Travel to Ukraine?

GARYW BW

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
I'm seriously considering a trip to the vicinity of Kiev in the Ukraine, to
visit the town (Peryaslav) where members of my family are from. Has anyone out
there actually embarked on such a trip? Or might be familiar with any tours
that might be available?. Pls apprise here or via email. Thanks.

Simcha Streltsov

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
GARYW BW (gar...@aol.com) wrote:
: I'm seriously considering a trip to the vicinity of Kiev in the Ukraine, to

: visit the town (Peryaslav) where members of my family are from. Has anyone out
: there actually embarked on such a trip? Or might be familiar with any tours
: that might be available?. Pls apprise here or via email. Thanks.

contact Rabbi Bleich in Kiev

--
Simcha Streltsov disclaimer, as requested by Mo-he S-rr
simc...@juno.com all punctuation marks in this article

isra...@netmedia.net.il

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
On 8 Jul 1998 22:30:56 GMT, gar...@aol.com (GARYW BW) wrote:

>I'm seriously considering a trip to the vicinity of Kiev in the Ukraine, to
>visit the town (Peryaslav) where members of my family are from. Has anyone out
>there actually embarked on such a trip? Or might be familiar with any tours
>that might be available?. Pls apprise here or via email. Thanks.

Every year at Rosh Hashanah thousands of Jews go to the city Uman in
the Ukraine to be present for "the Rebbe's Rosh Hashanah". Uman is
about half way between Kiev and Odessa. Several travel agents in
Brooklyn and other cities handle charters for the trip. You could make
the trip to Uman in the comfort and security of traveling with an
experienced group and then hire a cab (for cheap) from Uman to the
town you're interested in. See the Breslov web page "www.breslov.org"
for an email address to request more info.

--
Daver
Na Nach Nachma Nachman Me*UMAN*