GSOC 2013, Linear Algebra

Saurabh Jha

Mar 15, 2013, 8:09:43 AM3/15/13
to sympy
Hi,

My name is Saurabh Jha. I am a third year student at an Indian
University. My major is Computer Science and Engineering. I am
interested in Google Summer of Code 2013 and more specifically want to
work on matrix module of sympy. I saw the ideas list and found two
points concerned with rewriting matrix module so that it's more like
polys module and the requirement of a cleaner organisation of matrix
module.

I wanted to know how are things going in matrix module and what are
the possible projects in Matrix module.

Thank you

Sincerely,

-Saurabh Jha

Stefan Krastanov

Mar 15, 2013, 9:18:57 AM3/15/13
to sy...@googlegroups.com
This is certainly an important project, however it is also rather
difficult. Moreover, there was some tangential work on sparse matrices
(and maybe symbolic matrix expressions) that must somehow be combined
in a coherent module.

Most importantly, there is some work done on that by Mateusz Paprocki
(mat...@gmail.com) that is not in a pull request form, so his
suggestions will probably be quite useful for you.