Voice: Issue #1 is Out

Tom Boutell

Sep 11, 1992, 10:24:44 AM9/11/92
(NOTE: This is my nth attempt to post this announcement. I'm reasonably
certain previous attempts to do so failed due to news problems at my site(s).
My apologies if you've already seen it.)

V o i c e M a g a z i n e

Voice is a free, independent magazine created and distributed primarily
through the net, which centers on one topic in each issue, with a
standing policy of accepting articles based on quality of writing
rather than views expressed. As a result there is a wide variety
of opinion within the magazine, making it, I believe, more interesting
to read.

The first issue, which deals with abortion and specifically
with the Roe vs. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision's legacy, is now
available by the following means:

- FTP from isis.cshl.org. As at most sites, cd to pub and type
ls for a list of files. You should see voicei1v1 (issue #1 volume
#1). This is the entire magazine in regular plaintext, ready to
print on any typical printer.

can obtain the magazine by FTP instead, please do so to save
bandwidth.

- In the newsgroup talk.abortion, to which it has been posted in
two parts, since it is directly relevant to the group. (I will do the
same with future issues if they are specifically relevant to a
particular newsgroup. In other groups I will only post pointers
like this one.)

- On the World Wide Web hypertext system (soon). This is a wonderful
way to read the magazine, but I haven't heard from the web's
maintainer in approximately a month. (If you already use it and
are comfortable with making your own links from home pages of your
own, write to me and I'll give you the necessary information to
link to the magazine.)

NEXT ISSUE: The next issue will deal with the limitations of free
speech. See the current issue for more details!

--
NERD NATION:
We're here. We're weird. Get used to it.