CB Correction: Birthdate of John Brownlow of Humby 3rd Bart

wjhonson

Dec 21, 2007, 5:54:35 PM12/21/07
On that greatwebsite (with reservations) "The Peerage" here

http://www.thepeerage.com/p2622.htm#i26219

we see the entry for
John /Brownlow/ of Humby, 3rd Bart

stating that he was born 26 June 1659
citing George Edward Cokayne, The Complete Baronetage, volume II,
page 111.

However in my trolling about I found

http://www.familysearch.org - IGI - British Isles - Batch C031141
showing that that John Brownlow baptised on 26 Jun died a few days
later on 7 Jul 1659

Certainly it is this parish register of Rippingale, Lincoln that has
been used to determine the birthdate for John Brownlow. There cannot
have been two different John Brownlow's born on the same day.

In these extracted register entries we see that this family used the
name Elizabeth three times in succession so they certainly had
precedent for possibly using the name John on a second child baptised
elsewhere. I NOTE a four-year gap between 1661 and 1665 although
otherwise having children on the 1-year-to-2-year plan.

I am quite suspicious that the actual John Brownlow 3rd Bart was not
born in this gap somewhere else. He would *still* if true, succeed as
eldest surviving son and would still have had a slightly younger
brother William (born 5 Nov 1665 at Rippingale) to succeed him as 4th
Bart.

Will Johnson