Socket.IO 0.8.0 with support for Firefox6 WebSockets and Chrome betas.

Guillermo Rauch

Aug 28, 2011, 7:40:14 PM8/28/11
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Server

0.8.0 / 2011-08-28
==================

  * Updated to work with two-level websocket versioning. [einaros]
  * Added hybi07 support. [einaros]
  * Added hybi10 support. [einaros]
  * Added http referrer verification to manager.js verifyOrigin. [einaors]

Client

0.8.0 / 2011-08-28
==================

  * Added MozWebSocket support (hybi-10 doesn't require API changes) [einaros].

Special thanks to Einar Otto Stangvik!

Note for NodeKO contestants: no.de is not able to proxy the new web socket protocol traffic correctly.

--
Guillermo Rauch
LearnBoost CTO

Szymon

Aug 29, 2011, 1:42:55 AM8/29/11
to Socket.IO
Hi,

I'm testing Firefox 6, and some of messages are not sent. I think
there is problem with unicode messages. Messages with ie. ś ć ó are
not sent. I've tested on stable "old" WS Chrome, and it works, as
always.

On 29 Sie, 01:40, Guillermo Rauch <rau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Server*
>
> 0.8.0 / 2011-08-28
> ==================
>
>   * Updated to work with two-level websocket versioning. [einaros]
>   * Added hybi07 support. [einaros]
>   * Added hybi10 support. [einaros]
>   * Added http referrer verification to manager.js verifyOrigin. [einaors]
>
> *Client*
>
> 0.8.0 / 2011-08-28
> ==================
>
>   * Added MozWebSocket support (hybi-10 doesn't require API changes)
> [einaros].
>
> Special thanks to Einar Otto Stangvik <http://github.com/einaros>!
>
> *Note for NodeKO contestants: *no.de is not able to proxy the new web socket

Szymon

Aug 29, 2011, 1:49:51 AM8/29/11
to Socket.IO
Hi again :P

And with beta Chrome there is (same) problem too.

no1youknowz

Aug 29, 2011, 5:19:24 AM8/29/11
to Socket.IO
Seems you guys are on a roll.

Any estimation on when these 2 are due for release?

- Full redis support
- Cluster plugin

Thanks

Guillermo Rauch