“Save Trees, Save Environment, Save Yourself”

aravind vadlamudi

Jul 9, 2010, 1:22:32 AM7/9/10
to svechha...@googlegroups.com

“Save Trees, Save Environment, Save Yourself”

Plantation:

Svechha foundation was immensely elated to celebrate the World Environment Day on Jun 5th 2010. To protect ourselves from the concrete jungles surrounding us, for which the green patches have to be made over a period of time.

Jubilant crowd of volunteers and professionals from the corporate giants like Google, Microsoft and LGS also joined hands with us to make this event fruitful. With the help of GHMC, Svechha started plantation drive to mark the World Environment Day. President of Svechha inaugurated the program in KPHB 6th phase which was headed by the volunteers and program officers.

This is a message for all those who are reading this “now it’s time to get involved and help protect our environment. If you don’t have love for your environment, you cannot help to safeguard this country’s next generation”. So you must get involved, and you must have a green lifestyle. It is time to embrace the Movement and Action for Environment.

So plant trees, and take this as an opportunity to show the love for the environment.

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/svechha/TreePlantationAtOxygenParksWED#

It started at 7am in the morning and all the volunteers worked hard to finish it by 12.30p.m.

We planted plants in three parks. There was resistance in one of those small parks, they wanted the ground to be left free for playing and functions. Hence, we planted very few plants in the park.

Jul 6th 2010 – Field Check :

Our volunteer have been checking the plants regularly. We took few pictures yesterday. In two parks the plants are doing really well and in the park we had resistance, the locals have removed the plants. There are some things we cannot control and we were prepared to see this. We are happy to see the other plants growing well.