Test is this newsgroup moderated ?

mutated...@web.com

Jan 15, 2006, 6:40:02 AM1/15/06
I have the funny recollection that I've posted replies to this group,
so if this gets through the moderation thing must be a load of hooey.

(I've never been completely comfortable with the spelling of hooey).

(My friends call me Muty)

Muty

ck1...@msn.com

Jan 15, 2006, 6:43:31 AM1/15/06
fart bulla was moderated out of here. a man before his time.

Chris Thompson

Jan 15, 2006, 7:39:27 AM1/15/06
mutated...@web.com wrote in

The group is robomoderated. It has nothing to do with content, only with
the number and selection of Usenet groups to which you attempt to
crosspost. Crossposting to more than 4 Usenet groups, including
talk.origins, gets your post whacked. Crossposting to certain support
groups also causes you to crash and burn.

Certain abusive posters get banned, at least until they agree to stop
abuse. One sure way to get banned is to consistently morph your "From:"
header to avoid killfiles. No one is banned on content issues alone.

(My friends call me.....Chris)

Chris
(not the moderator, thank goodness)

Alexander

Jan 15, 2006, 7:47:02 AM1/15/06

I think you'll find that CENSORED only accepts CENSORED in the event of
CENSORED with very large CENSORED and demented rabbits.

***the author of this post has been ordered to attend reeducation and
will shortly be reformatted as kibble***

Marc

Jan 15, 2006, 8:01:00 AM1/15/06

Try posting to this group and four other
cross-posted groups at the same time,
then you will find out what moderation
here is all about.

marc

.

BruceW

Jan 15, 2006, 8:05:36 AM1/15/06

"Moderation and Posting to Talk.Origins", Jan 15 2006:

http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/797a73aa0e08e77a

Walter Bushell

Jan 15, 2006, 10:48:30 AM1/15/06
In article <Xns974C4DE45683Cct...@207.69.189.191>,
Chris Thompson <ctho...@TAKEOUT.bmcc.cuny.edu> wrote:

The moderator doesn't even know that it is the moderator.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any
charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgement of his

David Iain Greig

Jan 15, 2006, 6:31:15 PM1/15/06
ck1...@msn.com <ck1...@msn.com> wrote:
> fart bulla was moderated out of here. a man before his time.

and off his meds

you might get yours refilled too, mind you.

--D.

--
david iain greig dgr...@ediacara.org
moderator, talk.origins sp4 kox

Ray Martinez

Jan 15, 2006, 7:14:14 PM1/15/06

Walter Bushell wrote:
> In article <Xns974C4DE45683Cct...@207.69.189.191>,
> Chris Thompson <ctho...@TAKEOUT.bmcc.cuny.edu> wrote:
>
> > mutated...@web.com wrote in
> >
> > > I have the funny recollection that I've posted replies to this group,
> > > so if this gets through the moderation thing must be a load of hooey.
> > >
> > > (I've never been completely comfortable with the spelling of hooey).
> > >
> > > (My friends call me Muty)
> > >
> > > Muty
> > >

> > The group is robomoderated. It has nothing to do with content, only with
> > the number and selection of Usenet groups to which you attempt to
> > crosspost. Crossposting to more than 4 Usenet groups, including
> > talk.origins, gets your post whacked. Crossposting to certain support
> > groups also causes you to crash and burn.
> >
> > Certain abusive posters get banned, at least until they agree to stop
> > abuse. One sure way to get banned is to consistently morph your "From:"
> > header to avoid killfiles. No one is banned on content issues alone.
> >
> > (My friends call me.....Chris)
> >
> > Chris
> > (not the moderator, thank goodness)
>
> The moderator doesn't even know that it is the moderator.
>
> --

Tell that to Kant/Ambrosini

Darwinian talibanism did him in = their true colors revealed.

Ray

Bill Wayne

Jan 15, 2006, 7:31:48 PM1/15/06

Chris Thompson already mentioned that changing your From: header
several times will result in a ban. I believe Ambrosini fits that
criteria.

> Ray

Best Regards,
Bill

Shane

Jan 15, 2006, 7:35:17 PM1/15/06

Poor Ray, wrong again. Failing to abide by the rules did Ray Ambrosini
in. And the rules are posted on the 1st and 15th of each month, so
ignorance is no excuse.

Agreeing to abide by the rules would see him posting again. It's funny
how creationists want to force others to abide by their rules, yet
they object to the rules of others. Such objection is against at least
one of their supposed principles, (that of 'rendering unto Caesar
...'), but no surprise there.

--
Shane
The truth will set you free.

wf...@comcast.net

Jan 15, 2006, 7:39:45 PM1/15/06
On 15 Jan 2006 16:14:14 -0800, "Ray Martinez" <pyram...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Darwinian talibanism did him in = their true colors revealed.
>
>Ray

ironic ray calling scientists taliban when the taliban are
creationists....

just like ray

Chris Thompson

Jan 15, 2006, 8:08:01 PM1/15/06
"Ray Martinez" <pyram...@yahoo.com> wrote in

Ray, your own post gives you the lie.

Note that you included two net-pseudonyms in your description.

Ambrosini is a well-known Usenet troll who is amused by agitating people
on religious grounds. He could just as well have decided to go to
Christian groups and write GOD SUCKS over and over.

And yet, DIG is on record as saying all he has to do to come back is
agree not to constantly change his names. While I am no under illusion
that DIG is someone of infinite patience, he has shown incredible
restraint in dealing with Ambrosini/Kant/Skywise.

Ray, even though you lie here all the time, you are not as bad as
Ambrosini. You at least stand up and own your lies. Skywise always hid
behind one 'nym after another.

Chris

CreateThis

Jan 15, 2006, 8:32:28 PM1/15/06
Ray Martinez wrote:

> Tell that to Kant/Ambrosini
>
> Darwinian talibanism did him in = their true colors revealed.

Sticking up for one of the most notorious and blatant usenet trolls
certainly shows clearly who and what you are.

CT

Richard Clayton

Jan 15, 2006, 10:00:40 PM1/15/06

Kant / Dawkins / et cetera was banned for repeated nym shifting, not
for the content of his posts. You are free to post any annoying screed
you like (and indeed, many do), you just aren't allowed to rapidly shift
your nickname while doing it.
But hey, why let facts get in the way of your persecution complex?
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

Josh Hayes

Jan 16, 2006, 12:45:28 AM1/16/06
"Marc" <mbu...@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in news:1137327899.432277.102050
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

But if you do, whatever you do, don't answer the door.

And never get out of the boat.

-JAH

I said, DON'T ANSWER -- ahhh, too late

Josh Hayes

Jan 16, 2006, 12:43:48 AM1/16/06
"Bill Wayne" <HWa...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Ray Martinez wrote:

>> Tell that to Kant/Ambrosini
>

> Chris Thompson already mentioned that changing your From: header
> several times will result in a ban. I believe Ambrosini fits that
> criteria.

AAAGGGHHHH!

CRITERION! CRITERION! GET THE FUCKING ENDING RIGHT!

-JAH

Where's my pipe wrench? See: http://www.armory.com/~crisper/Scorch/

Chris Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 9:27:20 AM1/16/06
Josh Hayes <jos...@spamblarg.net> wrote in

You know what I hate? When someone talks about one thing a person does
repeatedly, and refers to is as "modus operandi". I HATE THAT!

Sorry.

Chris

Mark Isaak

Jan 16, 2006, 3:10:29 PM1/16/06
On 15 Jan 2006 03:40:02 -0800, mutated...@web.com wrote:

>(I've never been completely comfortable with the spelling of hooey).

Try spelling it "hokum." The k and m are silent as in "knee" and
"mnemonic," and the u makes the long e sound as in "guijo."

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) earthlink (dot) net
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of

Walter Bushell

Jan 16, 2006, 3:59:54 PM1/16/06
In article <Qb-dnTnO-cYwalfe...@comcast.com>,
CreateThis <Creat...@yippee.com> wrote:

AS if it weren't perfectly clear by now.

Walter Bushell

Jan 16, 2006, 6:24:31 PM1/16/06
In article <65vns1hj1r55m9mf3...@4ax.com>,
Mark Isaak <eci...@earthlinkNOSPAM.next> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2006 03:40:02 -0800, mutated...@web.com wrote:
>
> >(I've never been completely comfortable with the spelling of hooey).
>
> Try spelling it "hokum." The k and m are silent as in "knee" and
> "mnemonic," and the u makes the long e sound as in "guijo."

there is something ghotiy about that spelling.

Marc

Jan 16, 2006, 8:16:54 PM1/16/06

See?

Told ya.

(signed) marc

mmb
NSW

mutated...@web.com

Jan 18, 2006, 5:15:24 AM1/18/06
After getting 21 replies to a topic which I more or less accidentally
created when my brain went numb, maybe it would be better if the group
was moderated ;-)

(My friends call me Muty)

Muty

OT: I've finally decided to go for the black thong and skin coloured
tights for my avatar, The footwear is a bit more difficult, I kind of
like the big hairy ski boots that were popular a long while back, but
then who's going to be able to see the painted toenails.