Lament for a Lung Disease

Smokey

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
Wherever I go, the folks want to know
Just why we need oxygen hoses?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

I say that it must be the silica dust
That we breathed through our mouths and our noses
That brought pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Our one emancipation is strong medication
Our doctors prescribe in high doses.
For our pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

We drink so much wine, the docs say "Decline!"
And warn of impending cirrhosis.
But we all declare that no pain can compare,
For each waking breath brings a pain worse than death,
With each wheezy refrain, we will curse the foul name:

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis."

-------------------------
Smokey

Message has been deleted

Nikolai Kingsley

Nov 14, 2013, 7:10:26 AM11/14/13

> On Thursday, August 27, 1998 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Smokey wrote:
>>
>> "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis."
>
> This is gold, this is.

google archives, huh, or just a slow connection?

From: and...@cml.rice.edu (Andrew Solberg)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Personal Ads For Extraterrestrials
Date: 25 May 1995 00:15:18 -0500

Long, flexible segmented fur-bearer, 2.9, "Lean and Vicious",
seeking tubular hermaphrodite for week-long rutting frenzy.
Enjoy sports, romantic movies, sucking vascular fluids.
Please - no annelids! Box 2184

Ken Johnson

Nov 15, 2013, 12:47:04 PM11/15/13
I love this thread. To the obvious tune:

I suffered really horribly from constant coughs and sneezes,
From bloodshot eyes and flabby thighs and gasps and moans and wheezes,
The doctor said, "You'll soon drop dead, so quickly pay my feeses,
Cause of death, I'll have to write, the finest of diseases."

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,
Buy a big inhaler and take astronomic doses,
You'll be in a box within a week of diagnosis,
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

I phoned the local hospital and asked for quick admission,
The matron said, "We've got a bed and here is my decision,
Your lungs are black, you do not lack a medical condition,
When the nurses read your notes, they'll laugh with great derision."

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,
Thick with dust, all bent and bust, your lungs and throats and noses,
Undergo a horrifying foul metamorphosis,
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Ken Johnson
Acknowledgement to "Mary Poppins"

Nikolai Kingsley

Nov 15, 2013, 7:06:37 PM11/15/13

> Acknowledgement to "Mary Poppins"

who lived in the right time and place for it.

--
"Bunnies have records?"

"Well, they have such short term memories... they need to record
everything on betamax."
- mamabliss, "Calisota"