[SV City: 511] How it possible to request money from India in case of emergency ??

sachit

May 21, 2010, 11:08:10 PM5/21/10
to SV City
Hi ,

In earlier posts we had read that how one of our Indian friend and his
family suffered a lot due to unexpected medical emergency situation
and how they face problem to arrange the money in this case. Such kind
of emergency lack of money situation may occur with anybody
unexpectedly. To handle such a unexpected situation I would like to
ask:

1. Is it possible to request money from India ? ( Not hand carried by
a person from India )

2. How is should be done ?

3. If we had a Bank account here , is it possible to transfer from
bank in India to bank over here ( Thai Banks ) ?

4. If its possible , then how many days it can take to debit in the
bank here ?

5. Officially how much maximum amount can transfer ?

Regards ,

S.v Resident

Pushpinder Singh RANA

May 22, 2010, 10:45:11 PM5/22/10
to SV City
Western Union or money gram....although a bit expensive than normal
bank to bank transaction, makes sure money reaches the receiver with
in minutes anywhere in the world. At least during any sort of
emergency, it can be used.

Hope it helps.
Rana~

sharda shastry

May 22, 2010, 10:25:08 PM5/22/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
HI
It is recommended any NRI to have a NRE Savings a/c in India . Also if you are a regular money sender to India from any where in the world then advise always keep somemoney in USDollars as FCNR . Irrespective of this deposit for 1 yr or more , in case of emergency any where in the world , you can close this FCNR deposit & transfer the whole FCNR amt within 24hrs fromIndia ( yr a/c) to yr a/c anywhere in the world provided you have a/c with good private banks in India like Citibank , HSBC , ICICI, HDFC etc. Make a habit of first sending to India regularly any amt . so that this can be brought back when reqd . This is true & I have done this many times by using the amt in India whenever reqd . or transferred to Singapore for use there . For further clarifications can personally contact me .
All the best
SV Resident
--
Sherry

sharda shastry

May 22, 2010, 10:53:07 PM5/22/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
hi there's a limit of 1000$ per time at Western Union and very expensive.For small amounts its okay.
FYI

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Pushpinder Singh RANA <mrps...@gmail.com> wrote:
Western Union or money ram....although a bit expensive than normal

bank to bank transaction, makes sure money reaches the receiver with
in minutes anywhere in the world. At least during any sort of's

--
Sherry

Nirmal J Kumar

May 24, 2010, 12:31:41 AM5/24/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Better open an NRI account by which you will have
1.NRE account (External, should be deposited from overseas in other
currency)
2. NRO account (Others, should be deposited in india only by rupees)

For both the options you will have ATM cards which is affiliated by
Cirrus or Cashnet that means you can withdraw cash from any ATM where
you see these logos.

NRE account, you can withdraw cash from india and cash in any country
in their local currency.

NRO account you can only withdraw cash from India as Rupees.

However both these account can be linked if you have internet banking
for NRI account (Example: Citibank).
Bangkok Bank provides internet banking link direct from your Bangkok
Bank account to Any one bank in india, but this transfer takes about 3
days and there is little bit currency loss in exchange.

Getting this NRI account will take about 7 to 15 days time, I know guys
from Citibank Singapore to whom I could refer you to.

Regards

Nirmal

On Sun, 23 May 2010 08:40:58 +0530 wrote

wrote:

Western Union or money ram....although a bit expensive than normal

bank to bank transaction, makes sure money reaches the receiver with

in minutes anywhere in the world. At least during any sort of's

emergency, it can be used.

Hope it helps.

Rana~

J.Nirmal Kumar

Krish Rameshkumar

May 24, 2010, 12:51:27 AM5/24/10
to SV City
A small correction on Mr. Nirmal's post..

NRO account can be opened / operated from foreign also.

NRO is better than NRE in the way we can deposit INR amounts in India
also!

I am not sure about the procedure of bringing money from India to
Thailand. Whereas if you have NRO / NRE account with ICICI, you can
make a international funds transfer to your ICICI account using
Money2India quickly and fastly.

You've to create an account in money2india (ICICI bank's website) and
create a initiate a fund transfer to your account. In this case just
create the process stating that you are in USA.

You'll get a referrence number.

Just visit any Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn bank and make a telegraphic
transfer (T/T) to ICICI Bank's New York address (which will be
provided while you are initiating the transfer in the ICICI website).
In the referrence area, don't forget to put the M2I (Money to India)
referrence number. With in next working day, you will get the funds in
your account. Normally if I make the transfer in Bangkok by 2.30 PM,
the money get credited in my ICICI account on the next day by noon.

- Rameshkumar.K

Nirmal J Kumar

May 24, 2010, 3:36:53 AM5/24/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
NRO means Non Residents Ordinary/Others (The source of income from your
rent or interest or property or lease or dividends or share in india
.... from india can only be deposited in rupess)
I am 100% sure as I am using it and I cannot deposit any currency apart
from rupees and cannot deposit from anywhere (Only india)

You may check with Citi bank, as I am using it.
You cannot compare both NRE and NRO, 2 different purposes.

For more info on NRO :
http://www.nrirealtynews.com/nri-banking/nro-account.php

On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:16:08 +0530 wrote
J.Nirmal Kumar

Krish Rameshkumar

May 24, 2010, 3:49:56 AM5/24/10
to SV City
Dear Mr. Nirmal,

May I request you to check the citibank link you sent in your last
message?

Permissible Credits/Debits -

Credits -

Remittances from outside India through normal banking channels
received in freely convertible foreign currency.
Any freely convertible foreign currency can be deposited into the
account during the account holder's visit to India. Foreign currency
exceeding USD 5000/- or its equivalent in the form of cash has to be
supported by a Currency Declaration Form. Rupee funds must be
supported by an Encashment Certificate, if they are funds brought from
outside India.
Current income earned in India, such as rent, dividend, pension or
interest. Even proceeds from sale of assets including immovable
property acquired out of rupee or foreign currency funds or through
inheritance.
Debits -

All payments towards expenses and investments in India
Payment outside India of current income like rent, dividend, pension,
interest etc. in India of the account holder.
Repatriation up to USD One million, per calendar year, for all
bonafide purposes with the approval of the authorised dealer.

______________________________

So, in NRO account, cash from overseas / cash deposit in India - both
are allowed.

I'm a NRO account holder with ICICI bank for the past 15+ years. I am
sending money to my NRO account using Money2India only.

- Ramesh

Nirmal J Kumar

May 24, 2010, 4:02:11 AM5/24/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
NRO is better than NRE in the way we can
deposit INR amounts in India also!

This is 2 different purpose account, NRE & NRO are not same?
You cannot use your ATM card of NRO account in bangkok or any other
country for sure.

No point is arguing again with you sir.
I will not reply to this post again.

I remember the same old crab story about indians again 55555 hahahaah
i already posted this long back, for new comers here it is again.
http://www.indiamike.com/india/chai-and-chat-f73/indian-crabs-t10137/

Thanks

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:25:49 +0530 wrote
J.Nirmal Kumar

Nirmal J Kumar

May 24, 2010, 4:05:16 AM5/24/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
NRO is better than NRE in the way we can
deposit INR amounts in India also!

This is 2 different purpose account, NRE & NRO are not same?
You cannot use your ATM card of NRO account in bangkok or any other
country for sure.

No point is arguing again with you sir.
I will not reply to this post again.

I remember the same old crab story about indians again 55555 hahahaah
i already posted this long back, for new comers here it is again.
http://www.indiamike.com/india/chai-and-chat-f73/indian-crabs-t10137/

END..............

Thanks

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:32:25 +0530 wrote

Krish Rameshkumar

May 24, 2010, 4:18:28 AM5/24/10
to SV City
I am just clarifying that to NRO account also we can transfer funds
from overseas.

I dont really know what is the purpose of brining the crab story here.

Lol.

Nirmal J Kumar

May 24, 2010, 4:18:32 AM5/24/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
I heard that BRT was supposed to commence from 15th may and they had
planned free of cost run until 31st May. Now due to political turmoil
they changed the launch.
yesterday morning I saw a Orange bus in the BRT lane with red LED light
flashing "SATHON"

Can any one of you translate the below to english and reply to my
posting??

กทม.บริการฟรีBRTสาทร-ราชพฤกษ์15-31พค.
08 พฤษภาคม 2553 เวลา 15:47 น.

กทม.ให้บริการฟรีรถโดยสารด่วนพิเศษBRTสาทร-ราชพฤกษ์ ดีเดย์ 15-31พค.ตั้งแต่ 06.00-
24.00น.

กรุงเทพมหานครจะเปิดทดลองเดินรถโดยสารด่วนพิเศษ บีอาร์ที สายแรกในประเทศไทย สาทร-ราชพฤกษ์
โดยไม่เก็บค่าโดยสาร ตั้งแต่วันที่ 15 พฤษภาคม - 31 สิงหาคม นี้ ตั้งแต่เวลา 06.00-24.00 น.
ซึ่งนับเป็นรถด่วนพิเศษ บีอาร์ที สายแรกของประเทศไทย ตลอดระยะทางมี 12 สถานี ประกอบด้วย
1.สาทร 2.อาคารสงเคราะห์ 3.เย็นอากาศ 4.ถนนจันทน์ 5.นราราม 3 6.วัดด่าน 7.วัดปริวาส 8.วัด
ดอกไม้ 9. สะพานพระราม 9 10.เจริญราษฎร์ 11.สะพานพระราม 3 และ 12.ราชพฤกษ์ ระยะ
ทางรวมทั้งสิ้นประมาณ 15 กิโลเมตร โดยจะวิ่งในทางเฉพาะช่องจราจรขวาสุด เพื่อเลี่ยงจุดตัดกับถนนและ
ซอยต่างๆ สามารถเดินทางได้อย่างรวดเร็ว ปลอดภัย ในเวลาเพียงแค่ 30 นาที และมีรถให้บริการทุก 5
- 10 นาที โดยจะเปิดให้

J.Nirmal Kumar

SVCitian

May 24, 2010, 5:00:06 AM5/24/10
to SV City
Using Google Translate... we get the idea... until someone really can
do a proper translation.

QUOTE:

Free BRT Bangkok Sathorn - Ratchaphruek May 15-31.
May 8, 2553 15:47

Bangkok offers free bus express BRT Sathorn - Ratchaphruek D-Day May
15-31. From 06.00-.
24.00 am

Bangkok will open trial Express Bus Line Reactor T in Thailand.
Sathorn - Ratchaphruek.
The store does not fare From May 15 to August 31 this time from
06.00-24.00 hrs
This is the B express a special first line ART Thailand There are 12
stations throughout the consist.
1. Sathorn 2. Housing 3. Yen 4. Thanon Chan 5. Nara Ram 3 6. Dan 7.
Wat Priyrs 8. Temple
Flowers 9. Rama 9 10. Charoen Rat. 11. Rama 3 and 12. Ratchaphuek
term.
Total of about 15 km run in the far right lane only. To avoid the
roads and intersections.
Soi the ability to quickly secure travel at only 30 minutes and every
fifth car.
- 10 minutes to open.

QUOTE:

On May 24, 3:18 pm, "Nirmal J Kumar" <nirmaljku...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> I heard that BRT was supposed to commence from 15th may and they had
> planned free of cost run until 31st May. Now due to political turmoil
> they changed the launch.
> yesterday morning I saw a Orange bus in the BRT lane with red LED light
> flashing "SATHON"
>
> Can any one of you translate the below to english and reply to my
> posting??
>
> กทม.บริการฟรีBRTสาทร-ราชพฤกษ์15-31พค.
> 08 พฤษภาคม 2553 เวลา 15:47 น.
>
> กทม.ให้บริการฟรีรถโดยสารด่วนพิเศษBRTสาทร-ราชพฤกษ์ ดีเดย์ 15-31พค.ตั้งแต่ 06.00-
> 24.00น.
>
> กรุงเทพมหานครจะเปิดทดลองเดินรถโดยสารด่วนพิเศษ บีอาร์ที สายแรกในประเทศไทย สาทร-ราชพฤกษ์
> โดยไม่เก็บค่าโดยสาร ตั้งแต่วันที่ 15 พฤษภาคม - 31 สิงหาคม นี้ ตั้งแต่เวลา 06.00-24.00 น.
> ซึ่งนับเป็นรถด่วนพิเศษ บีอาร์ที สายแรกของประเทศไทย ตลอดระยะทางมี 12 สถานี ประกอบด้วย
> 1.สาทร 2.อาคารสงเคราะห์ 3.เย็นอากาศ 4.ถนนจันทน์ 5.นราราม 3 6.วัดด่าน 7.วัดปริวาส 8.วัด
> ดอกไม้ 9. สะพานพระราม 9   10.เจริญราษฎร์ 11.สะพานพระราม 3 และ 12.ราชพฤกษ์ ระยะ
> ทางรวมทั้งสิ้นประมาณ 15 กิโลเมตร โดยจะวิ่งในทางเฉพาะช่องจราจรขวาสุด เพื่อเลี่ยงจุดตัดกับถนนและ
> ซอยต่างๆ สามารถเดินทางได้อย่างรวดเร็ว ปลอดภัย ในเวลาเพียงแค่ 30 นาที และมีรถให้บริการทุก 5
> - 10 นาที โดยจะเปิดให้
>
> J.Nirmal Kumar

SVCitian

May 24, 2010, 5:19:54 AM5/24/10
to SV City
The whole point of this thread is...

How to request money from India to Overseas in case of Emergency...
and NOT from Overseas to India like we expats mostly care for...

I see that others have answered to this... already..

And, one key tip will be... it certainly helps knowing someone in the
country of your visit in case of emergency.. not necessarily a direct
friend.. even friend of a friend... will be great too.. so before you
pack up going to a new place.. it will be better to research this (and
make a note in the back of your mind) even though you may not really
need to contact them..

On May 24, 3:18 pm, Krish Rameshkumar <rameshkumar1...@gmail.com>