Fulcoald, Count of Rouergue

Dana S. Leslie

Aug 24, 2007, 4:51:55 AM8/24/07
According to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcoald_of_Rouergue

William of Gellone had a sister alda, whose daughter Senegunda married
Fulcoald, Count of Rouergue. I am looking for the name of Alda's
husband/partner, the father of Senegunda. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
--

Blessed Be,

Dana

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: DSLe...@alumni.princeton.edu
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE
Your Source for Discounted Ideas
http://members.cox.net/dsleslie2/

Peter Stewart

Aug 24, 2007, 5:58:26 AM8/24/07

"Dana S. Leslie" <dsle...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote in message

> According to
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcoald_of_Rouergue
>
> William of Gellone had a sister alda, whose daughter Senegunda married
> Fulcoald, Count of Rouergue. I am looking for the name of Alda's
> husband/partner, the father of Senegunda. Can anyone help?

Forget this, it's not reliable.

Fulcoald, or Foucaud, was missus in Rouergue but not called count as far as
I know. The family of his wife Senegundis is not recorded.

William's mother was named Alda but his sister is called Alba or Abbana. It
is not known for certain whether she even married, but if she did the
husband was probably Count Nibelun who can be only speculatively (and I
don't think plausibly at that) connected to Senegundis.

Nat Taylor may be able to elucidate the background for this conjecture, if
he has time.

Peter Stewart

Dana S. Leslie

Aug 24, 2007, 7:04:32 AM8/24/07
Darn! That would have been a neat connection. Yet another case of
genealogical elegance disrupted by inconvenient fact. <grin>
"Peter Stewart" <p_m_s...@msn.com> wrote in message

taf

Aug 24, 2007, 2:08:32 PM8/24/07
On Aug 24, 2:58 am, "Peter Stewart" <p_m_stew...@msn.com> wrote:
> "Dana S. Leslie" <dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote in messagenews:K_wzi.16423$Zk5....@newsfe23.lga...

I don't know about this one in particular, but if I recall correctly,
this grows from the recognition that the later Counts of Toulouse held
land or title that previously belonged to the family of William. I
recall seeing at least one other reconstruction, also making Senegunde
a niece of William but with different intervening generations. (Of
course this ignores the possibility that the rights did not pass via
inheritance.)

taf