Family Tree Maker version question

krazy

Nov 16, 2006, 12:33:48 PM11/16/06

I have seen FTM 2006 and FTM ver 16 advertised. Anyone now which is
the latest?? I was using version 11 and upgraded to FTM 2005. What
version is 2005??

Why don't they either use the version number or year and not both??

TIA

Hugh Watkins

Nov 16, 2006, 4:10:13 PM11/16/06

12 was a beta I think ???
13 or 14 2005
15 2006 upgradable on line to 16 so get a cheap cd flat pack

Hugh W

--

Beta blogger
http://nanowrimo3.blogspot.com/ visiting my past

old blogger
http://hughw36.blogspot.com/ MAIN BLOG

Lesley Robertson

Nov 17, 2006, 5:04:24 AM11/17/06

"Hugh Watkins" <hugh.w...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> krazy wrote:
>>
>> I have seen FTM 2006 and FTM ver 16 advertised. Anyone now which is
>> the latest?? I was using version 11 and upgraded to FTM 2005. What
>> version is 2005??
>>
>> Why don't they either use the version number or year and not both??
>
> 12 was a beta I think ???
> 13 or 14 2005

The rumour was that they changed it to 2005 to avoid "Unlucky 13" on their
version number.....
Lesley Robertson

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 17, 2006, 8:55:12 AM11/17/06

Or maybe they just want to sell both 2006 and v16 to each person! 8-)

Hugh

Trevor Rix

Nov 18, 2006, 12:26:54 PM11/18/06
to gen...@rootsweb.com
Krazy,

>> I have seen FTM 2006 and FTM ver 16 advertised. Anyone now which
>> is the latest?? I was using version 11 and upgraded to FTM 2005.
>> What version is 2005??
>>
>> Why don't they either use the version number or year and not
both??

> 12 was a beta I think ???
> 13 or 14 2005

> 15 2006 upgradable on line to 16 so get a cheap cd flat pack
>
> Hugh W

Sorry, that is mostly incorrect.

Family Tree Maker 2005 is version 12 first released August 2004. 2006
is version 13 first released August 2005. Version 16 was released
August 2006. The publishers skipped numbers 14 and 15 (except for
some Australian editions of 2005 and 2006 that are also known as 14
or 15).

Trevor Rix
TWR Computing (retailers of Family Tree Maker)
http://www.twrcomputing.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Family-History-Software

Hugh Watkins

Nov 18, 2006, 1:29:55 PM11/18/06
Trevor Rix wrote:

> Krazy,
>

>>>I have seen FTM 2006 and FTM ver 16 advertised. Anyone now which
>>>is the latest?? I was using version 11 and upgraded to FTM 2005.
>>>What version is 2005??
>>>
>>>Why don't they either use the version number or year and not
>
> both??
>
>>12 was a beta I think ???
>>13 or 14 2005
>>15 2006 upgradable on line to 16 so get a cheap cd flat pack
>>
>>Hugh W
>

> Sorry, that is mostly incorrect.
>
> Family Tree Maker 2005 is version 12 first released August 2004. 2006
> is version 13 first released August 2005. Version 16 was released
> August 2006. The publishers skipped numbers 14 and 15 (except for
> some Australian editions of 2005 and 2006 that are also known as 14
> or 15).

thanks Trevor

I just got all the updates for the last six years (often from you guys)
but did not check
great value
now running on MacBook pro
on parallels on WinXp SP2