Movie info.

krishnan Chitoor

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
When I was in India about a month back, two movies were
being advertised heavily
(a) Desam : This was supposed to have been directed by Ram gopal
verma (Rangeela fame) with script and acreen play
by Mani Ratnam.
(b) Karuppu Roja : They took out full page ads on major magazines
boasting about its 7(may be 6) track digital
theater sound system.

Anybody know the fate of these films ?

-Krishnan.

Sandya Sitaraman

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
krishnan Chitoor (kris...@spss.com) wrote:
: When I was in India about a month back, two movies were

: being advertised heavily
: (a) Desam : This was supposed to have been directed by Ram gopal
: verma (Rangeela fame) with script and acreen play
: by Mani Ratnam.

The film stars Jagapathi Babu, Revathi and Urmila Matondkar.. Clearly,
from the star cast, you can tell that the film is being dubbed from
Telegu into Tamil!.. Usually, these films either don't keep scheduled
release dates.. or don't come out for financial reasons!.. Wonder which
category "Desam" falls under?!.. the film hasn't come out yet!!..

: (b) Karuppu Roja : They took out full page ads on major magazines

: boasting about its 7(may be 6) track digital
: theater sound system.

Aabaavannan's well touted project with help of some film students.. and
with some mega bucks financed by writer Indhumathy.. I believe is
scheduled to release on Tamil New Year's Day.. April 14th.. We will have
to wait and see!.. It is probably planned to be the stiffest
competition.. with A.M.Ratnam/Shankar/A.R.Rahman/Kamalahaasan's
"Indhiyan" coming out for TNY's Day this year as well!!

: Anybody know the fate of these films ?

We got to wait and see!!

Sandya..

Dev Mannemela

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
In article <4f83i2$3...@agate.berkeley.edu>,

Sandya Sitaraman <san...@uclink3.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>krishnan Chitoor (kris...@spss.com) wrote:
>: When I was in India about a month back, two movies were
>: being advertised heavily
>: (a) Desam : This was supposed to have been directed by Ram gopal
>: verma (Rangeela fame) with script and acreen play
>: by Mani Ratnam.
>
>The film stars Jagapathi Babu, Revathi and Urmila Matondkar.. Clearly,
>from the star cast, you can tell that the film is being dubbed from
>Telegu into Tamil!.. Usually, these films either don't keep scheduled
>release dates.. or don't come out for financial reasons!.. Wonder which
>category "Desam" falls under?!.. the film hasn't come out yet!!..

It's probably "Gayam" ("The Wound". Directed by RGVerma and
screenplay by RGV and ManiRathnam.

It's a very well done movie. Revathi was excellent. Great music too.
It's being remade in Hindi as "Nayak" (*ing Sanjay Dutt, Urmila).
I don't know who is doing Revathi's role in Hindi. It is being directed
by RGV and music by ARR.

dev
--
Dev Mannemela de...@spimageworks.com
Sony Pictures Imageworks (310) 641-1614 (O)

Balaji

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <devmDMD...@netcom.com>, de...@netcom.com says...

are you sure Dev ? I think its a dubbed version of Akkananga oka Roju.
Didnt Gayam have Nagarjun and Shobana in it ?

Maybe I am confusing two diff. movies here.

Balaji.

Dev Mannemela

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96

If it stars Jagapathi Babu, Revathi and Urmila and if it is directed by
RGVerma, it must be Gayam. "Anaganaga Oka Roju" stars none of them.
The Nag, Shobhana starrer you are referring to could be "Rakshana"
("Protection"), which is not a RGV movie...

/dev