"Honk Twice: Just Don't Pump" petrol at Ahmad Ismail's Shell petrol station at Island Glade, Penang

1 view

Politikus

Sep 10, 2008, 10:17:54 PM9/10/08
Day One of "Honk Twice: Just Don't Pump" starts today. Will it have
any impact? :-p

<<< Fast Forward Asia <<<

ckeong

Sep 11, 2008, 1:53:16 AM9/11/08
are you sure he own shell petrol station ?

adchin

Sep 11, 2008, 6:03:25 AM9/11/08
I'll be amongst those who are lining up to purchase that land and build
apartment block on it, when it goes out of business

Tetuang

Sep 11, 2008, 7:26:51 PM9/11/08
Two petrol station owners see red

GEORGE TOWN: Two petrol station owners are seeing red over SMSes
calling on the public to boycott their stations and alleging that the
businesses belong to Bukit Bendera Umno division chief Datuk Ahmad
Ismail.

The two different SMSes were sent out on Tuesday night and yesterday,
asking people to stop buying petrol from the Green Lane Shell station
beside McDonald’s and the Shell station in Island Glades in front of
Gembira Parade.

However, both owners have denied that the petrol stations belong to
Ahmad and one of them has lodged a police report over the mischief.

The Green Lane station owner, Hassan Farouke, 59, said he never knew
who Ahmad was until the media highlighted his alleged racist remarks.

“My mother and my wife are Chinese. I’m not a racist and I hope these
political issues will be settled by politicians,” he said.

Hassan lodged the police report at the Jelutong police station at
12.15am yesterday.

The Island Glades Shell station owner, Seraz Ahmad, 46, said he too
was disappointed over the SMS rumour.

“I’m here to do business. I’m not interested in political issues,” he
said.

Seraz, who has been operating the station for 16 years, said he has no
plans to make a report over the SMS.

Regards
Tetuang