swfobject is not defined

gurugordon

Feb 26, 2008, 12:32:41 PM2/26/08
to SWFObject
Hi Guys

I'm hoping that someone can help out with the following. I've
installed FlowPlayer on a page on our site, and had it working fine.
Now I want to take the next step and upgrade to swfobject.js based
scripting. I've used 2.0 generator for my basic script - see
generated .<head> script below.

.<head>
<title></title>
charset=iso-8859-1" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/flowplayer/swfobject.js"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript">
swfobject.registerObject("myFlashContent", "9.0.0");
</script>
</head>

Howwever, when I run the page in Firefox, Firebug reports an error -
"swfobject is not defined". I have tried both relative and absolute
links to the swfobject.js file to no avail. I am sure that this is
down to
something extremely stupid on my part, but can anyone point me in the
right direction?

Gordon

gurugordon

Feb 26, 2008, 3:55:16 PM2/26/08
to SWFObject
OK, knew it was something stupid. Had an out-of-date version of
swfobject.js - no wonder it wouldn't work. All fixed now.
Doh!