Reminder: SoCalAndroid Hack Night Tonight (05/02)

Jeffrey Peacock

May 2, 2012, 2:16:17 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com, oc...@ocjug.org

We're meeting tonight, Wednesday, 7:00pm @ Smart-Soft.

SPEAKER:
Jim Turner will be giving a brief presentation on his experiences
implementing C2DM (Cloud 2 Device Messaging) into his Android apps.

NOTICE:
This is our last meeting until June 6th. I am on an extended vacation
-- sailing and diving from Antigua to Tortola until June 3rd, OR hiding
in port from early hurricanes induced by liberal media elite fictitious
global warming.

If you're coming PLEASE(!) RSVP, there's also pizza and we need to know
how much to get.

/J

*****
Stop by and learn about Android and/or bring your Android problems.
PLEASE BRING YOUR LAPTOP. We can help you best this way, and if you've
not yet setup an Android development environment we can help you with
that and get you started with your first application.

Pizza:
We serve pizza at our meetings -- the nutrition of hackers world wide,
and the only time I get to eat pizza. I can't tell you where we're
going to get it from. Usually it is Lamppost Pizza, but sometimes I
grow weary of stopping to pick up the pizza on the way, so we might just
use our phones to order something online. We'll try to remember the
little pepper packets.

Please RSVP so I know how much pizza to bring or order. If you indicate
you're going to attend then please show up, there are slices allocated
to you.

******************

o We meet at the SmartSoft location in Irvine. Doors open @ around
18:45 and we stay until we're all tired (which is usually around 9:30).
Smart-Soft <http://www.smart-soft.com/>
18006 Sky Park Circle
Suite 207
Irvine, CA 92614
(866) 596-6806 Toll Free
(714) 948-2145 Fax

o Beginners are welcome.
o If you have an Android device please bring it.
o There's free Wifi.

Paul Verger

May 2, 2012, 2:24:20 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com
Won't be there tonight.  Jeffrey, say hi to the fish!

Jeffrey Peacock

May 2, 2012, 2:34:58 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com, oc...@ocjug.org

1/2 the pizza is always just plain cheese.

/J

On 05/02/2012 11:24 AM, Rohit Nahar wrote:
Count me in.

If there is preference in pizza - Veg or cheese will do. Thanks in advance :)

Rohit Nahar

Tumblr | LinkedIn

Jeffrey Peacock

May 2, 2012, 2:38:20 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com, oc...@ocjug.org

Don't hate me because I am beautiful. It's been so long since I had a
proper vacation I have forgotten how to spell it.

It's the perfect opportunity for the Google hit team -- Google Team Six
-- to catch me out in the open.

/J

On 05/02/2012 11:32 AM, Martin Hubert wrote:
> Nice going Jeff -- make us all jealous. Sailing and Diving sounds great

Jeffrey Peacock

May 2, 2012, 4:47:00 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com, oc...@ocjug.org

TEKSystems?

If you're coming to farm us for bodies perhaps you should bring the
pizza? The scotch? The dessert? The cards you guys hand out are a
little dry.

/J

On 05/02/2012 01:13 PM, Reyes, Carlo Antonio wrote:
> RSVP yes. Looking forward to pizza...
>

> Carlo Reyes, TEKsystems
> 100 Bayview Circle, Suite 3400, Newport Beach, CA 92660 - Orange County Office
> 888.818.9699 T 949.417.4870
> F 949.417.4893 M 562.688.0762
> 11801 Pierce Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92505 - Inland Empire Office
> T 951.710.3164 F 951.710.3296
>

> http://www.linkedin.com/in/carloreyes1075
> The greatest compliment to our business is a referral. If you know of someone within the IT and/or Telecom industry who is looking for work or IT services, TEKsystems can be of assistance. Please feel free to pass on our contact information. Thank you!

Chris Melby

May 2, 2012, 6:01:22 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com
I should be there, but a bit late.

Jeffrey Peacock

May 2, 2012, 6:11:32 PM5/2/12
to socal-...@googlegroups.com, oc...@ocjug.org

And you'll be bringing your laptop to show us your development efforts?

/J

On 05/02/2012 01:59 PM, Reyes, Carlo Antonio wrote:

Great feedback…I’ll stop making fun of our marketing team and the new colorful logo they are coming out with.

I’ll bring dessert!