Activate/deactivate keyboard

Jitin

Dec 14, 2008, 7:01:39 PM12/14/08
to SteelAndroid
Hey Michael, as I've said before, you've done a wonderful job! Anyway,
do you think it would be possible/plausible to make the keyboard be
activated with a button (with a timer, perhaps?), instead of waiting
for a text box? Maybe clicking the trackball would activate it, you
type in url or text, hit enter key (on vk) and it's suppressed. If it
hasn't been used in, say 3-5 seconds, it will transition back down.
Let me know what you think.

Michael Kolb

Dec 14, 2008, 7:19:46 PM12/14/08
to steela...@googlegroups.com
The definite answer is: Maybe.
I would like to try that and test it for a while to see how it works, before releasing it.
I'm obviously still experimenting with how the UI should work to be fast, intuitive and not in the way.

Michael