[SWAT-user:2223] how to use SRTM data in Arcswat

Smita Bodhankar

Apr 30, 2010, 5:08:24 AM4/30/10
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I am a new user of Arcswat. I want to delineate watershed from DEM. I have downloaded SRTM data, but the arcswat wants the data in grid format. I have tried converting the data in Arc GIs... using save as grid.. but it is not working.

Could anyone help?

Luca Casagrande

Apr 30, 2010, 10:29:56 AM4/30/10
to Smita Bodhankar, swat...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/30 Smita Bodhankar <smitabo...@gmail.com>:
> I am a new user of Arcswat. I want to delineate watershed from DEM. I have
> downloaded SRTM data, but the arcswat wants the data in grid format. I have
> tried converting the data in Arc GIs... using save as grid.. but it is not
> working.
>
> Could anyone help?

Using Gdal you should be able to convert the data:
http://www.gdal.org/

Bye
Luca

--
"Please consider the environment before printing this email."

Dott. Luca Casagrande
PhD Student
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile ed Ambientale
Sezione Idraulica Agraria e Forestale
Università degli Studi di Perugia
Borgo XX Giugno, 74,
06121 Perugia
Italy

Alansi

May 2, 2010, 11:01:17 AM5/2/10
to SWAT-user
I think SWAT directly use SRTM DEM, i did my work using SRTM data
directly without any editing.

U may chang the selection of DIM formate option while u work in SWAT
directly.

good luck.

civi

May 2, 2010, 11:26:45 AM5/2/10
to SWAT-user
Hello

I am using DEM data from other sources like ASTER DEM
http://www.gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/index.jsp

u can try to down load from the site and work on it

bye bye