The first rule of marriage

Dave

Mar 30, 2009, 11:01:44 AM3/30/09
If you are right, apologize fast.

David Christainsen

<Kelly>

Mar 30, 2009, 12:53:32 PM3/30/09
On Mar 30, 8:01 am, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The first rule of marriage...

...to David Christainsen is "just say no" (and don't ever do it unless
he has done the right thing and sought the help of a mental health
professional and been in therapy for a year or more).

Dave

Mar 30, 2009, 2:11:53 PM3/30/09

So, Kelly is a non-Christian who can't
take a joke.

Best,
Dave

<Kelly>

Mar 30, 2009, 2:23:52 PM3/30/09
On Mar 30, 11:11 am, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, Kelly is a non-Christian

No, I am most definitely a Christian (and have been since February,
1975)

>who can't
> take a joke.

You think your mental health status is "a joke"? No wonder you refuse
to seek treatment.

timewa...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2009, 7:23:47 PM3/30/09
Davey's rules of marriage:

1. Never acknowledge the possibility that you might be wrong; be
dishonest and insincere, and make fake apologies. When you spouse
catches on and throws you out, cry at mommy's house for a while, and
then hold a grudge for the rest of your pathetic life. But never
consider the acknowledge that you might be wrong.

2. Never forget, and never ever forgive anyone, even when you know
full well that you're the one at fault.

Dave

Mar 30, 2009, 8:13:30 PM3/30/09
You have an inability on SRQ to get
onto my wavelength. Why is that?

So, the joke is contained in my opening
post in this thread. Comprendez-vous?

BTW I note you have not given up your
TRASH TALKING yet.

Best,
Dave

<Kelly>

Mar 30, 2009, 8:23:25 PM3/30/09
On Mar 30, 5:13 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You have an inability on SRQ to get
> onto my wavelength.  Why is that?

I'm not interested in being on your "wavelength" - it contains too
much annoying static.

> So, the joke is contained in my opening
> post in this thread.  Comprendez-vous?

The "joke" is contained in the fact that you obviously don't know the
first rule of marriage (if you did, you would likely still be
married). Comprendez-vous?

> BTW I note you have not given up your
> TRASH TALKING yet.

BTW, I not you have not given up your delusional insistance that you
are not MENTALLY ILL yet.

Dave

Mar 30, 2009, 8:45:45 PM3/30/09
On Mar 30, 8:23 pm, "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 30, 5:13 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > You have an inability on SRQ to get
> > onto my wavelength.  Why is that?
>
> I'm not interested in being on your "wavelength" - it contains too
> much annoying static.

I am not interested in your confused thoughts.

> > So, the joke is contained in my opening
> > post in this thread.  Comprendez-vous?
>
> The "joke" is contained in the fact that you obviously don't know the
> first rule of marriage (if you did, you would likely still be
> married).  Comprendez-vous?

You are deluded.

> > BTW I note you have not given up your
> > TRASH TALKING yet.
>
> BTW, I not you have not given up your delusional insistance that you
> are not MENTALLY ILL yet.

You have zero knowledge for what you are
talking about. I highly recommend that
you quit before you make a fool of yourself
in front of everybody.

Best,
David Christainsen

<Kelly>

Mar 30, 2009, 8:50:42 PM3/30/09
On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I highly recommend that
> you quit before you make a fool of yourself
> in front of everybody.

The only one here who is making a fool of themselves is (unanimously)
you.

Harold Burton

Mar 30, 2009, 9:14:27 PM3/30/09
In article
<62c18d9d-9f36-421d...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
"<Kelly>" <rosie...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....

....is the one who doesn't know simple English.

Snicker.

The Last Viking

Mar 31, 2009, 4:11:26 AM3/31/09
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
:> In article

Simple English? What dialect is that?

-----------------------T-H-E----L-A-S-T---V-I-K-I-N-G----------------------
palATekran.no <- ACK and you shall recieve -> <URL:http://www.ekran.no/>
Life is unfair - but root password helps! <- -> Knowledge is information
-----------------------T-H-E----L-A-S-T---V-I-K-I-N-G-----------------V10.0
vim:sw=4:ts=8:noai:tw=74:ruler

EskW...@spamblock.panix.com

Mar 31, 2009, 7:34:00 AM3/31/09
In ne.general "<Kelly>" <rosie...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

Dave ain't making a fool of himself - he already has that status.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Mircalla Mordenheim

Mar 31, 2009, 8:51:35 AM3/31/09
On 31 Mar, 09:11, i_dont_read_em...@ekran.no (The Last Viking) wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
> :> In article
> :> <62c18d9d-9f36-421d-9a96-dfddfdc07...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

> :>  "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> :>> On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> :>>
> :>> > I highly recommend that
> :>> > you quit before you make a fool of yourself
> :>> > in front of everybody.
> :>> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....
> :> ....is the one who doesn't know simple English.
>
> Simple English? What dialect is that?

It's fonetic. That's aboot as simple as it gets.

-mm.

The Last Viking

Apr 1, 2009, 7:32:38 AM4/1/09
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Mircalla Mordenheim wrote:

Oi, leet me tray, ish thiz hov itz ment tu saund laik?

Bill Wilkinson

Apr 1, 2009, 8:16:03 AM4/1/09
The Last Viking wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Mircalla Mordenheim wrote:
> :> On 31 Mar, 09:11, i_dont_read_em...@ekran.no (The Last Viking) wrote:
> :>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
> :>> :> In article
> :>> :> <62c18d9d-9f36-421d-9a96-dfddfdc07...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> :>> :> "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> :>>
> :>> :>> On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> :>> :>>
> :>> :>> > I highly recommend that
> :>> :>> > you quit before you make a fool of yourself
> :>> :>> > in front of everybody.
> :>> :>> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....
> :>> :> ....is the one who doesn't know simple English.
> :>>
> :>> Simple English? What dialect is that?
> :> It's fonetic. That's aboot as simple as it gets.
>
> Oi, leet me tray, ish thiz hov itz ment tu saund laik?

What I want to know is, is this first rule of marriage everyone's
talking about metric?

--Bill
--
The World Wide Web is the hugest vanity press
in the history of the human race!

John Lodder

Apr 1, 2009, 10:39:50 PM4/1/09
In article <POGdnYZ82KSUxk7U...@earthlink.com>,

Bill Wilkinson <billwi...@mindsBOINGpring.com> wrote:
>The Last Viking wrote:
>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Mircalla Mordenheim wrote:
>> :> On 31 Mar, 09:11, i_dont_read_em...@ekran.no (The Last Viking) wrote:
>> :>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
>> :>> :> In article
>> :>> :> <62c18d9d-9f36-421d-9a96-dfddfdc07...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
>> :>> :> "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> :>>
>> :>> :>> On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> :>> :>>
>> :>> :>> > I highly recommend that
>> :>> :>> > you quit before you make a fool of yourself
>> :>> :>> > in front of everybody.
>> :>> :>> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....
>> :>> :> ....is the one who doesn't know simple English.
>> :>>
>> :>> Simple English? What dialect is that?
>> :> It's fonetic. That's aboot as simple as it gets.
>>
>> Oi, leet me tray, ish thiz hov itz ment tu saund laik?
>
>What I want to know is, is this first rule of marriage everyone's
>talking about metric?

I dunno about that, but didn't Twain write a piece on rationalizing the
spelling of (American) English? We could try that!
--
"Oh, to be in England now that April's there" --RB
My opinions are mine. All mine. Replete with very me.

The Last Viking

Apr 3, 2009, 6:55:04 AM4/3/09
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Bill Wilkinson wrote:

:> The Last Viking wrote:
:>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Mircalla Mordenheim wrote:
:>> :> On 31 Mar, 09:11, i_dont_read_em...@ekran.no (The Last Viking) wrote:
:>> :>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
:>> :>> :> In article
:>> :>> :> <62c18d9d-9f36-421d-9a96-dfddfdc07...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
:>> :>> :> "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
:>> :>>
:>> :>> :>> On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
:>> :>> :>>
:>> :>> :>> > I highly recommend that
:>> :>> :>> > you quit before you make a fool of yourself
:>> :>> :>> > in front of everybody.
:>> :>> :>> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....
:>> :>> :> ....is the one who doesn't know simple English.
:>> :>>
:>> :>> Simple English? What dialect is that?
:>> :> It's fonetic. That's aboot as simple as it gets.
:>> Oi, leet me tray, ish thiz hov itz ment tu saund laik?
:> What I want to know is, is this first rule of marriage everyone's
:> talking about metric?

I think the first rule of marriage is to not talk about feet unless it's
accompanied by a massage.

Bill Wilkinson

Apr 3, 2009, 8:20:45 AM4/3/09
The Last Viking wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Bill Wilkinson wrote:
> :> The Last Viking wrote:
> :>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Mircalla Mordenheim wrote:
> :>> :> On 31 Mar, 09:11, i_dont_read_em...@ekran.no (The Last Viking) wrote:
> :>> :>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Harold Burton wrote:
> :>> :>> :> In article
> :>> :>> :> <62c18d9d-9f36-421d-9a96-dfddfdc07...@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> :>> :>> :> "<Kelly>" <rosie_be...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> :>> :>>
> :>> :>> :>> On Mar 30, 5:45 pm, Dave <pchristain...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> :>> :>> :>>
> :>> :>> :>> > I highly recommend that
> :>> :>> :>> > you quit before you make a fool of yourself
> :>> :>> :>> > in front of everybody.
> :>> :>> :>> The only one here who is making a fool of themselves (sic)....
> :>> :>> :> ....is the one who doesn't know simple English.
> :>> :>>
> :>> :>> Simple English? What dialect is that?
> :>> :> It's fonetic. That's aboot as simple as it gets.
> :>> Oi, leet me tray, ish thiz hov itz ment tu saund laik?
> :> What I want to know is, is this first rule of marriage everyone's
> :> talking about metric?
>
> I think the first rule of marriage is to not talk about feet unless it's
> accompanied by a massage.

How about furlongs per fortnight? I thnik some kind of nights should be
part of the rules of marriage.

John Lodder

Apr 3, 2009, 12:27:02 PM4/3/09
In article <Feednfks9fe4YkjU...@earthlink.com>,

I once went looking for a units conversion program that would do furlongs
per fortnight....

timewa...@yahoo.com

Apr 3, 2009, 12:53:03 PM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 12:27 pm, jlod...@ripco.com (John Lodder) wrote:
> I once went looking for a units conversion program that would do furlongs
> per fortnight....

Go to www.google.com. Enter:

12.7 furlongs per fortnight in parsecs per yottasecond

John Lodder

Apr 3, 2009, 4:08:11 PM4/3/09
In article <3ff2d63e-89dd-4c2d...@y13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

I tried rlogin www.google.com and it just hangs. I also tried traceroute
and like I have no route to that host. What gives?

Bill Wilkinson

Apr 5, 2009, 8:26:05 PM4/5/09
John Lodder wrote:
> In article <3ff2d63e-89dd-4c2d...@y13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
> <timewa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 12:27 pm, jlod...@ripco.com (John Lodder) wrote:
>>> I once went looking for a units conversion program that would do furlongs
>>> per fortnight....
>> Go to www.google.com. Enter:
>>
>> 12.7 furlongs per fortnight in parsecs per yottasecond
>
> I tried rlogin www.google.com and it just hangs.

ssh

> I also tried traceroute
> and like I have no route to that host.

Mebbe if you put them in yer .shosts file and emailed them your password
or keys or something? Maybe that'll help.

> What gives?

Hay! I typed that "12.7 fur..." string up there in goggle and ended up
in this post!

HELP! I'm stuck in a recursive loop!!!

--Bill (cursed)

John Lodder

Apr 6, 2009, 4:18:43 PM4/6/09
In article <SIydnaVvbeW00UTU...@earthlink.com>,

Bill Wilkinson <billwi...@mindsBOINGpring.com> wrote:
>John Lodder wrote:
>> In article
><3ff2d63e-89dd-4c2d...@y13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
>> <timewa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Go to www.google.com. Enter:
>>>
>>> 12.7 furlongs per fortnight in parsecs per yottasecond
>>
>> I tried rlogin www.google.com and it just hangs.
>
>ssh

I've got rlogin and I've got telnet. What is this ssh of which you
speak, I mean type?

>> I also tried traceroute
>> and like I have no route to that host.
>
>Mebbe if you put them in yer .shosts file and emailed them your password
>or keys or something? Maybe that'll help.

Is that anything like a .netrc file? I think I could whip up one of
those.

>> What gives?
>
>Hay! I typed that "12.7 fur..." string up there in goggle and ended up
>in this post!
>
>HELP! I'm stuck in a recursive loop!!!
>

>--Bill (cursed)

I could download a gopher client and build that. Will that help?

Magnus Mulqvist

Apr 14, 2009, 12:58:44 PM4/14/09
In article <gr18hm$8vp$3...@remote5bge0.ripco.com>, jlo...@ripco.com mumbles
as follows:
He was a genius. I'm afraid we're not.

So, of course we could!

--

*MM

Replace "dot" with a dot to reply.

John Lodder

Apr 15, 2009, 2:51:11 PM4/15/09
In article <MPG.244eed3e8...@news.kolumbus.fi>,

Woohoo! Now where did I put my copy of that essay? I knows! Project
Glutenberg!

Magnus Mulqvist

Apr 23, 2009, 12:30:43 PM4/23/09
In article <gs5aav$las$1...@remote5bge0.ripco.com>, jlo...@ripco.com mumbles
Vuhu! Nau veer did ai put mai koupi of zat esei? Ai nous! Proudzhek
Gliutenberk!

--

*MM -- who is paying homoage to Mr. Twain.

And suffering from 7bit ASCII.