Crowd estimates for KKK/Nazi 9/12 rally lowered from 2 million to 20,000

Harry Hope

Sep 11, 2009, 10:35:23 PM9/11/09

�Now, based off of news reports and comments from leaders in the Tea
Party movement, it looks like Saturday�s event is going to be a huge
gathering, estimates ranging from hundreds of thousands to two million
people,� Doug Thornell, communications director for Rep. Chris Van
Hollen (D., Md.), wrote in a short memo to other congressional
offices.

He provided links to claims of massive turnout made internally by
supporters of the rally.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/09/11/managing-expectations-crowd-size-for-dc-rally-sparks-fight/

September 11, 2009

Managing Expectations: Crowd Size for D.C. Rally Sparks Fight

Naftali Bendavid reports on Congress.

Conservative activists who organized the antitax �tea parties� and
confrontations with lawmakers at town hall meetings are coming to
Washington Saturday morning, holding a rally at the Capitol in an
effort to prove that their movement against �big government� amounts
to a widespread national uprising.

That has led to a battle over crowd expectations, of the sort that
inevitably characterize Washington marches.

Organizers are playing down the likely attendance�publicly, at
least�hoping the crowd will be enormous and surprise the public with
the magnitude of the movement�s appeal.

A spokesman for FreedomWorks, one of the groups organizing the march,
said a conservative estimate was that 20,000 to 30,000 protestors
would show up.

Internally, though, supporters are trying to build excitement by
predicting a stunning turnout.

Should be interesting.

Harry

buzz

Sep 12, 2009, 1:58:30 AM9/12/09
Harry Hope wrote:
Crowd estimates for KKK/Nazi 9/12 rally lowered from 2 million to 20,000

Gee Hairy, I didn't think any left wingnuts were going to attend.

Simple-minded dummycrats (the lying Nazi party that birthed the KKK) and
liberals...lying morons electing lying morons.

Ga...@comcast.net

Sep 12, 2009, 2:23:28 AM9/12/09

"buzz" <bu...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

does that make some sense in that hillbilly fairy tale world where you
inbred, nascar watching,
losers and failures live?

Obama Lies, America Dies

Sep 12, 2009, 9:53:04 AM9/12/09
Census Bureau Drops Acorn From 2010 Effort
“It is clear that Acorn’s affiliation with the 2010 census promotion
has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become
a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement
to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts,” Mr.
Groves wrote.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/12/us/politics/12acorn.html
Harry Homo And Her Democretin "Partners" Being Driven To Suicide By A
Tiny Insignificant Minority Party Composed Only Of White Males And Old
White Grannies And Gun Nuts And Rednecks And Geezers - HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
On Sep 11, 10:35 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> “Now, based off of news reports and comments from leaders in the Tea

> Party movement, it looks like Saturday’s event is going to be a huge
> gathering, estimates ranging from hundreds of thousands to two million
> people,” Doug Thornell, communications director for Rep. Chris Van
> Hollen (D., Md.), wrote in a short memo to other congressional
> offices.
>
> He provided links to claims of massive turnout made internally by
> supporters of the rally.
>
> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/09/11/managing-expectations-crowd-...

freeisbest

Sep 12, 2009, 10:48:28 AM9/12/09
On Sep 11, 10:35 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> “Now, based off of news reports and comments from leaders in the Tea

> Party movement, it looks like Saturday’s event is going to be a huge
> gathering, estimates ranging from hundreds of thousands to two million
> people,” Doug Thornell, communications director for Rep. Chris Van
> Hollen (D., Md.), wrote in a short memo to other congressional
> offices.
>
> He provided links to claims of massive turnout made internally by
> supporters of the rally.
>
> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/09/11/managing-expectations-crowd-...

> September 11, 2009
>
> Managing Expectations: Crowd Size for D.C. Rally Sparks Fight
>
> Naftali Bendavid reports on Congress.
>
> Conservative activists who organized the antitax “tea parties” and
> confrontations with lawmakers at town hall meetings are coming to
> Washington Saturday morning, holding a rally at the Capitol in an
> effort to prove that their movement against “big government” amounts
> to a widespread national uprising.
>
> That has led to a battle over crowd expectations, of the sort that
> inevitably characterize Washington marches.
>
> Organizers are playing down the likely attendance—publicly, at
> least—hoping the crowd will be enormous and surprise the public with
> the magnitude of the movement’s appeal.
>
> A spokesman for FreedomWorks, one of the groups organizing the march,
> said a conservative estimate was that 20,000 to 30,000 protestors
> would show up.
>
> Internally, though, supporters are trying to build excitement by
> predicting a stunning turnout.

> Should be interesting.

In the sense that any train wreck is interesting. The Party of
Lies tries to scam itself...