Socket.IO 0.9.0

Guillermo Rauch

Feb 27, 2012, 6:41:19 AM2/27/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Server

0.9.0 / 2012-02-26
==================

  * Make it possible to use a regexp to match the socket.io resource URL.
    We need this because we have to prefix the socket.io URL with a variable ID.
  * Supplemental fix to gavinuhma/authfix, it looks like the same Access-Control-Origin logic is needed in the http and xhr-polling transports
  * Updated express dep for windows compatibility.
  * Combine two substr calls into one in decodePayload to improve performance
  * Minor documentation fix
  * Minor. Conform to style of other files.
  * Switching setting to 'match origin protocol'
  * Revert "Fixes leaking Redis subscriptions for #663. The local flag was not getting passed through onClientDisconnect()."
  * Revert "Handle leaked dispatch:[id] subscription."
  * Merge pull request #667 from dshaw/patch/redis-disconnect
  * Handle leaked dispatch:[id] subscription.
  * Fixes leaking Redis subscriptions for #663. The local flag was not getting passed through onClientDisconnect().
  * Prevent memory leaking on uncompleted requests & add max post size limitation
  * Fix for testcase
  * Set Access-Control-Allow-Credentials true, regardless of cookie
  * Remove assertvarnish from package as it breaks on 0.6
  * Correct irc channel
  * Added proper return after reserved field error
  * Fixes manager.js failure to close connection after transport error has happened
  * Added implicit port 80 for origin checks. fixes #638
  * Fixed bug #432 in 0.8.7
  * Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to origin to enable withCredentials
  * Adding configuration variable matchOriginProtocol
  * Fixes location mismatch error in Safari.
  * Use tty to detect if we should add colors or not by default.
  * Updated the package location.

Client

0.9.0 / 2012-02-26
==================

[...]

What's next

1.0 is right around the corner, which features our next-generation realtime core, Engine.IO.
The 0.9 branch will only receive maintenance updates to ensure maximum stability.

--
Guillermo Rauch
LearnBoost CTO

Vedratna Velani

Feb 27, 2012, 7:33:09 AM2/27/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
I think some mistake on client release notes, by mistake server release notes are pasted there :)

Thanks,
Ved

Guillermo Rauch

Feb 27, 2012, 7:37:45 AM2/27/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Oops, here go the right ones!

0.9.0 / 2012-02-26
==================

  * Added DS_Store to gitignore.
  * Updated depedencies.
  * Bumped uglify
  * Tweaking code so it doesn't throw an exception when used inside a WebWorker in Firefox
  * Do not rely on Array.prototype.indexOf as it breaks with pages that use the Prototype.js library.
  * Windows support landed
  * Use @einaros ws module instead of the old crap one
  * Fix for broken closeTimeout and 'IE + xhr' goes into infinite loop on disconnection
  * Disabled reconnection on error if reconnect option is set to false
  * Set withCredentials to true before xhr to fix authentication
  * Clears the timeout from reconnection attempt when there is a successful or failed reconnection.
    This fixes the issue of setTimeout's carrying over from previous reconnection
    and changing (skipping) values of self.reconnectionDelay in the newer reconnection.
  * Removed decoding of parameters when chunking the query string.
    This was used later on to construct the url to post to the socket.io server
    for connection and if we're adding custom parameters of our own to this url
    (for example for OAuth authentication) they were being sent decoded, which is wrong.

And as usual, thanks go to everyone who contributed patches and feedback!

Brian Gruber

Feb 27, 2012, 12:06:15 PM2/27/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Awesome job. Switched over luckyorange.com today without a hitch. I'm monitoring the memory leak issues I had in the past with the newer node version and socket 0.8.7, so far doesn't seem to be leaking, but I'll keep you posted.

- Brian
--
Regards,

Brian Gruber

Real time visitor analytics, chat, heatmaps & polls.

Brian Gruber

Feb 27, 2012, 3:27:32 PM2/27/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Still has the memory leak for me in node 0.6.*

Had to go back to 0.4.12 :(

Pavel Sakun

Feb 28, 2012, 12:20:23 PM2/28/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Great job, Guillermo! Thank you for this awesome library and your efforts for bringing in to life.

Is there any chance to take a look at early-access version of engine.io based socket.io v 1.0?

Pavel.
--
Best regards.
Pavel.

Guillermo Rauch

Feb 28, 2012, 12:21:12 PM2/28/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
There will be an alpha out very soon, right after 0.9.1

ערן בייצ'ר

May 30, 2012, 5:56:21 AM5/30/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Awsome job guys,

But I have a problem sometimes when I create a connection I get "warn invalid sockt key". and the connection is fail
This is happenning once after few connections it happend again...

the connection is from objective C client calls: https://github.com/erichocean/cocoa-websocket

any help about this??