dare I wear a two-piece?

1 view

Late Rain

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Hey all,
I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece bathing
suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!
I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does stick out quite a bit
and I have "rolls" in the back. My stomach bulges the most when I sit down in
it; however, the idea is that I will be in the water (in motion) or lying down.
My skinny roommate (who is not pro-fat by any stretch of the imagination!)
would probably be having conniptions if I wore it, but I'm not out to impress
him at all.I just wonder if I'm ready to expose my "bulges" to the world?
One thing that's making me think I can do it--
My thighs look worse to me than any part of my stomach/back does.
Please all share your thoughts on this! positive or negative, I don't care!
I think I'm gonna do it . . . for better or worse, I've seen worse things on
the beach!!!
Thanks in advance for your *honest* input!!!!
Rain

Rhondahead

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On Wed, May 27, Rain wrote:

>I put a black two-piece bathing
>suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!

Rain,

Wear your suit and don't give it a second thought.

A couple years ago, some friends and I went to the Bahamas. I had major
anxiety about wearing my suit. (Especially since my friends are slender and
attractive). I went ahead, and was surprised how little anyone seemed to notice
or care. No one stared, or said anything to me, and I loved the delicious feel
of the sun and air on the exposed areas of my body.

This experience was a major step for me in feeling more comfortable with myself
at my size. I look at pictures from that trip and think how attractive and tan
and normal I look. I'm just a happy, sun-kissed person at the beach, with
happy tanned stomach rolls.

Since then, I've decided that by wearing my suit, I demonstrated a level of
comfort with myself that sent a positive message to my friends and others.
While I am all for good taste, and dressing to compliment one's features, I
also feel trying too hard to disguise my fat gives the message that being fat
is not OK. By wearing my suit, I feel I gave myself and my friends
"permission" to like how I looked.

Your suit sounds fabulous! I say, wear it with a happy heart!

Rhonda

Miche and Dave

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article <199805280237...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
late...@aol.com (Late Rain) wrote:

> Hey all,
> I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece

bathing
> suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!

> I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does stick out quite a bit
> and I have "rolls" in the back. My stomach bulges the most when I sit down in
> it; however, the idea is that I will be in the water (in motion) or
lying down.
> My skinny roommate (who is not pro-fat by any stretch of the imagination!)
> would probably be having conniptions if I wore it, but I'm not out to impress
> him at all.I just wonder if I'm ready to expose my "bulges" to the world?
> One thing that's making me think I can do it--
> My thighs look worse to me than any part of my stomach/back does.
> Please all share your thoughts on this! positive or negative, I don't care!
> I think I'm gonna do it . . . for better or worse, I've seen worse things on
> the beach!!!
> Thanks in advance for your *honest* input!!!!

Do it. You'll kill yourself with 'what-ifs' if you don't. And it would
be a shame for you to have such a cool swimsuit and never use it!

Miche

--
dhmec at albatross dot co dot nz
You say Chaos like it's a _bad_ thing!

bjc...@my-dejanews.com

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

late...@aol.com (Late Rain) wrote:

> Hey all,
> I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece
bathing
> suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!
> I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does stick out quite a
> bit

-snip-

I say go for it. It has been a long time since I wore a 2 piece suit. First
time was when I was 9 and I was really embarrassed when I first wore it out in
public because it was the first time I noticed that skinny little me had a
(relative for my size) great big tummy. Once I realized the other folks on the
ship were paying attention to each other and not to me, I didn't have any
problems with it. I got another one when I was in Jr High. I really liked it,
but never fall asleep next to the pool after using only baby oil for tanning.
I cooked up real nice. I don't buy 2 pieces anymore, for the most part I tend
to fall out of the top when I splash around too much. I actually prefer not to
wear a suit, but there are very few places around here where one can go au
natural. I esp hate sitting around in a wet suit, but I am now shopping around
for one as my old one is starting to have seen better days. There is a really
adorable one on the cover of the June/July Mode, but I can't bring myself to
pay 80 someodd dollars for one.

Jean C
http://www.uidaho.edu/~bjcraw/

Noel Lynne Figart (aka neko-chan)

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On 28 May 1998 02:37:16 GMT, late...@aol.com (Late Rain) wrote:

>Hey all,
>I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece bathing
>suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!
>I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does stick out quite a bit

>and I have "rolls" in the back. My stomach bulges the most when I sit down in
>it; however, the idea is that I will be in the water (in motion) or lying down.
>My skinny roommate (who is not pro-fat by any stretch of the imagination!)
>would probably be having conniptions if I wore it, but I'm not out to impress
>him at all.I just wonder if I'm ready to expose my "bulges" to the world?
>One thing that's making me think I can do it--
>My thighs look worse to me than any part of my stomach/back does.
>Please all share your thoughts on this! positive or negative, I don't care!
>I think I'm gonna do it . . . for better or worse, I've seen worse things on
>the beach!!!

I happen to have a hate on for the concept of bathing suits
anyway.....

They just aren't attractive on a large woman. Nudity would really
look a lot better (besides that silly idea of putting on clothes to
SWIM in, fer gossake)!

That aside, I rarely wore a two piece, even when I was smaller. You
can't body surf in the damned things without breaking indecent
exposure laws. I usually wear something close in style to a racing
bathing suit (though showing at least a little cleavage -- I'm
spathic). But if you want to wear a two piece, wear one. Be prepared
to slap the hell out of any loud-mouths who don't like you wearing
one.

---
Noël, Axe of the BABs, Mum to King of the Babies
and She who truly Groks Coffee.

http://welcome.to/patterndrafting

AOL Instant Messenger NoelFigart
ICQ# 3479805

kbee

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Noel Lynne Figart (aka neko-chan) <noel...@erols.com> wrote in article
<356d5fb2...@news.erols.com>...
[snippage]

> I happen to have a hate on for the concept of bathing suits
> anyway.....

Well, I gotta agree with that. Seems to me at least half of the times
bathing suits are called for, nude would be a whole lot better. Wish the
States weren't so hung up on this.

> Be prepared to slap the hell out of any loud-mouths who don't like you
> wearing one.

Don't know about this. I'm a 26/28, and have worn a two-piece exclusively
for swimming for at least eight years now. I've not had a single bad
experience when wearing it, and quite a few "votes of confidence" from men
who found me attractive in it. (Yes, I have the same poochy tummy and love
handles.) In my experience, the bully bigots are 1) too chicken s*** to go
swimming in public, 2) too busy worried about how they look, or 3) too
intimidated by a woman who obviously doesn't care what they think. As
others have stated, you won't be the only person out there who doesn't look
like an android built by Sports Illustrated. I say go for it. Just don't
forget the sunblock!

--
( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( o^o'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kell Brigan
kb...@midtown.net
Sacramento, California, USA

JPOO128

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

I have a girlfriend who is a SSBBW (about a size 32) who looks really marvelous
in her 2 piece suit.

I would have never dared try it before seeing her - but now I'm reconsidering
the notion.

Joan
I wear non-conformity like a badge of honor.....

Maximum Woman

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On 28 May 1998, kbee wrote:

> Don't know about this. I'm a 26/28, and have worn a two-piece
> exclusively for swimming for at least eight years now.

Is this occasional recreational swimming, or regular exercise swimming?
I'm resuming exercise swimming when I start my new job (on-campus pool,
woohoo!) and I was considering buying a two-piece suit, if such a suit
would be practical for very physical swimming. I'm worried in particular
about the top--I'm a D-cup and I don't want the top to be either coming
too far down or riding too far up and thus pushing me out the neckline.

> I've not had a single bad experience when wearing it, and quite a few
> "votes of confidence" from men who found me attractive in it. (Yes, I
> have the same poochy tummy and love handles.) In my experience, the
> bully bigots are 1) too chicken s*** to go swimming in public, 2) too
> busy worried about how they look, or 3) too intimidated by a woman who
> obviously doesn't care what they think.

Sounds logical. Far more likely than a nasty taunt is the well-meant "The
swimming must be working, you look like you've lost a few pounds!" Have a
cheerful "No, I think I've gained some actually, and I do feel great,
thank you!" ready.

> As others have stated, you won't be the only person out there who
> doesn't look like an android built by Sports Illustrated. I say go for
> it. Just don't forget the sunblock!

Oh god yes. I agree wholeheartedly with the people here who've posted
about the joys of nudity for this sort of thing, but my naked hot-tubbing
left me with sunburn on my breasts and my stomach that hurt like a
bastard. It had been SO long since I'd had to worry about getting them
burnt, I just totally forgot about sunblock.

Good things,

Maximum Woman

I <heart> my vanity site, I hope you do too! http://www.op.net/~maxwoman
To email, remove the thing from my address about spammers and baby seals.

Maximum Woman

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On 28 May 1998, Late Rain wrote:

> I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece
> bathing suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I
> dare wear it?! I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does
> stick out quite a bit and I have "rolls" in the back. My stomach bulges
> the most when I sit down in it; however, the idea is that I will be in
> the water (in motion) or lying down. My skinny roommate (who is not
> pro-fat by any stretch of the imagination!) would probably be having
> conniptions if I wore it, but I'm not out to impress him at all.I just
> wonder if I'm ready to expose my "bulges" to the world? One thing that's
> making me think I can do it-- My thighs look worse to me than any part
> of my stomach/back does. Please all share your thoughts on this!
> positive or negative, I don't care! I think I'm gonna do it . . . for

> better or worse, I've seen worse things on the beach!!! Thanks in
> advance for your *honest* input!!!! Rain

Rain, put on that suit and have a GREAT time! Your nervousness is
perfectly natural--you are doing something you have always been told you
shouldn't do, and you are expecting a backlash. The first time is the
hardest in something like that, and it will get easier the more you do it.
Occasionally you WILL get a rude remark, but it won't be epidemic and I
doubt it'll even be anything especially cutting or intelligent.

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes. I hope your experiences are as
positive as we think they'll be.

Miche and Dave

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article <356d5fb2...@news.erols.com>, noel...@erols.com (Noel

Lynne Figart (aka neko-chan)) wrote:

> That aside, I rarely wore a two piece, even when I was smaller. You
> can't body surf in the damned things without breaking indecent
> exposure laws. I usually wear something close in style to a racing
> bathing suit (though showing at least a little cleavage -- I'm
> spathic).

I also like racing suits, as I have very narrow shoulders and need a racer
or cross-over back. They're usually way cheaper than 'fashion' suits,
too.

BTW, what's 'spathic'?

Mabray44

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

If anybody has seen the Love Your Peaches catalog, Janelle, the owner, models
her own thong 2-piece with this cute little skirt. She looks so hot!!!! Just
looking at the picture and the confidence she exudes...welll....go for it Rain.
-Mary Ann

"Life's too mysterious. Don't take it so serious"
Mother to Jasper, Mattie, and Ayla...the coolest cats in the world.

Atalanta Pendragonne

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On 28 May 1998 22:51:43 GMT, dh...@address.in.sig (Miche and Dave)
wrote:

>BTW, what's 'spathic'?
>
>Miche

Having good cleavage!

Atalanta Pendragonne

http://www.flash.net/~susan0/-Atalanta's Bookshelf * http://www.geocities.com/soho/2273 - Mother of serpents

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

kbee

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Maximum Woman <maxw...@op.net> wrote in article
<Pine.SUN.3.96.980528...@monet.op.net>...

> On 28 May 1998, kbee wrote:
>
> > Don't know about this. I'm a 26/28, and have worn a two-piece
> > exclusively for swimming for at least eight years now.
>
> Is this occasional recreational swimming, or regular exercise swimming?
> I'm resuming exercise swimming when I start my new job (on-campus pool,
> woohoo!) and I was considering buying a two-piece suit, if such a suit
> would be practical for very physical swimming. I'm worried in particular
> about the top--I'm a D-cup and I don't want the top to be either coming
> too far down or riding too far up and thus pushing me out the neckline.

I've actually got two tops for the same suit, for just that reason. The
original is a string deal that works well for sitting in the hot tub
drinking wine coolers, but does not offer realiable support for anything
else. The other is a reincarnated "sports top" (a bra without hooks in a
nice pattern, with a racer back designed to be worn in public.) I heartily
agree with the recommendation to the try out Junonia's catalog -- they
offer very substantial two-piece tops that should hold up well.

Have fun, everybody! *Splash!*

KerriLynn

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

mabr...@aol.com (Mabray44) wrote:

>If anybody has seen the Love Your Peaches catalog, Janelle, the owner, models
>her own thong 2-piece with this cute little skirt. She looks so hot!!!! Just
>looking at the picture and the confidence she exudes...welll....go for it Rain.
>-Mary Ann

EXACTLY... which is why I bought a thong from her and 2 tops and a
regular bottom... tho I must admit, I have as yet worn the thong in
public, the rest of the 2-piece suits I am wearing almost exclusively
;-)

;-) smile, I always do! KerriLynn

05/01/98 NEW ADDRESS:
http://www.sexybbws.com

YES, I'm Fat!so? I'm Fat!SeXy!so? I'm Fat!SeXy!Confident!So?

AVOIDING SPAM: To email: sexykitn at primenet dot com

Noel Lynne Figart (aka neko-chan)

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

wrote:

>In article <356d5fb2...@news.erols.com>, noel...@erols.com (Noel

>Lynne Figart (aka neko-chan)) wrote:
>
>> That aside, I rarely wore a two piece, even when I was smaller. You
>> can't body surf in the damned things without breaking indecent
>> exposure laws. I usually wear something close in style to a racing
>> bathing suit (though showing at least a little cleavage -- I'm
>> spathic).
>
>I also like racing suits, as I have very narrow shoulders and need a racer
>or cross-over back. They're usually way cheaper than 'fashion' suits,
>too.
>

>BTW, what's 'spathic'?

<evil grin> It's a geologist's term meaning, "having good cleavage".
---
Noėl, Axe of the BABs, Mum to King of the Babies

Sherry L Anderson

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Maximum Woman (maxw...@op.net) wrote:

: Is this occasional recreational swimming, or regular exercise swimming?

: I'm resuming exercise swimming when I start my new job (on-campus pool,
: woohoo!) and I was considering buying a two-piece suit, if such a suit
: would be practical for very physical swimming. I'm worried in particular
: about the top--I'm a D-cup and I don't want the top to be either coming
: too far down or riding too far up and thus pushing me out the neckline.

I've never ever considered a two-piece and this is one of the reasons. I
can't just be in the water. I have to swim - do laps - and I can't
imagine that a two-piece would be very pratical. Reason number two is
that I don't want to the amount of skin exposed to the sun at a minimum.

I went shopping for a new suit just yesterday. The store (Additionelle)
did have a two piece, but I was interested in one pieces with a t- or
y-back. I did find a lovely suit and it wasn't one I would have expected
to buy - it's flowered, 2 shades of blue and purple -- this on the chick
who lives in black. lol

\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/
Sherry Anderson We are made to fight
Mad Scientist and fuck and talk and fight again
Philosopher Chick and sit around and laugh
Bitch Extraordinaire until we choke
sand...@uoguelph.ca -a.d.
/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\

Miche and Dave

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

> On 28 May 1998, Late Rain wrote:
>
> > I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece
> > bathing suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I
> > dare wear it?! I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does
> > stick out quite a bit and I have "rolls" in the back.

Another thought on this...

The fact that black two-piece suits _exist_ in your size means that
_someone_ out there (the designer) expects fat women to look good in
them. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes, I say!

Joyce Long

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Go ahead and wear it.

A while back I saw a catalog ad for a two piece that had the bottom cut in
kind of a skort; I liked this because my tummy is my worst feature (I had
nerve/muscle damage due to the emergency C section when my daughter was born
and have very little muscle tone).

Needless to say, I misplaced it. Has anyone seen something like this in
about a 22?

Joyce

Late Rain wrote in message
<199805280237...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>Hey all,

>I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece
bathing
>suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear
it?!
>I don't MIND how I look in it; however, my stomach does stick out quite a
bit

Late Rain

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

>The fact that black two-piece suits _exist_ in your size means that
>_someone_ out there (the designer) expects fat women to look good in
>them.

Thanks, Miche = )
That's exactly what my one roommate asked when I told him what I was planning
to do--he's like, "that store is carrying a two-piece?"
I think he was a little taken aback--all the more reason for me to buy it,
don'tcha think?
BTW, thanks so much to everyone who responded! I think I'm gonna do it!!!
Rain

Gormand830

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

I think you should try to feel comfortable in your two piece suit. Swimmers
come in all shapes and sizes and actually, your shape would impress me more
than those bony girls.

Jonathan Kobler

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to add my 2 cents worth (if it's worth that).

Wear that two peice, wear one peice of it (just don't get caught), wear whatever
the hell you want, and if anyone of those booger-eating morons still programmed
by our image-fixated, sexist media gives you lip, you look at them and say,
"Yeah, so what's your point?" In fact, if they have a point, keep saying that,
because they may be too stupid for real dialog, if they're capable of responding
to your direct retort at all.

Personally I think confidence and attitude can be sexy in any swimsuit.

Gormand830 wrote:

--
Jonathan Kobler -

http://www.hsv.tis.net/~jkobler/
http://www.hsv.tis.net/~jkobler/synesthesia/
jko...@traveller.com

DCGoddess

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>> I think you should try to feel comfortable in your two piece suit.
>Swimmers
>> come in all shapes and sizes and actually, your shape would impress me more
>> than those bony girls.

I mentioned to my 15 year-old daughter the other day that I saw two-piece
swimsuits in my size (I wear between a 28-32 in clothes) in one of the recent
catalogs, and how tempted I was to order one. Her response was "Oh, I figured
that you always could buy one in your size but you just liked one-pieces." It
had never even occured to her that retailer's wouldn't make and sell fat women
two piece swimsuits.

My daughter seems to have a wonderfully healthy attitude about food and
exercise. I've never stressed body weight as an important end result - just
eat when you are hungry and don't when you aren't, and move around. (Those of
us with pasts that include being obsessed with diets and food know how great it
is to get to this point, where "what can I eat today?" doesn't rule your whole
world.) Anyway, my daughter doesn't diet, isn't obsessed with numbers on a
scale as I was in high school, doesn't starve herself, doesn't pig out, etc.
And she participates in stuff she like to do, whether it be roller skating,
walking around the mall, volleyball, swimming, whatever. So she has
successfully avoided the yo-yo syndrome and maintains a size 9 and I'm happy
for her because all of us will admit that life *is* easier when you're not fat.
At her age I was literally fasting for days at a time, counting every calorie,
weighing myself five time a day, killing myself to fit into a size I wasn't
meant to be and miserable every day because of it.

Anyway, so I was telling her about these swimsuits and she was encouraging me
to get one if I wanted, and then I mentioned that they make *thongs* in my
size. She got this horrified look on her face and stated that she wouldn't be
seen in public with me if I got a thong. I gave her a shocked look - I took
this to be a weight issue perhaps at first instinct, and she immediately
corrected me. She said "Come on Mom, I'd say the same thing no matter how fat
or thin you were! Thongs are tacky, and *mothers* just don't wear those
things!" How great it is to have her see me as normal as any other mom and
hardly ever give my unusually large size a second thought.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by feeling proud of the way I have passed on
the message to my daughter and kept her from repeating my mistakes, which I
believe destroyed whatever decent metabolism I had at one time. Be assured
that she accepts people of all sizes, and she especially was happy and
supportive of me when I modeled for Dimensions magazine a few years back. She
took the issue to her friends and I overheard her saying that she thought it
was cool that her mom was a "covergirl" and didn't I look great? And there was
not a single snide comment from those teenage girls about how big my thighs are
or how much I weigh (which was in the first paragraph of the article).

DC.... helping spread the size-acceptance message to the next generation!

Missualrdy

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>How great it is to have her see me as normal as any other mom and<BR>
>hardly ever give my unusually large size a second thought.<BR>
><BR>

>I hope I haven't offended anyone by feeling proud of the way I have passed
>on<BR>

>the message to my daughter and kept her from repeating my mistakes

This is a great post ... as someone with plenty of issues about
my own late mom, I really enjoyed reading a little snippet of
your own mom/daughter relationship. How blessed you both are!!
Peace! ;-)

Larisa Migachyov

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

Late Rain wrote thus:

Hey all,
I think I need some moral support or something. I put a black two-piece bathing
suit on layaway at LB today. Now is the question of whether I dare wear it?!

Go for it! If you like the way two-piece swimsuits feel, why not wear
one? I think that a happy, confident-looking woman will look good in
anything - and it is nice to expose one's stomach to the sun and the
breeze. After all, what you choose to put on your body is your business
and your business alone - it is your right to wear what you want to wear.

<I'm just visiting here; hope I haven't offended anyone by my posting>

Larisa Migachyov * Quant'e bella giovinezza
Biomedical Engineering * Che si fugge tuttavia!
Stanford University * Chi vuol esser lieto, sia;
http://www.stanford.edu/~lvm * Di doman non c'e certezza.