This is an experiment

Grant Rettke

Aug 24, 2008, 12:02:05 PM8/24/08
to Study-HTDP
Hi folks,

Most of us here are already programmers, or want to be. All of us are
going to give up time to work through HTDP. It is a sacrifice. How do
we know what will happen? Well, we don’t.

I think of this first group as being an experiment. We’re going to
find out what works and what doesn’t, we’re going to figure out who
might like something like this more than others, and most importantly
we’re going to get a good sense of what one learns on this path.

What I can tell you is that HTDP has excellent reviews, an excellent
track record in schools around the world, and most importantly
excellent authors who are really dedicated to teaching. That last part
is particularly important. It was written by teachers, not
programmers. They know how to teach; most of us don’t!

For me, that, combined both with my interest, and what I’ve seen so
far in the book, is enough.

This isn’t a learn programming in 21 days scam, fluff book on the
latest fad language, or the extended sermon of someone who makes his
money by talking and not doing much else.

This is an experiment, for programmers, and, I think it is going to
pay off pretty well.

Best wishes,

Grant Rettke