OT - Speed Cameras

Too_Many_Tools

Mar 27, 2011, 10:17:02 PM3/27/11
Your opinion...good or bad?

TMT

I-95 cameras snap speeders, spark controversy
AP - Sun Mar 27th, 2011 2:52 PM EDT

RIDGELAND, S.C. - As Interstate 95 sweeps past this small town along
South Carolina's coastal plain, motorists encounter cameras that catch
speeding cars, the only such devices on the open interstate for almost
2,000 miles from Canada to Miami.

The cameras have nabbed thousands of motorists, won accolades from
highway safety advocates, attracted heated opposition from state
lawmakers and sparked a federal court challenge.

Ridgeland Mayor Gary Hodges said the cameras in his town about 20
miles north of the Georgia line do what they are designed to do: slow
people down, reduce accidents and, most importantly, save lives.

But lawmakers who want to unplug them argue the system is just a money-
maker and amounts to unconstitutional selective law enforcement.

"We're absolutely shutting it down," said state Sen. Larry Grooms,
chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee.

Earlier this month, Ridgeland Police Officer David Swinehamer sat in a
van beneath an overpass as a radar gun in a thicket of electronic
equipment outside clocked passing vehicles: 60, 72, 73, 67.

Then a Mercedes with South Carolina tags sped by going 83 — 13 mph
over the speed limit. A camera fired and pictures of the tag and
driver appeared on a monitor in the van. The unaware motorist
continued north, but could expect a $133 ticket in the mail in a
couple of weeks.

"I just don't think it's right," said James Gain of Kissimmee, Fla.,
one of the lawsuit plaintiffs who got a ticket last year while driving
between his home and Greensboro, N.C. "If you get a ticket you should
be stopped by an officer, know you have been stopped and have an
opportunity to state your case."

Gain paid the fine, saying it was less expensive than driving six
hours back to Ridgeland for court.

Motorists do get a warning. As they enter town, a blue and white sign
says they are entering an area with "Photo-Radar Assisted Speed
Enforcement."

Speed cameras are used in 14 states and the District of Columbia,
according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The only
other place with a camera on I-95 is in a Maryland work zone.

The cameras have sparked controversy in other places around the nation
as well.

Last year, Arizona ended a two-year program with cameras on Phoenix-
area expressways and other roads, in part because of perceptions they
were being used to raise revenue.

But Cedar Rapids, Iowa, began using cameras last summer on busy I-380.
Police there said during the first month of operation, violations
dropped 62 percent.

Hodges said since Ridgeland, working with iTraffic Safety, became the
first community in South Carolina to deploy cameras in August,
motorists are also driving slower along the 7 miles of I-95 passing
through the town limits.

From January to July of 2010, there were 55 crashes and four
fatalities. From August through the end of last month, there were 38
crashes and no deaths. And since the cameras started operating until
last month, there has been almost a 50 percent drop in the number of
motorists driving 81 or more.

"You can't argue with the results and the only reason you would be
upset is because you are speeding," said Tom Crosby, a spokesman for
AAA Carolinas. "All it's doing is enforcing the law and even then you
have to be doing over 80 to get a ticket."

Police use driver's license photos or physical descriptions from
licenses such as a driver's hair, eye color and weight to identify the
motorist. No ticket is issued if there is any question about the
driver's identity.

Grooms, the legislator, said since not all speeders are ticketed, it's
selective enforcement. He added that while the system may issue a
ticket, it doesn't get violators off the road.

"You are driving down the road at 100 mph or you are driving down the
road drunk. The camera takes your picture and three weeks later you
get a ticket in the mail. There is no element of public safety," he
said.

Grooms said the cameras are only a money-maker for the town. Hodges
discounts that, saying the town just wants to recover the cost of
police and ambulance service for millions of motorists passing
through. Two-thirds of ticket money goes to the state, he said.

The town has about $20,000 invested in the van. The contractor,
iTraffic Safety, pays the other costs in return for a share of ticket
revenue.

While state law prohibits issuing tickets solely on photographic
evidence, the mayor said that doesn't apply in Ridgeland because an
officer is also there to see the speeder from the van.

But the state Senate, in a 40-0 vote, recently gave approval to
changing that and banning speeding tickets from photographs whether
the camera is attended or not. The law would also require tickets to
be handed directly to a motorist.

The federal lawsuit contends it's unconstitutional to send motorists
tickets by mail and to addresses outside town limits.

Ridgeland is one of almost 90 jurisdictions nationwide using cameras
to nab speeders and "to our knowledge, every single one of them mails
the tickets," Hodges said.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration calls speed cameras
"a very effective countermeasure" to crashes but said they should
supplement, not replace, officers patrolling. Ridgeland still uses
officers on the interstate.

Hodges is not surprised by opposition to the cameras, particularly
with South Carolina's history of motorists' rights. South Carolina was
one of the last states to enact a .08 blood-alcohol level for drunken
driving and took a long time to pass a primary seatbelt law.

"We went through similar things when breathalyzers came out. We went
through similar things when radar guns came out," Hodges said. "It's
the same type of mentality."

dca...@krl.org

Mar 27, 2011, 10:22:06 PM3/27/11
On Mar 27, 10:17 pm, Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your opinion...good or bad?
>
> TMT

Yep that is my opinion. Good or Bad.

Nancy Kotalik

Mar 27, 2011, 10:30:00 PM3/27/11

We have them here in Cedar Rapids Iowa on I-380 through down town
sections. Their long term plan is to record vehicles entering the
town, and measure total time to transit through the town. This also
will validate the vehicles owner has a valid drivers license and no
outstanding warrants.
Personally I don't have a problem with this, as in the past year of
their installation accidents have decreased. Heck I would not have a
problem of a US ID card, that must be presented to purchase fuel for
your vehicle, this would prevent non citizens of living here using a
vehicle for transit, would also cover bus, train, transit. Also if you
don't have 3rd party income receipts, would track illegal drug
trafficking. I do not fear big brother if my hands are clean. And if
it gets rid of the rif-raf that does not support the system as I do.
ignator

Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

Mar 27, 2011, 11:35:07 PM3/27/11
Speeders are super-violent criminals who kill thousands of innocent
americans every year. I love to see them pay and i love to see them
howl about paying. I don't believe in coddling killers.

First Post

Mar 27, 2011, 11:38:27 PM3/27/11

Existential Angst

Mar 28, 2011, 12:09:07 AM3/28/11
<bet...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Speeders are super-violent criminals who kill thousands of innocent
> americans every year. I love to see them pay and i love to see them
> howl about paying. I don't believe in coddling killers.

Get a fukn life..... and a brain....
--
EA

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 1:01:05 AM3/28/11
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:30:00 -0700, Nancy Kotalik <nkot...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'll mark you down in favor of further trashing the 4th Amendment, in yet
another fruitless search for absolute security.

Did you vote for George Walker Bush too?

--
Regards, Curly
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to

Shall not be infringed

Mar 28, 2011, 6:46:52 AM3/28/11
On Mar 27, 10:17 pm, Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your opinion...good or bad?
>
> TMT
>
> I-95 cameras snap speeders, spark controversy
> AP - Sun Mar 27th, 2011 2:52 PM EDT
>
> RIDGELAND, S.C. - As Interstate 95 sweeps past this small town along
> South Carolina's coastal plain, motorists encounter cameras that catch
> speeding cars, the only such devices on the open interstate for almost
> 2,000 miles from Canada to Miami.
>
> The cameras have nabbed thousands of motorists, won accolades from
> highway safety advocates, attracted heated opposition from state
> lawmakers and sparked a federal court challenge.
>
> Ridgeland Mayor Gary Hodges said the cameras in his town about 20
> miles north of the Georgia line do what they are designed to do: slow
> people down, reduce accidents and, most importantly, save lives.

With three wars going on we should be saving gas and rubber. Slowing
down to do only the speed limit is patriotic.

Dave__67

Mar 28, 2011, 8:04:22 AM3/28/11

You are my enemy, and the enemy of all that desire to be free.

Dave

RatPartyOfNo

Mar 28, 2011, 8:42:53 AM3/28/11

see how the libs are against obeying the law.

John-A

Mar 28, 2011, 10:51:07 AM3/28/11
>>> But Cedar Rapids, Iowa, began using cameras last summer on busy I-380.
>>> Police there said during the first month of operation, violations
>>> dropped 62 percent.

I am glad that I never drive in Cedar Rapids!

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 11:35:06 AM3/28/11
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:04:22 -0700, Dave__67 <spamT...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

"Fear" is the big motivator. Cedar Rapids is a god-fearing town in a god-
fearing state. "Fear" got us into Iraq. Fear caused Bush to torture
people in the name of "liberty and freedom". Fear of different cultures
pushes god-fearing christians to commit atrocities. Christers willingly
give up liberty and freedom looking for the impossible goal of absolute
security.

Their fear gnaws at our freedom and shits upon the Constitution.

RatPartyOfNo

Mar 28, 2011, 12:21:33 PM3/28/11

seems you fear getting caught.
why?

Jim Wilkins

Mar 28, 2011, 12:27:05 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 11:35 am, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:04:22 -0700, Dave__67 <spamTHIS...@yahoo.com>

Can you admit that some people may have a sense of personal
responsibility for their actions?

jsw

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 12:28:01 PM3/28/11

"Seems". Why use emotional arguments when the obvious is in front of you?

Bill of Rights, Fourth Amendment: "The right of the people to be secure
in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable
searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall
issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and
particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or
things to be seized."

By your own misguided style, why are you afraid of freedom?

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 12:31:13 PM3/28/11

I see your confusing, illiterate, posting. If it's a question then end
with a question mark, not a period. If it's a sentence *or* question
begin with an upper case letter.

More importantly, make sense. Whether that be a non sequitor or belch,
it's incomprehensible.

Which identifies you as a Bush supporter.

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 12:33:35 PM3/28/11

I'll do better than that, I'll state clearly that *all* people are
responsible for their actions.

Now, let's apply that to Constitutional violations. What penalty do you
propose for politicians and police which violate the Constitution?

Jim Wilkins

Mar 28, 2011, 12:56:33 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 12:33 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com>

Being a rational and prudent person, I discuss such matters politely
with my elected representatives or speak at hearings rather than
screaming out all my opinions on the Internet. Perhaps that's an
advantage of living in NH.

jsw

Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

Mar 28, 2011, 1:02:29 PM3/28/11
On Mar 27, 10:09 pm, "Existential Angst" <fit...@optonline.net> wrote:
> "Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals"<beta...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > Speeders are super-violent criminals who kill thousands of innocent
> > americans every year.  I love to see them pay and i love to see them
> > howl about paying.  I don't believe in coddling killers.
>
> Get a fukn life.....  and a brain....
> --

Do you enjoy being the board laughingstock.?

Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

Mar 28, 2011, 1:04:01 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 4:46 am, Shall not be infringed <hot-ham-and-

che...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> With three wars going on we should be saving gas and rubber.  Slowing
> down to do only the speed limit is patriotic.-

Absolutely, but the auto industry continues to pay for tv shows and
commercials that glorify speeding and other forms of reckless driving
and the brainwashed americans fall for it.

Car crashes mean car sales.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gray Ghost

Mar 28, 2011, 2:32:47 PM3/28/11
Nancy Kotalik <nkot...@gmail.com> wrote in news:930ce58b-dc2f-4d83-95f9-
4a0bec...@j13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Good little facist. Line up over here next to the rail cars. Don't mind the
piles of bodies, it's for your own good.

--
Herman Cain for President! http://hermancain.com/
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!

Remember Desert One, Carter 0? Ain't it sad to wish that Obama had as much
ambition but being glad he doesn't knowing he doesn't have THAT much
competence?

Peter Franks

Mar 28, 2011, 2:39:50 PM3/28/11

Unconstitutional.

Peter Franks

Mar 28, 2011, 2:41:22 PM3/28/11

Wrong.

We shouldn't be fighting 3 wars.

RatPartyOfNo

Mar 28, 2011, 3:41:52 PM3/28/11

see how the libs obfuscate when called out on not obeying the law.

Existential Angst

Mar 28, 2011, 4:15:39 PM3/28/11
"Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals"
<bet...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

And what, you mysteriously/magically took a clairvoyant poll?? Figgers.

You are but another impotent asshole in need of a nebulous cause. Looks
like you've found one -- speeders.

Just to enlighten your ignerint darkness, everything has its context,
including speeding, red lights, etc.
Building a 12 lane highway, and then mandating 55 mph -- with 350 hp cars no
less -- is a setup for speeding. A setup.

Huge intersections, with long lights and no traffic is a setup for jumping
the lite -- safely, I might add.
Most often, lites aren't even warranted. New Zealand proved this by
removing lites, and noting a precipitous drop in accidents.

Etc, etc.

Re speeding,
If the gummint really gave a flying fuck about us, the environment, safety,
or any of this other bullshit they ballyhoo about and mindfuck us with,
they'd be mandating 42 hp vehicles (like the old Beetle, which did just
fine), instead of hyper-tech cars with a carbon fukn footprint bigger than
proly 25 Beetles.

It's a scam, but you elect to further a contrived witch-hunt.

Now, doing 70 in a 25 mph sidestreet next to a school IS sociopathic
driving.
But doing 80 in a 50 when the road could easily sustain 120 mph is really no
infraction at all.
--
EA

Stormin Mormon

Mar 28, 2011, 5:55:38 PM3/28/11
Of course, the USA has its share of abuse of power, like the
no fly list. I saw a video which should still be on Youtube.
Two people named James Robinson were prohibited, though
neither ought to be on the list. One is a licensed pilot,
and the other a boy of about seven years old. I can easily
imagine a lot of problems with a "papers, please" society.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Zombywoof" <fish...@live.com> wrote in message

Papers Please -- I said show me zee papers Swinehund.
Everything does
not appear to be in order.
--

"Gustatus Similis Pullus"

Stormin Mormon

Mar 28, 2011, 5:57:03 PM3/28/11
Nancy sounds like she'd be a good fascist citizen. The
party, right or wrong.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gray Ghost" <grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com> wrote in
message

Nancy Kotalik <nkot...@gmail.com> wrote in
4a0bec...@j13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 6:46:55 PM3/28/11
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:56:33 -0700, Jim Wilkins <kb1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Can you admit that some people may have a sense of personal
>> > responsibility for their actions?
>>
>> I'll do better than that, I'll state clearly that *all* people are
>> responsible for their actions.
>>
>> Now, let's apply that to Constitutional violations.  What penalty do
>> you propose for politicians and police which violate the Constitution?
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Curly
>
> Being a rational and prudent person, I discuss such matters politely
> with my elected representatives or speak at hearings rather than
> screaming out all my opinions on the Internet. Perhaps that's an
> advantage of living in NH.

Yet here you are on usenet evading a response you requested. Somehow
your words don't encompass reality.

And I seriously doubt that you can have a discussion with your elected
representatives, if they are federal.

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 7:39:24 PM3/28/11

Funny, you supported Bush's wars...

Shall not be infringed

Mar 28, 2011, 7:39:47 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 2:15 pm, Zombywoof <fishwi...@live.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:46:52 -0700 (PDT), Shall not be infringed
> Don't forget to ration your fucking as well.

Why? Too many latex condoms?

Shall not be infringed

Mar 28, 2011, 7:41:20 PM3/28/11

But we are. So what are you going to do? Continue to speed and drive
dangerously?

Peter Franks

Mar 28, 2011, 7:43:20 PM3/28/11

Yes!

Shall not be infringed

Mar 28, 2011, 7:43:34 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 7:39 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:41:22 -0700, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:

> >> With three wars going on we should be saving gas and rubber.  Slowing
> >> down to do only the speed limit is patriotic.
>
> > Wrong.
>
> > We shouldn't be fighting 3 wars.
>
> Funny, you supported Bush's wars...

You supported War Crimes trials for Bush, but not Obama. He merely
carried on Bush's "illegal" wars.

But now that Obama has started his own "illegal" war you can only say,
"B b b but Bush!"

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 28, 2011, 8:20:16 PM3/28/11

"RatPartyOfNo" <oi...@ma.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]

You numbskull since there are no laws preventing non-citizens living in the
US from obtaining a drivers license and hence from driving or purchasing
fuel, or from riding on buses, trains, airplanes and so on for that matter
then the reality here is that the only place where he was "called out" is in
the fantasy world that exists only within your fucking paranoid schizo pea
brain.

Scout

Mar 28, 2011, 8:35:10 PM3/28/11

Which would make him an accessory to to the crime.

> But now that Obama has started his own "illegal" war you can only say,
> "B b b but Bush!"

Of course, everything is Bush's fault....

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 28, 2011, 9:05:00 PM3/28/11

If you go deep enough, yes, most can be attributed to Bush.

For instance the election of Barak Obama is a direct result of Bush.
Bush's presidency was so odious, so repugnant, that voters went to the
opposite extreme. Had Bush even been a mediocre, or merely terrible,
president Obama would never have been elected.

Republicans, by nominating a candidate running on the Bush platform,
elected Barak Obama in 2008.

Don't get me wrong, Barak Obama has his faults. This illegal military
action in Libya is just the most obvious and new. Obama doesn't hold a
candle to the crimes and deceit of George Walker Bush and those who
supported him.

That doesn't make Democrats right. That just makes Democrats slightly
less wrong than Bush. That either of you two gangs support either Bush
or Obama is proof that our nation is doomed.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ignator

Mar 28, 2011, 10:45:49 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 8:05 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:35:10 -0400, "Scout"

snip

> For instance the election of Barak Obama is a direct result of Bush.
> Bush's presidency was so odious, so repugnant, that voters went to the
> opposite extreme.  Had Bush even been a mediocre, or merely terrible,
> president Obama would never have been elected.

My take was that McCain was not of a theocratic sort that the
fundamental moron xtians would vote for (not hard over on abortion or
anti marriage for homo sexuals) , so they did not show up at all,
which allowed Obama to win, assuming this idiots should be allowed to
vote in the republican party. We do need a third party for these
sorts as they have ruined the republican party with their desire to
have the US practice government as a christian theocracy.
fred

Gray Ghost

Mar 28, 2011, 11:49:48 PM3/28/11
"Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in news:imr9er
$lmu$1...@dont-email.me:

Eleventh Law of Leftist Debate
It's Bush's fault.

Existential Angst

Mar 29, 2011, 10:11:30 AM3/29/11
"Shall not be infringed" <hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Mar 27, 10:17 pm, Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your opinion...good or bad?
>
> TMT
>
> I-95 cameras snap speeders, spark controversy
> AP - Sun Mar 27th, 2011 2:52 PM EDT
>
> RIDGELAND, S.C. - As Interstate 95 sweeps past this small town along
> South Carolina's coastal plain, motorists encounter cameras that catch
> speeding cars, the only such devices on the open interstate for almost
> 2,000 miles from Canada to Miami.
>
> The cameras have nabbed thousands of motorists, won accolades from
> highway safety advocates, attracted heated opposition from state
> lawmakers and sparked a federal court challenge.
>
> Ridgeland Mayor Gary Hodges said the cameras in his town about 20
> miles north of the Georgia line do what they are designed to do: slow
> people down, reduce accidents and, most importantly, save lives.

With three wars going on we should be saving gas and rubber. Slowing
down to do only the speed limit is patriotic.

And environmentally responsible....
BUT, the bigger point is the hypocrisy of our own gummint in not regulating
horsepower. Cars today make the venerable muscle cars of the 60s, 70s look
anemic. WTF????

15 hp -- or less -- is good for 60 mph. So the VW Beetle already had 3x
more hp than nec.
We don't seem to be happy unless we exceed that by 30 or 40.

While making uncontainable assholes like Jesse James and Paul Teutil pop
culture heroes and icons.
--
EA

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 1:17:14 PM3/29/11

Yes, that has a nice communistic/totalitarian ring to it, doesn't it...

> 15 hp -- or less -- is good for 60 mph. So the VW Beetle already had 3x
> more hp than nec.

Free market and choice. If you want a 15 hp car, have at it.

> We don't seem to be happy unless we exceed that by 30 or 40.

Some do; some don't. Are you advocating the elimination happiness and
choice?

Existential Angst

Mar 29, 2011, 1:28:33 PM3/29/11
"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

No, yer gumint has already advocated this, to its own ends. I'm very
unhappy about wearing my seat belt and wearing my motorcycle helmet, and
guess what, I got no choice.
Heh, more choice: I can get drunk as a skunk on ethanol, but I'll go to
jail for weed.
Etc.

You've seen Who killed the electric car, right?

Defending your gummint in any of these is like defending your wife's rapist.
--
EA

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 1:44:57 PM3/29/11

Funny -- you are the one defending government.

?!

Ned Pepper

Mar 29, 2011, 2:25:59 PM3/29/11
"Existential Angst" <fit...@optonline.net> wrote in

You should die.

--
I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Ned Pepper

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 29, 2011, 4:14:15 PM3/29/11

"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

No, it's only the bad choices that need to be eliminated.

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 4:48:06 PM3/29/11

Same thing.

Just curious, are you a totalitarian?

Existential Angst

Mar 29, 2011, 6:10:04 PM3/29/11
"Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

But not our corrupt kangaroo government.
--
EA

> ?!

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 29, 2011, 6:33:17 PM3/29/11

"Bad Choices". Decided by whom? Eliminated by whom?

When you make freedom conditional upon the judgment of third parties
there is no real freedom or liberty.

Someday people will learn that punishing people for thought crime simply
doesn't work and destroys all America was built upon. Punish actions,
not perceived intent.

Speed limits are a poor attempt to enforce safe driving. We do not need
speed limits, punish "reckless driving", not your version of "safe." By
punishing anticipated behavior that may never come to pass you're
advocating punishment of others for your fantasies.

If Peter Franks wants to drive 120mph, and can do safely, who are you, or
I, to tell him otherwise? If he drives 120mph unsafely then we already
have a defined punishment and crime for that, reckless driving. Stop
trying to micromanage our lives.

RatPartyOfNo

Mar 29, 2011, 6:34:43 PM3/29/11

see how the obamorons change the subject when nailed to the post.

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 29, 2011, 8:40:21 PM3/29/11

> On 3/28/2011 8:20 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
>> "RatPartyOfNo"<oi...@ma.invalid> wrote in message

I did not change the subject you fucking idiot TROLL

It is perfectly legal for non-US citizens to purchase gasoline and whether
or not they are in the country legally has absolutely no bearing.

Curly noted that suggesting everyone should be required to submit an ID in
order to purchase gasoline would violate the first amendment.

And so then you said that he was against obeying the law.

Problem with your arguement is that curley was not advocating breaking the
law....

...YOU WERE...

--by suggesting that government should simply ignore first amendment rights
against unreasonable search and siezure because it upsets you and a few
other redneck mental cases to maybe have someone who's undocumented or who's
visa has expired remain in the US.

Poor little baby RatPartyOfNo I feel Sooo sorry for him and his ilk, really
I do.

Tough shit, jackass...

--if you want to have to present an ID every time you spend money or every
time you walk down the street or every time some government lackey snaps his
fingers then move to someplace else ....someplace where a person already has
little or no rights and freedom to begin with....Maybe Libya, or
Somalia...Cuba perhaps--I've heard the weather is actually kind of nice
there this time of year.

But goddammit don't start into taking away any more of MY rights....

<plonk>

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:05:40 PM3/29/11

Or not deep enough.

> For instance the election of Barak Obama is a direct result of Bush.
> Bush's presidency was so odious, so repugnant, that voters went to the
> opposite extreme.  Had Bush even been a mediocre, or merely terrible,
> president Obama would never have been elected.
>
> Republicans, by nominating a candidate running on the Bush platform,
> elected Barak Obama in 2008.
>
> Don't get me wrong, Barak Obama has his faults.  This illegal military
> action in Libya is just the most obvious and new.  Obama doesn't hold a
> candle to the crimes and deceit of George Walker Bush and those who
> supported him.
>
> That doesn't make Democrats right.  That just makes Democrats slightly
> less wrong than Bush.  That either of you two gangs support either Bush
> or Obama is proof that our nation is doomed.

That makes them slightly less War Criminals?

C'mon Curls. I wanna hear you say it.

But you can't because they are Democrats...

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:08:01 PM3/29/11

Cool.

Don't get yourself killed until you change your driver license to
"donor."

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:11:30 PM3/29/11
On Mar 29, 10:11 am, "Existential Angst" <fit...@optonline.net> wrote:
> "Shall not be infringed" <hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:5b851762-83e0-44f8...@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com...

Usually in an Escalade, and with one drive and no passengers.

I never could understand why the environmental presidency of Clinton/
Gore allowed the CAFE requirements to fall on the floor.

Unless the media lied to us and they really weren't the environmental
presidency. That makes more sense. Just trying to get more voters
under the tent.

> While making uncontainable assholes like Jesse James and Paul Teutil pop
> culture heroes and icons.
> --

> EA- Hide quoted text -

Ed Huntress

Mar 29, 2011, 9:11:38 PM3/29/11

"PrecisionmachinisT" <123mac...@notmail.com> wrote in message

Fourth. d8-)

> And so then you said that he was against obeying the law.
>
> Problem with your arguement is that curley was not advocating breaking the
> law....
>
> ...YOU WERE...
>
> --by suggesting that government should simply ignore first amendment
> rights against unreasonable search and siezure because it upsets you and a
> few other redneck mental cases to maybe have someone who's undocumented or
> who's visa has expired remain in the US.
>
> Poor little baby RatPartyOfNo I feel Sooo sorry for him and his ilk,
> really I do.
>
> Tough shit, jackass...
>
> --if you want to have to present an ID every time you spend money or every
> time you walk down the street or every time some government lackey snaps
> his fingers then move to someplace else ....someplace where a person
> already has little or no rights and freedom to begin with....Maybe Libya,
> or Somalia...Cuba perhaps--I've heard the weather is actually kind of nice
> there this time of year.
>
> But goddammit don't start into taking away any more of MY rights....
>
> <plonk>

Be prepared. It's spring, and, like termites, the right-wingers are about to
take flight. And the sap it rising in the racist pigs. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:15:06 PM3/29/11
On Mar 29, 1:17 pm, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 7:11 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
>

> > "Shall not be infringed"<hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com>  wrote in message

> > On Mar 27, 10:17 pm, Too_Many_Tools<too_many_to...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> Your opinion...good or bad?
>
> >> TMT
>
> >> I-95 cameras snap speeders, spark controversy
> >> AP - Sun Mar 27th, 2011 2:52 PM EDT
>
> >> RIDGELAND, S.C. - As Interstate 95 sweeps past this small town along
> >> South Carolina's coastal plain, motorists encounter cameras that catch
> >> speeding cars, the only such devices on the open interstate for almost
> >> 2,000 miles from Canada to Miami.
>
> >> The cameras have nabbed thousands of motorists, won accolades from
> >> highway safety advocates, attracted heated opposition from state
> >> lawmakers and sparked a federal court challenge.
>
> >> Ridgeland Mayor Gary Hodges said the cameras in his town about 20
> >> miles north of the Georgia line do what they are designed to do: slow
> >> people down, reduce accidents and, most importantly, save lives.
>
> > With three wars going on we should be saving gas and rubber.  Slowing
> > down to do only the speed limit is patriotic.
>
> > And environmentally responsible....
> > BUT,  the bigger point is the hypocrisy of our own gummint in not regulating
> > horsepower.  Cars today make the venerable muscle cars of the 60s, 70s look
> > anemic.  WTF????
>
> Yes, that has a nice communistic/totalitarian ring to it, doesn't it...

Since 1973 it has obviously been a national security concern.

> > 15 hp -- or less -- is good for 60 mph.  So the VW Beetle already had 3x
> > more hp than nec.
>
> Free market and choice.  If you want a 15 hp car, have at it.

Never heard you badmouthing FDRs policies.

> > We don't seem to be happy unless we exceed that by 30 or 40.
>
> Some do; some don't.  Are you advocating the elimination happiness and
> choice?

I advocate obeying the law.

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:18:45 PM3/29/11
On Mar 29, 4:48 pm, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 1:14 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
>

> > "Peter Franks"<n...@none.com>  wrote in message

Are you an anarchist? People that do 30 -40 MPH over the legal speed
limit sure are.

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 9:23:32 PM3/29/11
On Mar 29, 6:33 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:14:15 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
>
> <123machin...@notmail.com> wrote:
> > "Peter Franks" <n...@none.com> wrote in message

Exceeding the legal posted speed limit by 30 - 40 MPH. Those kind of
choices by irresponsible people that could give a damn about others.

> When you make freedom conditional upon the judgment of third parties
> there is no real freedom or liberty.

You're stupid. Go build your own roads and highways and drive any way
you want.

> Someday people will learn that punishing people for thought crime simply
> doesn't work and destroys all America was built upon.  Punish actions,
> not perceived intent.

What thought crime?

> Speed limits are a poor attempt to enforce safe driving.  We do not need
> speed limits, punish "reckless driving", not your version of "safe."

Driving 30 - 40 MPH over the legal posted speed limit >>>IS<<<
reckless driving.

> By
> punishing anticipated behavior that may never come to pass you're
> advocating punishment of others for your fantasies.

By being a highway anarchist you are a danger to everyone else on the
road.

> If Peter Franks wants to drive 120mph, and can do safely, who are you, or
> I, to tell him otherwise?  If he drives 120mph unsafely then we already
> have a defined punishment and crime for that, reckless driving.  Stop
> trying to micromanage our lives.

Stop endangering the lives of everyone else because you are a selfish
anarchist.

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 9:49:08 PM3/29/11

You shouldn't be worried about me; you should be worried about the other
drivers...

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 9:49:53 PM3/29/11

Nope.

Are you a totalitarian?

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 9:53:11 PM3/29/11

Only 30-40 over?! What are you driving, a moped?

I got my delivery truck up to 95 in a 45 today, no problem. Would have
gone faster but it was rush hour on city streets...

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 9:55:14 PM3/29/11

Yes, it sure has been. Communists have been after our worn out tires
for a LONG time, gotta keep them nice and fresh. Good point!

>>> 15 hp -- or less -- is good for 60 mph. So the VW Beetle already had 3x
>>> more hp than nec.
>>
>> Free market and choice. If you want a 15 hp car, have at it.
>
> Never heard you badmouthing FDRs policies.

Why are you blaming me when you are the one that doesn't pay attention?

>>> We don't seem to be happy unless we exceed that by 30 or 40.
>>
>> Some do; some don't. Are you advocating the elimination happiness and
>> choice?
>
> I advocate obeying the law.

Whatever law you make up, that is.

Peter Franks

Mar 29, 2011, 9:58:14 PM3/29/11

I got my Escalade bored and blown. I get 5 mpg down hill with a tail
wind on a lucky day. But I can roost that bastard all the way down the
street.

Fun times!

> I never could understand why the environmental presidency of Clinton/
> Gore allowed the CAFE requirements to fall on the floor.
>
> Unless the media lied to us and they really weren't the environmental
> presidency. That makes more sense. Just trying to get more voters
> under the tent.

Or perhaps it has something to do with BUTT OUT!!!

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 10:00:53 PM3/29/11
> drivers...-

I'm not. It's the viability of your organs that I'm worried about.

Shall not be infringed

Mar 29, 2011, 10:01:32 PM3/29/11

Sure you are.

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 29, 2011, 10:22:48 PM3/29/11
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:28:01 +0000, Curly Surmudgeon
<CurlySu...@live.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:21:33 -0400, RatPartyOfNo <oi...@ma.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/28/2011 11:35 AM, Curly Surmudgeon wrote:

>>> "Fear" is the big motivator. Cedar Rapids is a god-fearing town in a
>>> god- fearing state. "Fear" got us into Iraq. Fear caused Bush to
>>> torture people in the name of "liberty and freedom". Fear of
>>> different cultures pushes god-fearing christians to commit atrocities.
>>> Christers willingly give up liberty and freedom looking for the
>>> impossible goal of absolute security.
>>>
>>> Their fear gnaws at our freedom and shits upon the Constitution.
>>>

>> seems you fear getting caught.
>> why?
>
> "Seems". Why use emotional arguments when the obvious is in front of
> you?
>
> Bill of Rights, Fourth Amendment: "The right of the people to be secure
> in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable
> searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall
> issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and
> particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or
> things to be seized."
>
> By your own misguided style, why are you afraid of freedom?

Regards, Curly
Republicans vs. Democrats : Heartless vs. Spineless

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 29, 2011, 10:23:59 PM3/29/11

Am I still stalking the cockroach?

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 29, 2011, 11:19:39 PM3/29/11

"Ed Huntress" <hunt...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Oops my bad.

>> And so then you said that he was against obeying the law.
>>
>> Problem with your arguement is that curley was not advocating breaking
>> the law....
>>
>> ...YOU WERE...
>>
>> --by suggesting that government should simply ignore first amendment
>> rights against unreasonable search and siezure because it upsets you and
>> a few other redneck mental cases to maybe have someone who's undocumented
>> or who's visa has expired remain in the US.
>>
>> Poor little baby RatPartyOfNo I feel Sooo sorry for him and his ilk,
>> really I do.
>>
>> Tough shit, jackass...
>>
>> --if you want to have to present an ID every time you spend money or
>> every time you walk down the street or every time some government lackey
>> snaps his fingers then move to someplace else ....someplace where a
>> person already has little or no rights and freedom to begin with....Maybe
>> Libya, or Somalia...Cuba perhaps--I've heard the weather is actually kind
>> of nice there this time of year.
>>
>> But goddammit don't start into taking away any more of MY rights....
>>
>> <plonk>
>
> Be prepared. It's spring, and, like termites, the right-wingers are about
> to take flight. And the sap it rising in the racist pigs. d8-)

That too...

Gunner Asch

Mar 29, 2011, 11:34:49 PM3/29/11
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:23:32 -0700 (PDT), Shall not be infringed
<hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Speed limits are a poor attempt to enforce safe driving.  We do not need
>> speed limits, punish "reckless driving", not your version of "safe."
>
>Driving 30 - 40 MPH over the legal posted speed limit >>>IS<<<
>reckless driving.

several weeks ago, I got on a Ninja and was clocked at 264 mph, on a
paved public road.

Now to be fair..it was a paved road out in the desert. And the scooter
did belong to a CHP buddy of mine. And his partner was running the
speed gun....shrug

But reckless? Hardly.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 29, 2011, 11:38:14 PM3/29/11

"Curly Surmudgeon" <CurlySu...@live.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:14:15 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
> <123mac...@notmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Peter Franks" <no...@none.com> wrote in message
>>
>> No, it's only the bad choices that need to be eliminated.
>
> "Bad Choices". Decided by whom? Eliminated by whom?

Why, by the democratic process, my little cupcake...

> When you make freedom conditional upon the judgment of third parties
> there is no real freedom or liberty.

Sorry but thats the way it is.

> Someday people will learn that punishing people for thought crime simply
> doesn't work and destroys all America was built upon. Punish actions,
> not perceived intent.

Suggest take your meds.

> Speed limits are a poor attempt to enforce safe driving. We do not need
> speed limits, punish "reckless driving", not your version of "safe." By
> punishing anticipated behavior that may never come to pass you're
> advocating punishment of others for your fantasies.

The purpose of traffic control is to promote safety.

> If Peter Franks wants to drive 120mph, and can do safely, who are you, or
> I, to tell him otherwise? If he drives 120mph unsafely then we already

Because the damage is already done by then--and anyone that passed their 5th
grade science class knows that energy = mass X velocity and also understands
the significance when applied to automobile crashes.

> have a defined punishment and crime for that, reckless driving. Stop
> trying to micromanage our lives.

If Peter Franks comes up behind me at 120MPH in the RH lane and I see him
coming I will make a quick lane change at the last possible instant forcing
him into the ditch or at a minmum he WILL shit his pants.

I already have suffered 3 severely crushed vertebra, had 2 knee surgerys,
and lost a 60k/ year job because of an idiot like him slammed into my
vehicle when I was stopped on the freeway for stalled traffic so fuck you
very much.

PrecisionmachinisT

Mar 30, 2011, 2:14:33 AM3/30/11

"PrecisionmachinisT" <precision...@notmail.com> wrote in message

> If Peter Franks comes up behind me at 120MPH in the RH lane and I see him
> coming I will make a quick lane change at the last possible instant
> forcing him into the ditch or at a minmum he WILL shit his pants.
>
> I already have suffered 3 severely crushed vertebra, had 2 knee surgerys,
> and lost a 60k/ year job because of an idiot like him slammed into my
> vehicle when I was stopped on the freeway for stalled traffic so fuck you
> very much.

After all--it's free word and all that.

anorton

Mar 30, 2011, 3:01:15 AM3/30/11

"Gunner Asch" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message

264 mph on a production motorcycle?? The folks at the Guiness book would be
interested in that.

Be careful you don't wipe out on the bullshit.

Shall not be infringed

Mar 30, 2011, 6:46:01 AM3/30/11

What laws have I made?

Shall not be infringed

Mar 30, 2011, 6:47:34 AM3/30/11

It had nothing to do with "butt out."

I guess you don't remember them forching universal health care, do you?

Gunner Asch

Mar 30, 2011, 11:25:26 AM3/30/11

Did I say anything about a stock, out of the box production motorcycle?
Hummm?

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 12:25:03 PM3/30/11

"anorton" <ano...@removethis.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Give Gunner a break. He's been away and he's out of practice writing
bullshit stories. He has to get back into the swing of dressing them up so
you can't see the slight of hand. d8-)

Don Vesco will be interested in Gunner's new record for non-supercharged,
non-streamliner production bikes. Maybe Gunner can give him some tips...

--
Ed Huntress

Message has been deleted

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 30, 2011, 2:12:04 PM3/30/11

I'm sorry you were injured.

My points and position stand.

dca...@krl.org

Mar 30, 2011, 2:53:03 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 12:25 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Don Vesco will be interested in Gunner's new record for non-supercharged,
> non-streamliner production bikes. Maybe Gunner can give him some tips...
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

I did not notice that Gunner said the motorcycle was not supercharged
or what if anything was done to streamline it. Or that it was a
production bike. Maybe you can give us some tips on how to determine
all these things about motorcycles.

Dan

Gunner Asch

Mar 30, 2011, 2:52:59 PM3/30/11
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:23:05 -0600, cl...@sweep.com wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:25:26 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Be careful you don't wipe out on the bullshit.
>>
>>Did I say anything about a stock, out of the box production motorcycle?
>>Hummm?
>

>Do you ever say anything about anything that resembles credible?

you have used in the past yr, 927 nyms. I wonder if thats a record?

It is obvious though that its part of your mental illness.

Shrug.

Gunner

>>=============================================================
>
>On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Kurtis T. Nicklas of
>1293 Westbrook Ave, Elon, NC 27244-9372"
>
><nickl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>

>>I don't pay much attention to him these days, but I'd wager he's not
>>happy.
>
>You sure as shit paid attention when you got caught
>making all those late-night hang-up phone calls, didn't
>ya, Nickkkkers?
>
>CLICK ! ! !

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 30, 2011, 2:57:36 PM3/30/11
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:34:49 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> several weeks ago, I got on a Ninja and was clocked at 264 mph, on a
> paved public road.

Had another stroke? Your lies aren't remotely believable any longer.

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 30, 2011, 3:00:26 PM3/30/11
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:53:03 -0700, "dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org>
wrote:

BMW S1000RR sets production 1000cc land speed record

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/09/bmw-s1000rr-sets-
production-1000cc-land-speed-record/

Gummer broke that record by 70mph on public roads...

Wanna buy a bridge?

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 3:25:38 PM3/30/11

<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message

Why don't you ask him, Dan? By now he's undoubtedly dressed up the story
such that the bike has two engines and compound turbochargers, was built
especially for his CHP buddy by the factory to withstand the God-awful
horsepower required to go 264 mph, had full streamlining and a pit crew of
three to get it off the line.

Do you have any idea what 250-mph+ motorcycles look like? Do you know how
much horsepower is required to move a streetable motorcycle to 264 mph? It's
well over 500 hp.

Get serious, Dan. You're playing rhetorical games here.

--
Ed Huntress

dca...@krl.org

Mar 30, 2011, 3:37:14 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 3:25 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>Ed Huntress
> >I did not notice that Gunner said the motorcycle was not supercharged
> >or what if anything was done to streamline it.  Or that it was a
> >production bike.  Maybe you can give us some tips on how to determine
> >all these  things about motorcycles.
>
> >                                                  Dan
>
> Why don't you ask him, Dan? By now he's undoubtedly dressed up the story
> such that the bike has two engines and compound turbochargers, was built
> especially for his CHP buddy by the factory to withstand the God-awful
> horsepower required to go 264 mph, had full streamlining and a pit crew of
> three to get it off the line.
>
> Do you have any idea what 250-mph+ motorcycles look like? Do you know how
> much horsepower is required to move a streetable motorcycle to 264 mph? It's
> well over 500 hp.
>
> Get serious, Dan. You're playing rhetorical games here.
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

I asked you as you were the one that said it was a production non-
supercharged non-streamlined bike. I did not see anything that Gunner
wrote that indicated what sort of bike it was.

Whether I know what a 250 mph bike looks like in not germane to my
question. The same is true of whether I know how much horsepower it
takes to move a steetable motorcycle to 264 Mph.
So I am serious, how do you know what type of bike it is?

Dan

anorton

Mar 30, 2011, 3:41:15 PM3/30/11

"Ed Huntress" <hunt...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Well, Gunner already mentioned in another branch of this thread that the
airflow was pushing him hard into the seat, so it could not have had
complete streamlining (a full moncoque over wheels and driver). The 2006
world record for partially streamlined, supercharged, 2000 cc class was
213.812 mph
http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2006_event/FIMResults_Bonneville_2006.pdf

It is very interesting how many people want to believe his fantasies.

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 4:10:35 PM3/30/11

<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message

On Mar 30, 3:25 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>Ed Huntress
> >I did not notice that Gunner said the motorcycle was not supercharged
> >or what if anything was done to streamline it. Or that it was a
> >production bike. Maybe you can give us some tips on how to determine
> >all these things about motorcycles.
>
> > Dan
>
> Why don't you ask him, Dan? By now he's undoubtedly dressed up the story
> such that the bike has two engines and compound turbochargers, was built
> especially for his CHP buddy by the factory to withstand the God-awful
> horsepower required to go 264 mph, had full streamlining and a pit crew of
> three to get it off the line.
>
> Do you have any idea what 250-mph+ motorcycles look like? Do you know how
> much horsepower is required to move a streetable motorcycle to 264 mph?
> It's
> well over 500 hp.
>
> Get serious, Dan. You're playing rhetorical games here.
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

>I asked you as you were the one that said it was a production non-
>supercharged non-streamlined bike. I did not see anything that Gunner
>wrote that indicated what sort of bike it was.

He called it a "Ninja," not a Ninja-engined, crew-served streamliner. He
said he sat on a "seat." 250+ mph motocycles have no seat. They're all-out
Bonneville streamliners.

>Whether I know what a 250 mph bike looks like in not germane to my
>question.

Yeah, it is. It would tell us if you know what you're talking about or if
you're playing a rhetorical game..

> The same is true of whether I know how much horsepower it
>takes to move a steetable motorcycle to 264 Mph.
>So I am serious, how do you know what type of bike it is?

He called it a "Ninja." No Ninja can go 264 mph. The fastest speed I've seen
claimed for one, running on nitrous and heavily modified, was 214 mph on a
one-way run. 264 mph has been broken only once in that displacement class,
by an all-out Bonneville streamliner, ridden by Don Vesco, with a full-race
Yamaha engine.

With the nitrous, the 214-mph Ninja had a claimed 227 hp. Now, find yourself
an aerodynamics graph or calculator and see how much hp it would then
require to go 264 mph. Then give us an idea of how you would get 500 hp out
of an engine that's already stressed near the limit in stock form, at 150
hp/liter.

--
Ed Huntress

pyotr filipivich

Mar 30, 2011, 4:12:05 PM3/30/11
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch
<gunne...@gmail.com> reported Elvis on Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:52:59
-0700 in misc.survivalism:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:23:05 -0600, cl...@sweep.com wrote:

>>>Did I say anything about a stock, out of the box production motorcycle?
>>>Hummm?
>>
>>Do you ever say anything about anything that resembles credible?
>
>you have used in the past yr, 927 nyms. I wonder if thats a record?
>
>It is obvious though that its part of your mental illness.
>
>Shrug.

Ever read the Chanur series by CJ Cherryh? There is an alien race
called the Stsho, who are great esthetes. Exquisite sensibilities,
just adoring the pastel shades of white decorating the office, etc,
etc. Only one small problem. Under stress, their personality
fragments, they "phase", and they then form a new personality - which
is not the person that they were. Whatever they did before, they no
longer remember, or are responsible.

I think the lefties have "phased" multiple times.

--

pyotr filipivich
Just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel,

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 4:12:10 PM3/30/11

"anorton" <ano...@removethis.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Dan doesn't want to believe. He's just letting Aristotelian syllogisms
overcome his good sense. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 4:25:25 PM3/30/11

"anorton" <ano...@removethis.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

BTW, we went through a similar exercise some years ago, when Gunner claimed
to have broken the world's sailing speed record for Hobie 16s.

The guy is just a speed demon. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

robw

Mar 30, 2011, 4:28:05 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 4:25 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:
> "anorton" <anor...@removethis.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote in message
>
> >> <dcas...@krl.org> wrote in message
> >http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2006_event/FIMResults_Bonneville_2006...

> > It is very interesting how many people want to believe his fantasies.
>
> BTW, we went through a similar exercise some years ago, when Gunner claimed
> to have broken the world's sailing speed record for Hobie 16s.
>
> The guy is just a speed demon. d8-)
>
> --
> Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Did you ever catch the thread where he was telling me that he was
dating a Victoria's Secret model?
That was pretty good for a laugh.

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 4:37:04 PM3/30/11

"robw" <nodd...@comcast.net> wrote in message

No, I've seen references to it but I missed that one. My favorite is the
story about how he was target shooting in the desert and showed a bunch of
gang-bangers how to handle a handgun. I guess that falls into the category
of civic responsibility, giving back to your community, or something like
that.

--
Ed Huntress

dca...@krl.org

Mar 30, 2011, 4:40:43 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 4:12 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:

> > It is very interesting how many people want to believe his fantasies.
>
> Dan doesn't want to believe. He's just letting Aristotelian syllogisms
> overcome his good sense. d8-)
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

Whatever................. I just want to know how Ed knows things
that are posted. My good sense is that I do not care whether what
Gunner says is true or not. To me it is interesting how many people
have an active passionate interest in what Gunner says. What Gunner
posts is entertaining. What people post in return is even more
entertaining.

Dan

Ed Huntress

Mar 30, 2011, 4:55:46 PM3/30/11

<dca...@krl.org> wrote in message

On Mar 30, 4:12 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:

> > It is very interesting how many people want to believe his fantasies.
>
> Dan doesn't want to believe. He's just letting Aristotelian syllogisms
> overcome his good sense. d8-)
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

>Whatever................. I just want to know how Ed knows things
>that are posted.

Inductive reasoning, experience, and a well-tuned b.s. detector.

> My good sense is that I do not care whether what
>Gunner says is true or not.

I've noticed that. d8-)

> To me it is interesting how many people
>have an active passionate interest in what Gunner says. What Gunner
>posts is entertaining. What people post in return is even more
>entertaining.

Well, I'm happy to be of entertainment value, then.

Gunner has insulted so many people with his dismissive, crude remarks that
it's hard not to call him out on his endless streams of b.s. It's of some
value, however small, not to lose sight of the fact that his derisions and
snotty missives are built on a pile of mental excrement.

And he is good for a laugh sometimes, like the idea of him going 264 mph on
a motorcycle.

--
Ed Huntress

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 30, 2011, 5:04:46 PM3/30/11

And the largest Kawasaki Ninja is only 1352 cc's, not the 2-liter class.

How many strokes has Gummer had now?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Shall not be infringed

Mar 30, 2011, 7:14:26 PM3/30/11
On Mar 29, 10:23 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com>
wrote:

> Am I still stalking the cockroach?

You are the cockroach.

Shall not be infringed

Mar 30, 2011, 7:24:00 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 2:12 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:14:33 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"
>

> <precisionmachin...@notmail.com> wrote:
> > "PrecisionmachinisT" <precisionmachin...@notmail.com> wrote in message

> >> If Peter Franks comes up behind me at 120MPH in the RH lane and I see
> >> him coming I will make a quick lane change at the last possible instant
> >> forcing him into the ditch or at a minmum he WILL shit his pants.
>
> >> I already have suffered 3 severely crushed vertebra, had 2 knee
> >> surgerys, and lost a 60k/ year job because of an idiot like him slammed
> >> into my vehicle when I was stopped on the freeway for stalled traffic
> >> so fuck you very much.
>
> > After all--it's free word and all that.
>
> > --
>
> I'm sorry you were injured.

Are you willing to compensate another person for their injuries,
damages, lost wages???

Hell no!

You had to move away from America to afford health care and you want
to drive 120MPH.

> My points and position stand.

Your pointy head stands.

It is loading more messages.