SQLCipher on android, question about stability.

55 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

abloc

no leída,
6 sept 2012, 11:51:50 a.m.6/9/12
para sqlc...@googlegroups.com

I am completely new to SQLCipher on Android and I have a very general question about the stability, and whether the github readme may just need an update?

The latest full description of the libraries there reads: "the Android support libraries in this release are still very much alpha quality, hence the Developer Preview label."  On the other hand, I see here that it is now on version 2.0.8 since then, so I imagine it must be stable? Can I safely assume that the github comment no longer applies and SQLCipher is actually ready for production use (if I am only targeting Android 2.3 and up)?

thanks-

Nick Parker

no leída,
6 sept 2012, 11:56:36 a.m.6/9/12
para sqlc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

Yes, we do need to update the README to reflect a more accurate description of the state of SQLCipher for Android.  It is stable, and there are several applications using it in production available on the Google Play store.  We have verified it's test suite on Android versions 2.1 through 4.0.3.  We have been running it successfully on 4.1 as well.  I will get a more accurate README file available soon.  Let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Nick Parker

Louis Fazen

no leída,
6 sept 2012, 12:02:23 p.m.6/9/12