Compile a share library

José Lorenzo

Sep 29, 2009, 12:26:13 PM9/29/09
to SQLCipher Users
Hi,

I'm trying to use SQLCipher to compile PHP with sqlite encryption
support, but I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how to
do it. I have managed to compile SQLCipher with no problems, but I
can't find the way to compile a shared library and reference it in the
PHP configure script.

Any hints in how I can do that?

José Lorenzo

Sep 29, 2009, 4:28:29 PM9/29/09
to SQLCipher Users
Ok,

I just did it, it wasn't so hard as I first Imagined. I just find the right configure options in php to compile with the external sqlite3 lib, and point the include dir to the sqlcipher install directory.

I just forgot to do the make install, oops.

Cheers!

Billy Gray

Sep 29, 2009, 5:13:07 PM9/29/09
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
Hi José,

Nice work! I hadn't had a chance to try this myself, glad to know it's building for you. I'm guessing your PHP code is going to have to use PRAGMA statements (as opposed to some binding to sqlite3_key and sqlite3_rekey), so I'd be curious to hear if you run into any issues.

Cheers,
Billy
--
Billy Gray
http://zetetic.net

José Lorenzo

Sep 29, 2009, 5:20:29 PM9/29/09
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Billy,

PHP 5.3 has support for sqlite3 libraries that have defined a sqlite3_key function, but for some reason I couldn't get it working, so I just had to use the PRAGMA key statement in order to decrypt the database. Tomorrow I will investigate if it is possible to get that function working. So far, everything thing is working niceley.

Thanks!