Who wants to be a superstar?

Zach Wahls

Jun 11, 2010, 5:17:49 PM6/11/10
to summer-of-solutio...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody, Zach here.  This Sunday, if you're planning on attending the potluck at Margaret Kearney's humble abode (6:00 pm!), we're going to be filming some of the videos that are going to be embedded on our website.  The most important one is the one on the home page, where we will more or less explain why we're doing what we're doing, who we are and why we care.

The video will feature the lot of us reading the same script, cutting to different people after each phrase.  This is the script:

"As young, growing Iowa City residents, we are vested stakeholders in our community.  Thus, we possess a significant interest in ensuring our living and development do not hinder the ability of future generations, and indeed our own, to enjoy a high standard of living.  To that end, we wish to foster a culture of sustainability.  For a hundred years, our country has sought to leave each generation better than the previous, but due to largely unforeseen consequences, that legacy of benevolence is in jeopardy.  We wish to revitalize it.  We seek a community built on social vibrancy, economic prosperity and ecological integrity.  We will grow local food, develop local commerce, petition local government, enrich local education and expand local culture.  We are motivated not just by a sense of responsibility towards those yet to come, but duty to each other to make tomorrow just a little bit better.  So this summer, we will listen.  We will engage.  We will watch.  We will learn.  We will come together.  I am "your name here."  And this, is Iowa City's Summer of Solutions."

If you want to be in the video (We want you to be!) we ask that you show up with the above blurb at least somewhat memorized (but if you don't, we'll have it on notecards) and that you have a plain white t-shirt.  Let me reiterate.  Plain.  White.  T-shirt.  We're just trying to get a consistent feel for the videos.  If you'd like to participate in any of the other videos, just shoot me an email (zach....@gmail.com) and I'll let you know what we need.

Thanks a bunch and we'll see you on Sunday!

Zach

Ruchira Laroia

Jun 11, 2010, 11:32:51 PM6/11/10
to summer-of-solutio...@googlegroups.com
I will be out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to make it to the potluck.  Sorry!

♥ DFTBA ☮,
Ruchira

Ruchira Laroia

Jun 15, 2010, 12:13:27 AM6/15/10
to summer-of-solutio...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am sorry to inform everyone that I can no longer be part of Summer of Solutions, as I simply do not have enough time to dedicate to this program. Between volunteering at the hospital, babysitting, work and family time, not to mention studying for the ACT and SAT, I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed. While I really do care about the environment, I want to give these issues a 100% dedication, and I feel that I cannot do that if I am spread too thin. Thanks for understanding, everyone.

Thanks again,
Ruchira