they are,
> excellent.

I didn't want them to disturb, especially on the main screen. You
don't have to touch the actual bars, they just mark the area where
dragging starts.

Pent

Duck Redbeard

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 13:53:4618.12.11
an Tasker
I just got the same thing regarding the validation. When I installed
the market version on my test device, it replaced the existing 1.1
version.

When I installed the non-market version on my daily device, it added a
second version, with the 1.1 turned off and the 1.2b turned on. Both
can be used at the same time?

Duck Redbeard

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 13:59:1018.12.11
an Tasker
Found the tabs I was talking about. Dragged down on the top of the
screen, just under the "Tasks/Scenes" tabs. I see we can add more
tabs now, and scroll them left-right to see them if out of view. I
like this because I can further organize my profiles.

One day you are going to run out of ways to make your app better. One
day soon. This is the first app anyone should install on their
device. And I love bragging about it to the iDiots.

On Dec 18, 1:37 pm, Duck Redbeard <duckredbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

kecinzer

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 15:34:2818.12.11
an Tasker
On ICS tasker 1.2b2m still dissapearing from notification bar.

On 18 pro, 13:58, Pent <supp...@apps.dinglisch.net> wrote:

TW

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 15:45:1018.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
noticed a few things:
- with Profile Auto-Collapse Mania set to 0, Tasker doesn't remember if a Profile was open or closed
  it just opens all Profiles upon startup
- I can't seem to find a way to move Profiles, Tasks & Scenes to another Project
- in Scene - Element Image I can't enter a Variable as image which doesn't make it very flexible
- is there a way to make the text in Scene - Text scrollable?
- when creating a Scene, if I set the size to max clicking the Zoom button doesn't switch between the 2 modes
  so the + sign to add Elements also isn't toggled, there is no indication what might the cause so it can be confusing :)

oh man, this version is really nice!
great work Pent!

Wojtek

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 16:01:3118.12.11
an Tasker
Hi Pent,

I've just emailed you my alogcat file as an attachment.
I attempted to access Tasker three times throughout the duration of
the log file, each which resulted in a Force Close error.

Just tried to install beta rev2 and:

1. it installed and then followed up with a Force Close error before I
had a chance to click open.
2. Acknowledged the Force Close then clicked open to be faced with
another Force Close error
3. Went to my Android Home screen then into the Applications page and
opened Tasker from there. Force close again.

Unfortunately, unable to get into this new beta.

Running on a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.XWKK2

Hope this helps with a fix?

Wojtek

On Dec 18, 10:58 pm, Pent <supp...@apps.dinglisch.net> wrote:
> Download:
>
> http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html
>
> *Before* installing:
>
> - make a profile data backup and copy it somewhere safe
> - turn on Menu / Prefs / Misc / Debug To System Log
> - enabling Menu / Prefs / Misc / Run Log might also be useful

Pawci0

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 16:19:3718.12.11
an Tasker
Hi Pent
Great work with this new version.
My first suggestion so far: it would be very helpful if the tasks that
are active (currently running) were marked somehow. There's a new
tasks menu, so it shouldn't be hard to implement ;)
Thanx!

BossMan

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 17:02:0418.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Agree with other guys - very nice looking version. There are still some rough edges though :)

1) bug (I believe): in the task edit window, long pressing an action deletes it,
2) annoying feature: in the task edit window/profiles list etc. touching near the right edge of an item triggers "move" action. Since I got used to scrolling items on the far right of the screen, I tend to mess things now ;)
3) bug (?): in the task edit window, some action's settings are marked as ??? (e.g. Wifi ???, not Wifi Off), but the task seems to work still as expected (screenshot will follow in a separate email),
4) starting a task from existing shortcut results in a force close (log will follow). Re-added shortcut works ok.

BR,
A.

Pent

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 17:02:4718.12.11
an Tasker
> On ICS tasker 1.2b2m still dissapearing from notification bar.

Android bug.

Pent

BossMan

ungelesen,
18.12.2011, 18:24:5218.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
continuing:

5) layout issue: I had a warning sign next to one of my tasks. Turn out this was a menu task and one of the icons was not accessible, but I was not able to see this in the menu dialog window until I switched to horizontal mode,
6) menu task did not migrate successfuly -  seems like all labels are lost and now I have "Variable set" 6th times instead of my text descriptions.

BR,
A.

V Oz

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 03:11:2919.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Cell Near work better
YeSSSS! It work WITHOUT  Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Cell/Net Wakeup option turned ON!
I've test it with 550 seconds time delay in Display turned off mode. (With that delay phone goes to deep sleep - verified)
HTC Incredible S (android 2.3.5  kernel 2.6.35.14)

Import and start was clear - no crashes. I've download guide via USB reverse tethering.

so, how to make projects? Guide does not clear :(

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 03:25:0719.12.11
an Tasker
> YeSSSS! It work WITHOUT  Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Cell/Net Wakeup option
> turned ON!

Thanks for the feedback, guess I may as well take out the Wakeup
option.

> I've test it with 550 seconds time delay in Display turned off mode. (With
> that delay phone goes to deep sleep - verified)
> HTC Incredible S (android 2.3.5  kernel 2.6.35.14)
>

> so, how to make projects? Guide does not clear :(

In 'Help This Screen' on the main screen, in the Projects section:

<LI><B>Long-click</B> on a project tab for options, including
adding a new tab

Pent

V Oz

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 04:01:5619.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
the key was - faded arrow - it was too faded :) I got it on occasion. Fine.

Maybe You shouldn't harry up with removing Wakeup option still in beta state.

V Oz

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 04:27:5819.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
7) layout issue: when dragging profile between projects - finger hovers over "Project N+1", but highlighted "Project N" and profile (task ..) dropped into "Profile N". So, last Project became unaccessible. (workaround is to shift it to left)
8) All my profiles was imported into projects with shift by 1 to left :) (I've used User layout in v. 1.1.)

V Oz

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 04:37:0819.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
7+) that issue there is when Home tab is not visible.

david.ja...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:05:4819.12.11
an Tasker
> > Cell Near work better
>
> YeSSSS! It work WITHOUT Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Cell/Net Wakeup option
> turned ON!
> I've test it with 550 seconds time delay in Display turned off mode. (With
> that delay phone goes to deep sleep - verified)
> HTC Incredible S (android 2.3.5 kernel 2.6.35.14)

Didn't work for me this morning. Samsung Galaxy S2 - 2.6.35.14-Siyah
Kernel, Andorid 2.3.7.

I'll have another play later. Ta.

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:20:4919.12.11
an Tasker
> - I can't seem to find a way to move Profiles, Tasks & Scenes to another
> Project

I've just realised, it's disabling the drag bars at the right if the
sort isn't user. Which is stupid because then you can't move between
projects... will fix.

> - in Scene - Element Image I can't enter a Variable as image which doesn't
> make it very flexible

You can set it with Element Image in the Scenes category, which will
take a variable I think.

> - is there a way to make the text in Scene - Text scrollable?

Good plan :-)

> - when creating a Scene, if I set the size to max clicking the Zoom button
> doesn't switch between the 2 modes

Heh, weird.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:27:0819.12.11
an Tasker
> 1) bug (I believe): in the task edit window, long pressing an action
> deletes it,

Ah, looks like I've tied it in to the UI option 'Main Screen' options
Short Click Action and Long Click Action. Guess that's good, makes it
consistent, but I should move the preference out of the Main Screen
category.

You drag on the right now, without long-click.

> 2) annoying feature: in the task edit window/profiles list etc. touching
> near the right edge of an item triggers "move" action. Since I got used to
> scrolling items on the far right of the screen, I tend to mess things now ;)

I think after a short while you'll think, wow this is really easy and
fast, just touch and drag. That's how it was with me anyway.

> 3) bug (?): in the task edit window, some action's settings are marked as
> ??? (e.g. Wifi ???, not Wifi Off), but the task seems to work still as
> expected (screenshot will follow in a separate email),

Are you maybe in a non-English language ?

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:28:4819.12.11
an Tasker
> 6) menu task did not migrate successfuly -  seems like all labels are lost
> and now I have "Variable set" 6th times instead of my text descriptions.

Ah, you mean you had an action label and it didn't go over, but the
actions were OK ?

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:31:1919.12.11
an Tasker

On Dec 19, 9:27 am, V Oz <v.ozzzz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 7) layout issue: when dragging profile between projects - finger hovers
> over "Project N+1", but highlighted "Project N" and profile (task ..)
> dropped into "Profile N". So, last Project became unaccessible. (workaround
> is to shift it to left)

If you clear data and create a new tab manually, does it still
happen ? Maybe it's a result of your point 8) below.

> 8) All my profiles was imported into projects with shift by 1 to left :)
> (I've used User layout in v. 1.1.)

I think I've got that fixed next time.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:31:4019.12.11
an Tasker
> 7+) that issue there is when Home tab is not visible.

The home tab disappears ?

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 05:32:3219.12.11
an Tasker
> Didn't work for me this morning. Samsung Galaxy S2 - 2.6.35.14-Siyah
> Kernel, Andorid 2.3.7.
>
> I'll have another play later. Ta.

Try the Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Net/Cell Wakeup.

Help ?

Pent

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 06:00:0719.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Actually, it seems the labels are still there (so they are not lost), but they're just attributes of the Variable Set/Clear actions, and the label in the menu for each action is not the action's label but the action's name (so basically I have a menu with 5 or 6 "Variable Set/Clear" entries).

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 06:19:1819.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
> 1) bug (I believe): in the task edit window, long pressing an action
> deletes it,

Ah, looks like I've tied it in to the UI option 'Main Screen' options
Short Click Action and Long Click Action. Guess that's good, makes it
consistent, but I should move the preference out of the Main Screen
category.

This is not consistent - everywhere else there's a confirmation dialog before deletion (of a profile/task) and in the task window actions just "disappear" ;)
Also here are my proposal for UI improvements :)
- single click takes you to editing action/task directly (without popup window with actions available) - now it takes additional click to edit every single action,
- long press shows a dialog, where all options, including delete are presented,
- dragging an item to thrash can allows quick delete if needed.

> 2) annoying feature: in the task edit window/profiles list etc. touching

> near the right edge of an item triggers "move" action. Since I got used to
> scrolling items on the far right of the screen, I tend to mess things now ;)

I think after a short while you'll think, wow this is really easy and
fast, just touch and drag. That's how it was with me anyway.

You're probably right, but it'll definitely take me some time to get used to that ;)

How about moving the "drag section" from the far right to the far left instead? :) For me, right-handed, it is more natural to scroll on the right (this is what I do most often) and if needed - drag it on the left side.

> 3) bug (?): in the task edit window, some action's settings are marked as
> ??? (e.g. Wifi ???, not Wifi Off), but the task seems to work still as
> expected (screenshot will follow in a separate email),

Are you maybe in a non-English language ?

Nope, English version.

BR,
A.

TW

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 06:21:2519.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
> - in Scene - Element Image I can't enter a Variable as image which doesn't
> make it very flexible
You can set it with Element Image in the Scenes category, which will
take a variable I think.

in Scene - Element Image
Scene Name takes Variables
Element takes Varables
Image doesn't take Variable but only selectable images (Application Icons, Built-In Icon, Local Media, ...)

is it possible to also allow Variables here, would be very nice :)

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 07:06:2119.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
9) Minor layout issue: when a Variable Query window pops up, it is displayed properly. Then, when a soft keyboard appears and the text is entered, the whole dialog is moved a bit up, but the content of the dialog is moved more, resulting in cutting the dialog's caption (screenshots sent separately).

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 07:46:5819.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
10) force close (100% reproducible). In the built-in scene "Variable Query":
- edit,
- click the green "accept" button,
- click the "Tap" tab.

BR,
A.

V Oz

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 08:13:3419.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
all "Off"'s (Not "On"'s) in WiFi, Display, Keyguard etc. are "???"
all "0" (zeros) in Wait, Display Bright, LEDs etc. are "*"

That's after auto-import of my data. I've edit (just open action and save it) all my stuff and it's become OK.

about 7 issue - snapshots and test profiles in letter.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 08:38:0519.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

noticed a few things:
- with Profile Auto-Collapse Mania set to 0, Tasker doesn't remember if a Profile was open or closed
  it just opens all Profiles upon startup

In my case the auto-collapsing does not seem to work at all. Tried both the default value 4, then 6 and then 0. No matter what, I always end up with all profiles expanded (and I want them to be collapsed). Any hints? :)

BR,
A.

david.ja...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 08:53:4719.12.11
an Tasker
Actually it may well be working. I've set up a profile to log %SCREEN
%CELLID every 5 mins. %CELLID is updating when %SCREEN is off.

On Dec 19, 10:05 am, "david.james.br...@gmail.com"

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 09:49:4519.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
11) scenes: when editing a scene element, the line of tabs move up and down when switching between tabs ("Item tap" seem to trigger this),
12) scenes: resizing a scene is a bit akward and not very precise (i.e. dragging the scene with a finger) - can this be done using arrows?
13) Show Scene action: how about swapping up and down in the vertical slider?
14) Show Scene action layout: make the right/left/centre descriptions a field of a fixed length so that the bar does not change its length whenever switching from left to right etc.
15) Show Scene action: there should be a default option set for every scene that touching anywhere in the scene closes it - it's extremally easy to end up in a scene that overlays crucial parts of your desktop preventing you from getting rid of it. :) Or maybe additional option: by default hide scenes when Tasker is active.

BR,
A.

TW

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:03:4919.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
the Scenes Background color doesn't have an option to give the color code like the Elements do which makes it difficult to match the background of a Text Element with the background of a Scene
could and option for this be added to the Scenes Background?

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:06:2219.12.11
an Tasker
> 5) layout issue: I had a warning sign next to one of my tasks. Turn out
> this was a menu task and one of the icons was not accessible, but I was not
> able to see this in the menu dialog window until I switched to horizontal
> mode,

Do you mean in the action edit screen ? I couldn't reproduce that, it
appeared in both orientations.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:09:2219.12.11
an Tasker

> before deletion (of a profile/task) and in the task window actions just
> "disappear" ;)

You've got 'long-click' set to delete in your prefs I guess.

> - single click takes you to editing action/task directly (without popup
> window with actions available) - now it takes additional click to edit
> every single action,

Also a prefs thing. The default is as you suggest now.

> - long press shows a dialog, where all options, including delete are
> presented,

That's default now.

> - dragging an item to thrash can allows quick delete if needed.

Also possible (only in user-sort with the current beta, it's a bug).

> How about moving the "drag section" from the far right to the far left
> instead? :) For me, right-handed, it is more natural to scroll on the right
> (this is what I do most often) and if needed - drag it on the left side.

Will wait for complaints for others on that, seems fine to me.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:11:4619.12.11
an Tasker

Urk, yes, somewhere deep down I knew that was going to happen but it's
didn't make enough noise.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:13:1519.12.11
an Tasker

> all "Off"'s (Not "On"'s) in WiFi, Display, Keyguard etc. are "???"
> all "0" (zeros) in Wait, Display Bright, LEDs etc. are "*"
>
> That's after auto-import of my data. I've edit (just open action and save
> it) all my stuff and it's become OK.

OK, I'll try it with import from old, thanks.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:13:3719.12.11
an Tasker
> the default value 4, then 6 and then 0. No matter what, I always end up
> with all profiles expanded (and I want them to be collapsed). Any hints? :)

Fixed next version.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:13:5819.12.11
an Tasker
> Actually it may well be working. I've set up a profile to log %SCREEN
> %CELLID every 5 mins. %CELLID is updating when %SCREEN is off.

With or without the wakeup preference ?

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:18:5019.12.11
an Tasker
> 12) scenes: resizing a scene is a bit akward and not very precise (i.e.
> dragging the scene with a finger) - can this be done using arrows?

Hmm.

> 13) Show Scene action: how about swapping up and down in the vertical
> slider?

Both of them being full at the left meaning the scene is shown in
bottom left doesn't seem right to me.

> 15) Show Scene action: there should be a default option set for every scene
> that touching anywhere in the scene closes it - it's extremally easy to end
> up in a scene that overlays crucial parts of your desktop preventing you
> from getting rid of it. :) Or maybe additional option: by default hide
> scenes when Tasker is active.

I think I like that second one most.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:20:5719.12.11
an Tasker

I put it in the new growing-fast Scenes section of the todo list :-)

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:43:2119.12.11
an Tasker
b3 is up.

Not everything reported has been addressed I wanted to get the big
show-stoppers fixed first.

Notably, Calendar stuff should work on ICS now too.

Pent

david.ja...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:45:4719.12.11
an Tasker
Sorry without, i've not got round to testing with wakeup as i don't
want to drain the battery unnecessarily.

I'm not sure why my profile this morning didn't switch off.
Background:
I have a profile where the lock screen is disabled when i'm at home -
i.e. using Cell Near.

I walked 10 mins down the street, switched the screen on and the phone
was not locked. I then immediately switched the screen off, then on.
It was then locked.

Thanks

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 11:56:4419.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

> 13) Show Scene action: how about swapping up and down in the vertical
> slider?

Both of them being full at the left meaning the scene is shown in
bottom left doesn't seem right to me.

Why? :) It's a resemblance of Cartesian system, with x/y-axis. You start from 0,0 (bottom left) and increasing values end up in top right :)

> 15) Show Scene action: there should be a default option set for every scene
> that touching anywhere in the scene closes it - it's extremally easy to end
> up in a scene that overlays crucial parts of your desktop preventing you
> from getting rid of it. :) Or maybe additional option: by default hide
> scenes when Tasker is active.

I think I like that second one most.

It's better than nothing, but will help only if someone has already Tasker's in the recent items - but not like me when I called the Show Scene action from the desktop widget (that calls Query Action) ;-)

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 12:02:3419.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
You're right, not an issue for all of the items - I just hasn't changed that prefs for months.

As for dragging: I will live with the current implementation if I have to but I'd prefer to have it on the left side of the screen (maybe an option..? :>)

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 12:16:0919.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
It's there, but it's not visible - the only hint is that the trash icon is moved to the left. Screenshots sent.

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 12:19:0919.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
> That's after auto-import of my data. I've edit (just open action and save
> it) all my stuff and it's become OK.

OK, I'll try it with import from old, thanks.

Still happens on b3 (I rolled back the 1.1.2 data and started 1.2 again).

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 12:25:3219.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com

> 12) scenes: resizing a scene is a bit akward and not very precise (i.e.
> dragging the scene with a finger) - can this be done using arrows?

Hmm.

Or maybe an option to give the scene size numerically..? :)

BR,
A.

Pent

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 13:48:1319.12.11
an Tasker
> > Still happens on b3 (I rolled back the 1.1.2 data and started 1.2 again).

Didn't look at that one yet. I'm a bit time-short with Christmas and
all :-)

Pent

kecinzer

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 14:23:5119.12.11
an Tasker
Hello Pent.
I have strange problem with "cell near" context.
I found this problem before I bought my new Galaxy Nexus on my old
phone Nexus S (so it isn't ICS related).

I have some profile, that have "cell near" context, it doesn't start
even if I turn on a unlock phone. But what is weird, if I'm in that
profile, and go outside "cell near" location, profile automaticaly
turn off even with screen turn off!

I tried turn on "Net/Cell Wakeup", but it didn't help.

I think, that this behaviour must do some of previus update.

Can you please look at it?

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 14:50:5119.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
That's fine, I've just thought you mentioned somewhere it's fixed next version, but I guess I mixed issues :)

A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
19.12.2011, 17:04:2719.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
16) a Popup Task Icons widget has not been migrated properly either. It shows a 3-icon grid but without icons (it reacts properly to taps). When viewing the action menu, it shows icons properly in each position. I tried modifying the scene but actually I dont understand at the moment at all how it works (how does it know where to put multiple elements etc.)
17) related to above: it seems that a newly created scene can be picked in a task but it will not work (e.g. by testing a task) until leaving Tasker and applying settings,
18) related to above: when playing with a scene, at some point I ended up with a tab Item List, showing (1). However, the window was empty. Only after pressing the plus key, the new item popped up along with the existing one (Flash "Example"). This situation reproduced with larger number of items as well.

BR,
A.

V Oz

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 01:39:4420.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
I agree with BossMan - a little. My experience: I found the drag area by sequential tapping and dragging every little area on items. Especially with actions in task!
Suggestion: place little icon "two up/down arrows" (like "play"). Make it configurable which side should it be there.

Wojtek

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 01:41:1020.12.11
an Tasker
Thanks for the version 3 update to beta Pent, I can now access the
beta version and have started to test it out. From first impressions:
very nice work Pent.

First problem I noticed is that it did not import my previous Profiles
and Tasks from Tasker 1.1u2 completely and some settings values came
across as ??? or *. For example,
Action: Notification volume = * (should be 0)
Action: Vibrate on notify = ??? (should be off)
Action: Wait: * Hours * Minutes 5 Seconds
Action: Music Play Start = * (should be 0).

I had to manually go through all my profiles and tasks to rectify the
actions so that they no longer showed either ??? or *.
In doing so, I identified the following bugs:

1. Flash was popping up regularly from tasker with error: Code 3:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Infinity.

2. Menu task action: Layout, Icon Grid Menu are not showing icons,
they are all coming across as empty boxes.

3. Long press task action deletes the action without a prompt to
confirm if I wish to delete this.

4. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is too small and text is
too small also. If there is too much text in the box, the text is cut
off the bottom of the box and not autoresized like in previous
versions of Tasker. Need a fit box to text option to be brought back
to fit text quantity and size.

5. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is not being cleared off
by tapping popup or anywhere in screen. Popup box is only cleared when
hardware back button is tapped.

6. Scenes: When editing popup box >> text box, Tap tab text is green.
When tap tab is clicked, tasker force closes.

7. Scenes: Unable to resize existing default scenes, i.e. Popup box is
250 x 200. Unable to make this bigger.

8. Scenes: Need popup autosize to text option.

On a positive note, here are some things I like about the changes :-)
1. Grouping of if commands in a task
2. Traffic lights style if qualification of task actions
3. popup reviews from within task action properties
4. Editing of Perform Task from within task action properties (i.e.
multi level task editing)
5. Faster and more responsive Tasker system.

Thank you for all your hard work so far Pent! :-)

Stefan Sarzio

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:28:0520.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pent!

Thanks, great work!

Happy holidays,
Stefan

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:36:4620.12.11
an Tasker
> I have strange problem with "cell near" context.
> I found this problem before I bought my new Galaxy Nexus on my old
> phone Nexus S (so it isn't ICS related).

Sorry, could you start a new topic for this ? The thread is already
crowded enough with beta-specific issues.

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:42:3320.12.11
an Tasker
> 16) a Popup Task Icons widget has not been migrated properly either. It >shows a 3-icon grid but without icons (it reacts properly to taps). When >viewing the action menu, it shows icons properly in each position.

Nothing in the log ? What's the source of the icons ?

> I dont understand at the moment at all how it works (how does it know >where to put multiple elements etc.)

A normal Menu elelement just fills the items from top left in the
space you've given it. A Menu action picks an element and scene size
depending on how many items you've setup.

> 17) related to above: it seems that a newly created scene can be picked in a task but it will not work (e.g. by testing a task) until leaving Tasker and applying settings,

True, it's not easy to get around that. It's the same when e.g. your
tested task has a Perform Task pointing to a newly created task. Until
you've saved the data, the execute service doesn't know about anything
new except the task it receives.

> 18) related to above: when playing with a scene, at some point I ended up with a tab Item List, showing (1). However, the window was empty. Only after pressing the plus key, the new item popped up along with the existing one (Flash "Example"). This situation reproduced with larger number of items as well.

Any idea when that occurs ? And how is it related to 17 ?

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:43:2720.12.11
an Tasker
> Suggestion: place little icon "two up/down arrows" (like "play"). Make it
> configurable which side should it be there.

I'll put it on todo, but it's not trivial to switch the side of the
drag.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:51:4920.12.11
an Tasker
> 1. Flash was popping up regularly from tasker with error: Code 3:
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: Infinity.

Could you send me a system log afterwards ?

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/faq-how.html#x

> 2. Menu task action: Layout, Icon Grid Menu are not showing icons,
> they are all coming across as empty boxes.

Ah, Adam mentioned that. Are they showing up OK in the Menu action
edit screen ? Are they Ipack icons, or ?

> 3. Long press task action deletes the action without a prompt to
> confirm if I wish to delete this.

You can change the controls with Menu / Prefs / UI / Long Click
Action. Maybe
we need a new pref for deleting actions confirmation however.

> 4. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is too small and text is
> too small also.

Go to the Scenes tab, click on Popup, make it bigger or reduce the
text size.

> If there is too much text in the box, the text is cut
> off the bottom of the box and not autoresized

Autoresized ?? Was it not scrollable ?

> 5. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is not being cleared off
> by tapping popup or anywhere in screen. Popup box is only cleared when
> hardware back button is tapped.

You can tap the text. I agree you should be able to tap anywhere in
the box.

> 7. Scenes: Unable to resize existing default scenes, i.e. Popup box is
> 250 x 200. Unable to make this bigger.

Why not ? In the scene editor click the magnifying glass and drag the
edges of the scene. More info in Menu / Help This Screen.

Thanks for your input!

Pent

V Oz

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:51:5620.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok. don't switch it. Just mark area. Let it say "Drag me!" :) TODO

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:52:3520.12.11
an Tasker
> Thanks, great work!

You're welcome Stefan, always good to see you around.

Froeliche Weinachten!

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 04:54:0820.12.11
an Tasker
> Ok. don't switch it. Just mark area. Let it say "Drag me!" :) TODO

Good idea (until the first drag).

Pent

BossMan

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 05:25:5120.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
> 16) a Popup Task Icons widget has not been migrated properly either. It >shows a 3-icon grid but without icons (it reacts properly to taps). When >viewing the action menu, it shows icons properly in each position.

Nothing in the log ? What's the source of the icons ?

I can't remember where the icons came from, but nevertheless they do display correctly when viewing the menu action. I have just sent you a log file and a screenshot (the popup looks exactly like the layout preview in the action dialog).

> I dont understand at the moment at all how it works (how does it know >where to put multiple elements etc.)

A normal Menu elelement just fills the items from top left in the
space you've given it. A Menu action picks an element and scene size
depending on how many items you've setup.

I will have to digest this information, and probably all other scene-related :)

> 18) related to above: when playing with a scene, at some point I ended up with a tab Item List, showing (1). However, the window was empty. Only after pressing the plus key, the new item popped up along with the existing one (Flash "Example"). This situation reproduced with larger number of items as well.

Any idea when that occurs ? And how is it related to 17 ?

The "related to above" probably was not very fortunate - I meant "related to playing with scenes" ;) Basically, what I did was I cloned the IconGridMenu and tried to modify it a bit. At some point, the "item list" tab appeared and now it's there. I have sent you screenshots and a log file.

BR,
A.

BossMan

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 05:41:0120.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
19) minor layout/display glitch - in one of my tasks I noticed the filling color of one of rows showing action shrinks displaying background. If I scroll a bit (and make that action invisible), the whole row is filled again with the proper color. It's hard to explain in words, so have a look at screenshots I sent you :)

20) when resizing a scene, the scene is resized even if you do not drag its edges - it's enough to keep the finger inside the scene area, somewhere between the middle spot and the edge - the scene the automatically shrinks to your finger. I think it's rather bug than a feature, right?

21) variables & new project: I have created new project and moved three profiles there. I've noticed that some of my variables appeared in that new project - however, they're completely not related to the profiles moved there (actually, they do not use any variables).

22) variables - it seems that clicking on variables' names gives no effect (I have "edit" chosen as a default tap action) - only the variable name is highlighted. If I click somewhere in between, then the "variable value" popup appears.

BR,
A.

Wojtek

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 06:13:3920.12.11
an Tasker

On Dec 20, 7:51 pm, Pent <supp...@apps.dinglisch.net> wrote:
> > 1. Flash was popping up regularly from tasker with error: Code 3:
> > java.lang.NumberFormatException: Infinity.
>
> Could you send me a system log afterwards ?

Sorry, I sent it to you by email.

> http://tasker.dinglisch.net/faq-how.html#x
>
> > 2. Menu task action: Layout, Icon Grid Menu are not showing icons,
> > they are all coming across as empty boxes.
>
> Ah, Adam mentioned that. Are they showing up OK in the Menu action
> edit screen ? Are they Ipack icons, or ?

No, most icons are the built-in icons from Tasker 1.1u2

> > 3. Long press task action deletes the action without a prompt to
> > confirm if I wish to delete this.
>
> You can change the controls with Menu / Prefs / UI / Long Click
> Action. Maybe
> we need a new pref for deleting actions confirmation however.

Thanks. A Delete confirmation dialog would help also. :-)

> > 4. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is too small and text is
> > too small also.
>
> Go to the Scenes tab, click on Popup, make it bigger or reduce the
> text size.
>
> > If there is too much text in the box, the text is cut
> > off the bottom of the box and not autoresized
>
> Autoresized ?? Was it not scrollable ?

Did not experience scrollable although did not try in this instance.
Would prefer an option to select text size and dialog/popup box
autoresizes to suit the text, just like Tasker 1.1u2.

> > 5. Pop up box (from Action: Alert >> Popup) is not being cleared off
> > by tapping popup or anywhere in screen. Popup box is only cleared when
> > hardware back button is tapped.
>
> You can tap the text. I agree you should be able to tap anywhere in
> the box.

Thanks, yes, tapping the text worked.

> > 7. Scenes: Unable to resize existing default scenes, i.e. Popup box is
> > 250 x 200. Unable to make this bigger.
>
> Why not ? In the scene editor click the magnifying glass and drag the
> edges of the scene. More info in Menu / Help This Screen.

Yes, it did work after fiddling around a bit, however doing so is a
bit fiddly. Would prefer the old popup resize to text content method
from the old Tasker as an option. :-)

> Thanks for your input!
>
> Pent

No probs, happy to take part in the testing! :-)

V Oz

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 07:51:0020.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm never thought that I'm so blind. Now I see the line of little bit another color that divides Action line on two areas.
It should be more contrast to be visible and understandable. Or it adjustable in preferences-> UI-> Skin-> some color?

V Oz

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 08:17:4120.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
The priority of Tasks in Scene's Events should not be 10. 9 - is better, because if I call Action "perform task" even with  priority = 10 from event task, then my task will be regular without chance to run faster then event task.

V Oz

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 08:19:2120.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
please, lock thread and make new part - it's too large to refresh.

Kevin Taylor

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 08:28:3320.12.11
an tas...@googlegroups.com
Variable Query gives java RuntimeException

Version 1.2b3m on an HTC Desire S, Android version 2.3.5

I've sent a full log, but the immediate precursor is below.
Does anyone else get this error with Variable Query?

20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: exe: QueryShow / Variable Query [ Title: Variable:%RemindText Input Type:Normal Text Default: Background Image: Layout:Variable Query Timeout (Seconds):40 ]
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: condition matched
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: switch on ac 595
20-12-2011 TD: 13.07.11#TD: data: getStatic: Active load: true
20-12-2011 Scene: 13.07.11#Scene: deepCopy: Variable Query
20-12-2011 TD: 13.07.11#TD: data: getStatic: Active load: true
20-12-2011 M: 13.07.11#M: pi: time since last process end: 120, new qcpt: 153
20-12-2011 M: 13.07.11#M: process inbox, size 0 startID: -1
20-12-2011 M: 13.07.11#M:   extra: eventType: 9997
20-12-2011 M: 13.07.11#M:   extra: cls:
20-12-2011 M: 13.07.11#M: this item ptime: 5 qcpt now 158
20-12-2011 Scene: 13.07.11#Scene: create element displays, flags: 48
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: error: code 3: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare().
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: error: prefsException/Variable Query: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.os.Handler.<init>(Handler.java:121)
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.view.GestureDetector$GestureHandler.<init>(GestureDetector.java:255)
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.view.GestureDetector.<init>(GestureDetector.java:375)
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.view.GestureDetector.<init>(GestureDetector.java:352)
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.view.GestureDetector.<init>(GestureDetector.java:336)
20-12-2011 : 13.07.11#: error: android.widget.TextView.<init>(TextView.java:1017)
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: result: stop task (error)
20-12-2011 E: 13.07.11#E: remove finished task from q: QueryShow

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 09:57:2320.12.11
an Tasker
> I can't remember where the icons came from, but nevertheless they do
> display correctly when viewing the menu action. I have just sent you a log
> file and a screenshot (the popup looks exactly like the layout preview in
> the action dialog).

Thanks for the screeny, I could reproduce it.

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 10:05:5520.12.11
an Tasker
> please, lock thread and make new part - it's too large to refresh.

Yes, well, I sure have enough problems to fix for now :-)

I'm going to close this one and will start a new thread for the next
beta in some days.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Pent

Pent

ungelesen,
20.12.2011, 10:09:1020.12.11
an Tasker
In fact, it might be after Christmas, I need some time to buy presents
too :-)

Pent

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
Diese Unterhaltung ist gesperrt
An gesperrte Konversationen können keine Antworten gesendet werden. Auch andere Aktionen sind nicht möglich.
0 neue Nachrichten