API for private messages and incoming tracks / activity stream

Christian

Jan 3, 2012, 5:07:39 AM1/3/12
to SoundCloudAPI
Is it possible to get access to the following points over the api?

- Sending & Reciving Private Messages
- Stream for Activity on my tracks / incoming tracks & dashboard

Thanks

Christian

Johannes Wagener

Jan 3, 2012, 6:48:49 PM1/3/12
to soundc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Christian,

our messaging system is unfortunately not available via the API.
But the dashboard is accessible through the /me/activities endpoint.

The documentation for that is available here:
http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/me-activities

Johannes

> --

Johannes Wagener
Developer at SoundCloud
http://soundcloud.com/jwagener

ilias

Feb 5, 2012, 5:27:26 PM2/5/12
to SoundCloudAPI
Are there any plans to include private messages or perhaps at least
sending private messages to other users in the API? Is it on the
roadmap? This would be a really powerful feature for rich native
client apps and I would love to incorporate it into my iOS app. On the
other hand I can see the user privacy issues it might raise and if my
research is correct, it looks like Facebook had a similar feature in
their API and then pulled it due to privacy concerns.

Best,

Ilias

On Jan 3, 3:48 pm, Johannes Wagener <johan...@soundcloud.com> wrote:
> Hey Christian,
>
> ourmessagingsystem is unfortunately not available via the API.
> But the dashboard is accessible through the /me/activities endpoint.
>
> The documentation for that is available here:http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/me-activities
>
> Johannes
>

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Christian <wuethrich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to get access to the following points over the api?
>
> >  - Sending & Reciving Private Messages
> >  - Stream for Activity on my tracks / incoming tracks & dashboard
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Christian

Paul Osman

Feb 28, 2012, 11:11:48 PM2/28/12
to soundc...@googlegroups.com
ilias wrote:
> Are there any plans to include private messages or perhaps at least
> sending private messages to other users in the API? Is it on the
> roadmap? This would be a really powerful feature for rich native
> client apps and I would love to incorporate it into my iOS app. On the
> other hand I can see the user privacy issues it might raise and if my
> research is correct, it looks like Facebook had a similar feature in
> their API and then pulled it due to privacy concerns.
>
> Best,
>
> Ilias

I can definitely see the benefit. There are not any plans to add it to
the API at the moment, we'll definitely post here if that ever changes
though!

Cheers,
Paul