#Yahoo blocking "Occupy Wall Street" messages

6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09

Sep 21, 2011, 9:59:36 AM9/21/11

http://readersupportednews.org/off-site-news-section/68-68/7517-yahoo-
admits-to-blocking-wall-street-protest-emails

ThinkProgress tried other protest websites, like
AmericansforProsperity.org and TeaPartyPatriots.org, and both messages
were sent smoothly. However, emails relating to the OccupyWallSt.org
protest were blocked with the following message (emphasis added):

Your message was not sent
Suspicious activity has been detected on your account. To protect
your account and our users, your message has not been sent.
If this error continues, please contact Yahoo! Customer Care for
further help.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

ThinkProgress has sent a request for more information to Yahoo, and will
post any reply once we have received it with Yahoo’s explanation for its
apparent censorship.

It’s not the first time Yahoo has been accused of political censorship.
Yahoo officially partners with the repressive Chinese regime to provide
the government with access to emails related to groups viewed as
dissidents. An explosive investigation by Der Spiegel found that Yahoo
provided Chinese authorities with access to emails from journalists, and
the snooping resulted in the same journalists being sent to prison camps.

The Occupy Wall Street protests have continued, but if you own a Yahoo e-
mail account, you might not know about it.

Update

We’re continuing to monitor Yahoo’s mail service and have now been able
to send messages containing the phrase “Occupy Wall Street” and its
website on some Yahoo accounts. On other accounts, however, Yahoo is
still blocking the messages.
Update

Yahoo’s customer care Twitter account acknowledges blocking the emails,
but says it was an unintentional error:

“We apologize 4 blocking ‘occupywallst.org’ It was not intentional &
caught by our spam filters. It is resolved, but may be a residual delay.”

Yahoo’s main Twitter account adds:

“Thanks to @YahooMail users & @ThinkProgress for catching problem w/
#Occupywallst.org mail. Prob is fixed, but there may be residual delays.”

--
"We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of
Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise

Linnea M. Palmer Paton

Sep 21, 2011, 11:48:54 PM9/21/11
Two people I know who have been tweeting and blogging about occupy
wall street are now being asked by google (running on Firefox) to
prove they're not robots each time they open a new tab. This doesn't
seem normal....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Linnea

On Sep 21, 9:59 am, "6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09" <d...@gone.com>

Foxtrot

Sep 22, 2011, 12:07:27 AM9/22/11
"6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09" <de...@gone.com> wrote:

>http://readersupportednews.org/off-site-news-section/68-68/7517-yahoo-admits-to-blocking-wall-street-protest-emails
>

>ThinkProgress tried other protest websites, like
>AmericansforProsperity.org and TeaPartyPatriots.org, and both messages
>were sent smoothly. However, emails relating to the OccupyWallSt.org
>protest were blocked with the following message (emphasis added):
>
> Your message was not sent
> Suspicious activity has been detected on your account. To protect
>your account and our users, your message has not been sent.
> If this error continues, please contact Yahoo! Customer Care for
>further help.
> We apologize for the inconvenience.
>
>ThinkProgress has sent a request for more information to Yahoo, and will
>post any reply once we have received it with Yahoo’s explanation for its
>apparent censorship.

Do you boobs seriously think you're important enough for Yahoo to
bother censoring you? No human decided to do this. Some script
somewhere decided your email was malware or malware was traced to
your site.

>It’s not the first time Yahoo has been accused of political censorship.
>Yahoo officially partners with the repressive Chinese regime to provide
>the government with access to emails related to groups viewed as
>dissidents. An explosive investigation by Der Spiegel found that Yahoo
>provided Chinese authorities with access to emails from journalists, and
>the snooping resulted in the same journalists being sent to prison camps.

You left wing brats are oppressed political martyrs?? You're just like the
man carrying groceries who blocked the tank column in Tiananmen
Square in 1989, aren't you? LOL

> “We apologize 4 blocking ‘occupywallst.org’ It was not intentional &
>caught by our spam filters. It is resolved, but may be a residual delay.”

Told you it was a script.

pyjamarama

Sep 22, 2011, 12:20:05 AM9/22/11
On Sep 21, 9:59 am, "6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09" <d...@gone.com>
wrote:
Yahoo is not obligated in any way to abet left-wing violence against
persons and property...

Especially in light of the 'progressive' protests in Palm Desert a few
months ago in which racist, sociopathic left-wingers called for a
sitting Supreme Court Justice to be 'lynched' and 'enslaved'...

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/video-shows-progressive-protesters-calling-for-lynching-of-clarence-thomas

And since they're not an agent of government any claim of 'censorship'
is ridiculous and ignorant.

Next?

6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09

Sep 22, 2011, 1:12:24 AM9/22/11
Any evidence that anything of the sort was going on.

I -love- how you belly crawlers will support any type of tyranny,
provided it's privatized.

> Especially in light of the 'progressive' protests in Palm Desert a few
> months ago in which racist, sociopathic left-wingers called for a
> sitting Supreme Court Justice to be 'lynched' and 'enslaved'...
>
> http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/video-shows-progressive-
protesters-calling-for-lynching-of-clarence-thomas

> And since they're not an agent of government any claim of 'censorship'
> is ridiculous and ignorant.
>
> Next?

Foxtrot

Sep 22, 2011, 1:35:01 AM9/22/11
"6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09" <de...@gone.com> wrote:

>pyjamarama wrote:
>> Yahoo is not obligated in any way to abet left-wing violence against
>> persons and property...
>
>Any evidence that anything of the sort was going on.
>
>I -love- how you belly crawlers will support any type of tyranny,
>provided it's privatized.

WTF? Privatized tyranny??!? Yahoo owes you *nothing*. If you don't
like how they do business, file antitrust charges against them or use
your own crappy websites like moveon.org.

This is the same way you spoiled brats behave with radio. Nobody
wants to listen to Air America so you feel entitled to force yourselves
on channels who have real audiences.

pyjamarama

Sep 22, 2011, 10:38:06 AM9/22/11
On Sep 22, 1:35 am, Foxtrot <foxt...@null.com> wrote:
Apparently Zepp and his fellow parasites now think even the private
sector owes them entitlements...

The next thing you know they'll be demanding that privately held
mortgage companies should let them live for free in foreclosed
houses...

Oh, wait....

6244 Dead, 1387 since 1/20/09

Sep 22, 2011, 11:43:53 AM9/22/11
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:38:06 -0700, pyjamarama wrote:

> On Sep 22, 1:35 am, Foxtrot <foxt...@null.com> wrote:

>> >Any evidence that anything of the sort was going on.
>>
>> >I -love- how you belly crawlers will support any type of tyranny,
>> >provided it's privatized.
>>
>> WTF? Privatized tyranny??!? Yahoo owes you *nothing*. If you don't like
>> how they do business, file antitrust charges against them or use your
>> own crappy websites like moveon.org.
>>
>> This is the same way you spoiled brats behave with radio. Nobody wants
>> to listen to Air America so you feel entitled to force yourselves on
>> channels who have real audiences.
>
> Apparently Zepp and his fellow parasites now think even the private
> sector owes them entitlements...

Oh, look, the little class warrior is here to crawl on his belly and bark
at us for his rich masters...

> The next thing you know they'll be demanding that privately held
> mortgage companies should let them live for free in foreclosed houses...

And then spout silly nonsense to try and get his masters off the hook for
wrecking the economy.

Remember when you used to be an American, bubbles?

> Oh, wait....

Phlip

Sep 22, 2011, 1:45:34 PM9/22/11
> WTF? Privatized tyranny??!? Yahoo owes you *nothing*.

If that were true, they would obey the Free Market, and provide the
service their customers need.

...Instead of taking bribes to censor speech someone rich doesn't
like...

Steve

Sep 22, 2011, 4:03:06 PM9/22/11
Porky Jamieson is real upset about being permanently denied US
citizenship..

An alien who requests and is exempt under an agreement or
bilateral treaty can never become a U.S. citizen, and may
have trouble reentering the U.S. if he leaves.
http://www.sss.gov/fsaliens.htm