IE width/height 100% not working

Blaney

Jun 15, 2010, 11:02:23 AM6/15/10
to SWFObject
I'm having trouble with swf object working correctly in IE. More
specifically I want to have the width and height automatically conform
to the what the size of the window the user is viewing the swf in is.

In Firefox and other browsers; I simply have 100% in both the width
and height values. Here is the code:

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {}
var params = {
base: ".",
allowfullscreen: "true",
bgcolor: "#000000"
}
var attributes = {}
swfobject.embedSWF("slideshow.swf", "flashcontent", "100%", "100%",
"9.0.0", false, flashvars, params, attributes);
</script>

However, this percentage value makes the flash file not load at all in
IE[7]. In order to get it to work in IE I need to put pixel values.
Is there a way around this that does not involve actionscript? (I
don't have access to the original .fla file.

Thank you for all responses.
-Blaney

Xander @ VideoFunk

Jun 15, 2010, 12:58:45 PM6/15/10
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
Try this:

http://www.thetechlabs.com/tutorials/flash/swfobject-and-best-practice-implementation/

This website helps you all the way. It worked for me on all browsers.

Philip Hutchison

Jun 16, 2010, 3:05:10 AM6/16/10
to swfo...@googlegroups.com