What the hell.

James Hepler

Dec 12, 2000, 2:20:21 PM12/12/00
Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.

And it's on...

--
James Hepler

http://www.sorryaboutdresden.com

"Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down
inside you secretly long for a cold hearted Republican to lower taxes,
brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"

-Mayor Bob Terwilliger

Jonathan Ball

Dec 12, 2000, 3:02:04 PM12/12/00

James Hepler wrote:

> Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
>
> And it's on...

Good to have you back.

You'll no doubt be pleased (?) to know that David Harrison is still
trying to coax a few more furlongs out of his "animals' getting to
experience life" argument. The pony has thrown three shoes and has a
deep cut on the last good leg, and David dropped his whip way back, but
they're still hobbling.

Happy holidays.

David

Dec 12, 2000, 3:51:35 PM12/12/00
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:20:21 -0500, James Hepler <hep...@email.unc.edu> wrote:

>Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
>newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
>feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
>and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
>
>And it's on...
>
>--
>James Hepler

Welcome back to the same 'ol same 'ol... Nothing has
changed a whole lot--billions of animals are still experiencing
life only because humans raise them, and a few AEąAs are
still trying to convince people that the fact is insignificant.

____________________________________
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
ą If domestic animals were granted the right of freedom, domestic
animals would die out. Animal Extinction (AE) is a term which
describes what rights for domestic animals would actually bring
about.

Karen

Dec 12, 2000, 3:58:56 PM12/12/00

"James Hepler" <hep...@email.unc.edu> wrote in message

> Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
>
> And it's on...

You can have David and Polly (you'll just have to share with Jonathan)
:-) They're on your side but I sort of remember you as being relatively
fair minded about issues.

Welcome back.

Karen
aka Eco

Richard Bishop

Dec 12, 2000, 3:57:30 PM12/12/00

> Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.

Welcome back, James. We have a fresh batch of nuts.

Sue

James Hepler

Dec 12, 2000, 4:10:18 PM12/12/00
Jonathan Ball wrote:

> James Hepler wrote:
> >
> > Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> > newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> > feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> > and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
> >
> > And it's on...
>
> Good to have you back.

Thanks!

> You'll no doubt be pleased (?) to know that David Harrison is still
> trying to coax a few more furlongs out of his "animals' getting to
> experience life" argument.

You know, sad as it may sound, even after I left I still heard that
argument on other forums, about other subjects. Things like, "at least
slaves got to live, as well as room and board". SO many good arguments
out there, I can't figure out why some people have to cling to lousy
ones.

> The pony has thrown three shoes and has a
> deep cut on the last good leg, and David dropped his whip way back, but
> they're still hobbling.

You have to give him credit for his stamina.

> Happy holidays.

Thanks! You too.

James Hepler

Dec 12, 2000, 4:34:39 PM12/12/00
David wrote:

> Welcome back to the same 'ol same 'ol.

My post was not intended to serve as a segue for your crusade.

But hello again anyway.

James Hepler

Dec 12, 2000, 4:35:27 PM12/12/00
Karen wrote:

> "James Hepler" <hep...@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> > Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> > newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> > feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> > and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
> >
> > And it's on...
> >

> You can have David and Polly (you'll just have to share with Jonathan)
> :-) They're on your side but I sort of remember you as being relatively
> fair minded about issues.
>
> Welcome back.

Thanks! I look forward to sparring with you in the future. Gloves will
stay on, though, I hope!

Ward M. Clark

Dec 12, 2000, 7:45:10 PM12/12/00
Welcome back, James!

--
Ward M. Clark
www.frombearcreek.com

Rat & Swan

Dec 12, 2000, 9:40:07 PM12/12/00
James Hepler wrote:

> Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> newsgroup another try.
<snip>

Welcome back, James. As you can see, some old
faces, some new faces, mostly same old shit.
How's the band doing?

Rat

OOsik11566

Dec 12, 2000, 10:25:06 PM12/12/00
>From: James Hepler hep...@email.unc.edu
>Date: 12/12/2000 12:20 PM US

>Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this

>newsgroup another try....

Well dip me in doo.... more proof that bad habits are hard to break.
Welcome back, signal the fleet, torpedoes sighted off the starboard bow.....

Felix

James Hepler

Dec 13, 2000, 9:55:54 AM12/13/00
Richard Bishop wrote:

> James Hepler <hep...@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> > Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> > newsgroup another try. Call it masochism or whatever. Maybe I just
> > feel like kicking ass. Either way, hello again to those of you I like,
> > and a healthy Go TO HELL to those of you I don't.
> >

> Welcome back, James. We have a fresh batch of nuts.

I was going to say something about eating nuts for breakfast, but I
figured it opened the door to too many witty retorts.

Oh wait, I just mentioned it. Damn...

James Hepler

Dec 13, 2000, 9:58:24 AM12/13/00

Wearing me out!

2001 will be the year of the Dresden. Two 7" singles (also known to you
fogeys as 45's!), two 6 song CD EP's, and a full length album are on the
way. We've been touring, but mostly just on the east coast.

You can probably find some of our stuff on Napster or mp3.com.

Glad you are still here, Rat. And thanks for asking!

rick etter

Dec 13, 2000, 6:16:50 PM12/13/00
James Hepler wrote:

> Rat & Swan wrote:
> >
> > James Hepler wrote:
> >
> > > Alright, after much soul searching, I have decided to give this
> > > newsgroup another try.
> > <snip>
> >
> > Welcome back, James. As you can see, some old
> > faces, some new faces, mostly same old shit.
> > How's the band doing?
>
> Wearing me out!
>
> 2001 will be the year of the Dresden. Two 7" singles (also known to you
> fogeys as 45's!), two 6 song CD EP's, and a full length album are on the
> way. We've been touring, but mostly just on the east coast.
>
> You can probably find some of our stuff on Napster or mp3.com.
-------------------------

James found dresden on mp3, you guys the one with 'frozen', matter
doesn't matter'? Also ran across dresden girls, and dresden style!!
not to mention the dresden philharmonic!

You ever play anywhere with a ska group named black market pop? (might
have still been black market pop-tarts)-til lawyers got involved :-)
I could swear my brother had mentioned dresden somewhere along the way.

--
Canoe North!
Rick Etter

Step outside...The Graphics are Amazing!

James Hepler

Dec 14, 2000, 10:36:06 AM12/14/00

rick etter wrote:

> James Hepler wrote:
> >
> > Rat & Swan wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Welcome back, James. As you can see, some old
> > > faces, some new faces, mostly same old shit.
> > > How's the band doing?
> >
> > Wearing me out!
> >
> > 2001 will be the year of the Dresden. Two 7" singles (also known to you
> > fogeys as 45's!), two 6 song CD EP's, and a full length album are on the
> > way. We've been touring, but mostly just on the east coast.
> >
> > You can probably find some of our stuff on Napster or mp3.com.
> -------------------------
>
> James found dresden on mp3, you guys the one with 'frozen', matter
> doesn't matter'? Also ran across dresden girls, and dresden style!!
> not to mention the dresden philharmonic!

We're actually Sorry About Dresden. I'm not sure which songs we have up
on mp3.com. One might be called "The Mayor WIll Abdicate" which is
fairly loud and aggressive. There's "Butterflies" which is a rock
anthem, maybe. And "Cults of the Famous and the Dead", which is kinda
both.

> You ever play anywhere with a ska group named black market pop? (might
> have still been black market pop-tarts)-til lawyers got involved :-)
> I could swear my brother had mentioned dresden somewhere along the way.

Not that I know of. Where are they from?

rick etter

Dec 14, 2000, 2:21:14 PM12/14/00

James Hepler wrote:

OK, 'Dresden" seems to be popular, eh? Give that another try.

> > You ever play anywhere with a ska group named black market pop? (might
> > have still been black market pop-tarts)-til lawyers got involved :-)
> > I could swear my brother had mentioned dresden somewhere along the way.
>
> Not that I know of. Where are they from?

Now defunct, but were out of Indiana Univer.