NRI PANKAJ TRIVEDI MURDER - A COMPILATION OF NEWS STORIES

or www.mantra.com/jai

Jun 19, 2006, 8:20:09 AM6/19/06
[I am following this case in the news media since
I too have received death threats (from Muslim and
Christian terrorists) -- including a death-fatwa
published against me in Pakistani newspapers. - Jai Maharaj]

Facts about terrorist Islam and Muslims:
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

Hindu Holocaust Museum:
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

News compilation begins

Slain NRI's family suspects hand of social group

Indo-Asian News Service
The Hindustan Times
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad - The family of US-based NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was beaten
to death by unidentified people Thursday, suspects that social group
Swadhyaya Parivar was behind the murder.
Trivedi, a 43-year-old professional from Cincinnati, was closely
associated with the Swadhyaya movement - inspired by the late Pandurang
Shastri Athawale - and was involved in the legal battle between two
factions of the movement, according to media reports.
"We all knew that he was against the functioning of the Swadhyay
Parivar under its present leadership. He parted ways with the organisation
some years ago and had initiated legal action against it.
There is a suspicion that they could be behind his murder," victim's
friend Sandeep Patel told reporters after Trivedi's funeral.
Trivedi's son Himanshu, who arrived here early Sunday with his mother
to attend the funeral, said: "My father didn't tell me anything about the
developments. But whatever he has written in his letters is true. There is
no other reason why he should be attacked."
He said his family was being harassed in the US also. He demanded a
police investigation into the possible role of the Swadhyay Parivar in his
father's murder.
The police had found documents, in form of letters and a video
cassette, in Trivedi's car.
The Swadhyay Parivar, however, denied the charges. "The Parivar is
deeply grieved over Trivedi's death and none of its members had anything to
do with his murder," said Bharat Raval, a Parivar representative.
The police said Trivedi had written to the US Secret Service and
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi expressing fears about a threat to his
life.
"In his letter to the US agency, dated May 19, the victim had sought
protection from followers of the social organisation Swadhyay Parivar. But
we cannot act against anybody on the basis of the letter only," said
assistant commissioner of police RS Chudasama.
Trivedi, who was part of the Parivar since 1972, claimed millions of
dollars, collected as overseas donations for rehabilitation of the 2001
Gujarat earthquake victims, were misused in the last five years.
Trivedi was hit in his head with a baseball bat by the attackers
outside the Ellis Bridge Gymkhana in the upscale Law Garden neighbourhood.
He had migrated to Cincinnati nine years ago and was on one of his
regular visits to India. In the city, he used to live in Satyagrah Chhavni
in the Satellite area.

More at:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5967_1723430,001600060001.htm

- - - - - - - - -

Trivedi suspected parivar top bosses

Times News Network
The Times of India
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad - Two days after NRI Pankaj Trivedi was murdered outside the
Ellisbridge gymkhana, the police are still groping in the dark.
Seemingly restrained by the influence of the sociospiritual
organisation involved, investigations seem to be going at a tardy pace and
have been transferred to the CID (crime).
Now the focus is on five persons named by Trivedi in letters found
from his car, but none has been questioned so far. According to police
sources, Trivedi had written letters to the President, chief minister,
state home minister, director general of police and the Ahmedabad police
commissioner, indicating that his life was under threat.
"If any of my family members or myself is hurt or murdered then the
following people should be questioned," wrote Trivedi in his letter to the
President on November 10, 2005.
He named Dhanshree Talwalkar, alias 'Didi', Bharat Bhatt, a parivar
member, Dhiren Joshi, Prashant Rawal, a retired sessions judge and Manish
Shaushali, a resident of Rajkot.
"We have information that Trivedi in his letter to the president
accused five persons including Dhanshree Talwalkar alias Didi. We would be
interrogating the deceased's family members on Sunday and action would be
taken against anyone whose name would emerge," said Ellisbridge police
inspector, NK Rathod.
When asked about the letters deputy commissioner of police (zone 1) AK
Jadeja said, "We have not questioned anyone accused in the letters since
the case is being investigated by the CID crime.
However, we are investigating involvement of professional killers
hired to murder Trivedi." Preliminary post-mortem reports indicated that
Trivedi was attacked thrice with a hard blunt weapon in the head.
Meanwhile, the cell phone number found in Trivedi's car is from Jamnagar.
Trivedi's family members are to arrive in Ahmedabad soon for his
funeral on Sunday. "We would also be taking their statements and ask
whether they suspect anyone," Jadeja said. Jagdish Shah, a close friend of
Trivedi told TOI on Saturday that even he has been receiving threat calls.
"I had got three calls on my cellphones and two more on my land line
numbers. The person on the line threatened me to be prepared for dire
consequences," says Shah. Shah has also applied for police protection at
the Satellite police station. One more person, Pradeep Shah, associated
with the organisation, has also sought police protection.

More at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1657173.cms

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI cremated in Ahmedabad

PTI
The Hindu
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 18 (PTI) - Friends and relatives of a Non-Resident
Indian (NRI), who was clubbed to death here, claimed today that his tussle
with a prominent socio-religious group could have been the cause of his
murder.
The body of 52-year-old NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was allegedly killed
by four persons outside the Ellisbridge Gymkhana three days ago, was
cremated today with a large number of people attending the funeral.
Several of Trivedi's friends and relatives said he was a peace-loving
man and claimed his tussle with the socio- religious organisation Swadhyay
Parivar could have the cause of his murder.
"It was known to all that he was against the functioning of the
Swadhyay Parivar under its present leadership. Though he was associated
with the organisation since its inception, he parted ways with it some
years ago and had initiated legal action against them. There is a suspicion
that they could be behind his murder," Sandeepbhai Patel, a friend of
Trivedi, told reporters at the funeral.
Bharat Raval, a representative of the Parivar, however, told
reporters, "The Parivar is deeply grieved over Trivedi's death and none of
its members had anything to do with his murder." Trivedi shifted to the US
a few years ago and was in the city for the past 20 days in connection with
a court matter.
He had written to the US Secret Service, the Gujarat chief minister
and the local police, expressing fears about a threat to his life from
certain people linked to the Swadhyay Parivar.

More at:
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200606181613.htm

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI had written to US Secret Service: Gujarat police

PTI
The Hindu
Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 17 (PTI) - NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was murdered in the
US on Thursday, had written to the US Secret Service to provide protection
for him and his family from an Ahmedabad-based organisation, Gujarat police
said today.
"In his letter dated May 19, the victim had sought protection from
followers of the social organisation Swadhayay Parivar," ACP (City) R S
Chudasama said.
"US police found the letter addressed to its Secret Service in a file
inside Trivedi's car on June 15, the day he was clubbed to death by
unidentified persons outside a private club in Dayton," he said adding no
arrests had been made.
In the letter, Trivedi alleged that he was being targeted by the
Parivar chief and her supporters for "exposing" financial irregularities
within the organisation.
Trivedi, who was part of the Parivar since 1972, claimed millions of
dollars, collected as overseas donations for rehabilitation of the 2001
Gujarat earthquake victims, were misused in the last five years.
In the letter, the NRI claimed that Parivar members had started
harassing him and his family and several fabricated cases were lodged
against him.
Trivedi had also sought protection from Ahmedabad police in the past,
police said.
Chudasama said no action had been taken against the organisation as
"nobody has lodged any complaint" against it.
"We cannot act against anybody on the basis of the letter written by
Trivedi to the US Secret Service. He was known to have problems with
members of the Parivar for the last few years," another police official
said.

More at:
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200606172128.htm

- - - - - - - - -

Reward of Rs.1 Lakh for information about killers of NRI Trivedi

GujaratGlobal.com
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad (Gujarat Global News Network) - City police today announced
a reward of Rs.1 Lakh for information about killers of NRI Swadhyay
follower, Pankaj Trivedi as police is clueless in the case. Trivedi was
murdered in the city on Friday night by four persons who beat him by
baseball bats.
Since Trivedi had openly revolted against the organizers of the
Swadhyay parivar and had exposed rampant corruption in this socio religious
organisation, the issue of murder has become one of the most sensational
matters in Gujarat.
Trivedi had even approached Chief Minister, President of India and US
Secret Service alleging that his life was in danger. He was also involved
in litigation with people associated with Swadhyay Parivar.
For news in Hindi see our Hindi daily Chaupal Chronicle

More at:
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/nextSub.php?id=735&catype=NEWS

- - - - - - - - -

Police announces reward in NRI murder case

IndiaeNews.com
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad - The city police Monday announced a reward of Rs.100,000
for providing information on the murder of US-based non-resident Indian
Pankaj Trivedi.
Ahmedabad Police Commissioner K.R. Kaushik, in a statement, announced
that police would award the amount to any one who provides concrete
information in the murder that took place Thursday evening.
Meanwhile, police have not been able to make any breakthrough in the
case of the killing of the 52-year-old settled in Cincinnati.
Trivedi, who was here for a court matter was done to death by four
unidentified assailants just outside a club in the Ellisbridge area of
Gujarat's principal city.
He was connected with a socio-religious group called Swadhyay Parivar
since 1972, but of late involved in legal battle with them.

More at:
http://indiaenews.com/2006-06/11914-police-announces-reward-nri-murder.htm

- - - - - - - - -

Police announces reward in NRI murder case

By Indo Asian News Service
DailyIndia.com
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 19 (IANS) - The city police Monday announced a reward
of Rs.100,000 for providing information on the murder of US-based non-
resident Indian Pankaj Trivedi.
Ahmedabad Police Commissioner K.R. Kaushik, in a statement, announced
that police would award the amount to any one who provides concrete
information in the murder that took place Thursday evening.
Meanwhile, police have not been able to make any breakthrough in the
case of the killing of the 52-year-old settled in Cincinnati.
Trivedi, who was here for a court matter was done to death by four
unidentified assailants just outside a club in the Ellisbridge area of
Gujarat's principal city.
He was connected with a socio-religious group called Swadhyay Parivar
since 1972, but of late involved in legal battle with them.

More at:
http://www.dailyindia.com/show/35507.php/Police_announces_reward_in_NRI_murder_case

- - - - - - - - -

PAGE ONE

Family's statement recorded, 'line of action clear,' say cops

Son says that documents found in car only evidence

Express News Service
The Indian Express
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 18 - The Ellisbridge Police have said that they will
question all those whose names surface during the course of investigation
into the murder of NRI Pankaj Trivedi. The police said this after they
recorded the statements of Trivedi's son and wife on Sunday evening.
''We will question all those people whose names have been mentioned in
the documents, including the letters Trivedi had written to various
authorities, found from his car. Now that Trivedi's family has given the
statement, our line of action is clear,'' said Ellisbridge Senior Police
Inspector N K Rathod, who is investigating the case.
Trivedi's son Himanshu and wife Shrutiben reached Ahmedabad in the wee
hours of Sunday. Himanshu's uncle Navinchandra Raval and aunty Renukaben
Raval also came with them from the USA.
In his statement to the police, Himanshu said that the documents
recovered from his late father's car were the only evidence that could
point fingers towards the suspects in the murder case. He said that he did
not know anything more than this.
''Himanshu has said that he has nothing more than what has been found
from his father's car. So, those documents should be considered as
evidence. He also told us that he simply does not doubt anybody for his
father's murder,'' Inspector Rathod said, adding that ''Himanshu's mother
Shrutiben also told us the same thing.''
Earlier in the day, talking to mediapersons at his home, Himanshu said
that the documents were the only thing that could help in the police
investigation. He also demanded a proper probe into the case.
On whether he would carry forward his father's fight against the
Swadhyay Parivar, Himanshu said that now it was up to the government and
the police to look into it. ''My father never wanted me to get involved in
all these things. So I do not want to involve myself in what he had been
doing...It is up to the police,'' said Himanshu.
When asked if anybody from the Swadhyay Parivar contacted them after
his father's murder, Himanshu said: ''Nobody has contacted us and we do not
have any sympathiser at the time of our personal tragedy. This is a great
personal loss to us and we will handle it in our way.'' In the morning,
Pankaj Trived's last rites were performed at Ellisbridge Crematorium near V
S Hospital. Around 300 friends and relatives of the family were present.
Some of them pointed fingers towards the Swadhyay Parivar leadership
for Pankaj's murder. ''I, along with a friend Shankar Thakkar, was also
attacked by nine unidentified persons in Pardi near Vapi in similar manner
in 2001. The nine had warned us to stop acting against the Swadhyay
Parivar's interests,'' said Vinod Shah, from Mumbai, who was present at the
crematorium.
Meanwhile, Swadhyay Parivar workers denied charges of their
involvement in the murder of Pankaj Trivedi. ''We are deeply moved by this
incident. Pankajbhai had differences with Swadhyay Parivar, but that does
not mean that we would kill him,'' said Dr Rajesh Parikh, a senior worker
of the parivar.

More at:
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=188700

- - - - - - - - -

Funeral of NRI Swadhayayi Trivedi over, controversy still looms large

GujaratGlobal.com
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad (Gujarat Global News Network) - The murder of NRI Swadhayayi
Pankaj Trivedi has brought to fore once again the bitter rivalry in the
Parivar which has started after the death of its founder Pandurang Shastri.
While police is still clueless about murderers friends and relatives of
Trivedi suspect that his protest against Swadhayaya Parivar led to his
killing. Trivedi and many others are protesting against unethical works of
the organization.
Meanwhile the body of Trivedi who was murdered in the city on Friday
was consigned to flames on Sunday morning in the presence of his wife and
children who flew in from US. Hundreds of people attended the funeral
amidst tight police security.
Trivedi's friend and associate Vinod Shah from Mumbai told reporters
that he was also attacked in 2005. Though he had identified the assialants
police did not take any action. The books and cassettes of Swadhayaya
Parivar were sold at more than double price in US. "We had protested
against that also", he said.
Trivedi's son Himanshu told media that though he did not know much
about his father's matter but the truth has emerged from his letters. He
hoped that police would take appropriate action and find the killers.
Police took statements of Himanshu and Trivedi's wife Shruti.
One of Trivedi's close friend S K Joshi who is from Maharasthra and
associated with Parivar for more than 20 years said that he has also been
attacked many times. He has written over 1,000 letters about Parivar's
unethical activities.
While one more associate of Trivedi who did not wanted to be named
said that Trivedi had a CD of Jayshree "Didi" meeting held in US sometime
back. In the meeting about 100 supporters of Didi were present and they had
protested against Trivedi. The CD has some explosive facts and Trivedi had
procured it, which is probably the cause of murder, he says.
Meanwhile Swadhayaya Parivar on Sunday published an advertisement in a
vernacular daily mentioning that Parivar had nothing to do with the murder.
It also expressed grief over Trivedi's death.
For news in Hindi see our Hindi daily Chaupal Chronicle

More at:
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/nextSub.php?id=733&catype=NEWS

- - - - - - - - -

PAGE ONE

NRI murdered, fear now haunting them

Members and trustees who parted ways with the Swadhyay Parivar fear for
life, seek police protection

Express News Service
The Indian Express
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 18 - The split's wide open in another Parivar. From
all accounts, it seems that NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was clubbed to death
outside Ellisbridge Gymkhana on Thursday night, was a thorn in the Swadhyay
Parivar's side. The 22 court cases filed against him point to this, even as
the police refuse to rule out other possibilities.
The cases were filed after Trivedi began questioning 'Didi' Dhanashree
Talwarkar's leadership and alleged mismanagement of funds.
Members and trustees, who parted ways with the Parivar, always
apprehended a threat and now - after Trivedi was murdered in the heart of
the city - are seeking police protection.
Trivedi had managed to escape an attack on his life in Gondal two
months ago. His name figures in 22 out of the 29 cases filed by Swadhyay
Parivar against those who questioned its functioning. The controversy on
closing down of Bhavnirjhar temple in 2003 is said to be the reason for the
cases. In 2003-2004, Trivedi and his friends had published a booklet
opposing the Parivar's decision to close the temple, saying it was a prayer
hall for students.
The petitions - by supporters and followers of the Parivar - were
filed at different places and demanded action against those behind the
booklet stating that it hurt religious sentiments. The High Court, which
took up the petitions, dismissed them observing that there was no substance
in them and that it amounted to harassment of individuals who were opposing
a decision. It had also observed that the accused had not participated in
any criminal activity.
Trivedi had filed a case in Ahmedabad Civil Sessions Division Court
against Swadhyay Parivar on reopening of the temple. Trivedi's friend
Jagdish Shah said, "The court had observed that there was nothing wrong in
opposing a decision and that the booklet did not have anything against the
Parivar or its activities."
Another friend, Shailesh Shastri whose name too figured in the
petitions, said they had objected when the Parivar closed down the temple
and asked the sect leaders if the structure was unlucky. "The petitions
objected to use of word 'unlucky' and claimed that we had made allegations
against authorities. The court observed that as the Parivar claimed that it
was not a religious structure, there should not be a problem with the use
of word 'unlucky'," said Shastri.
Members against the leadership had been attacked like Trivedi.
The first: a mob attacked rebels who met at Gujarat Vidyapith.
However, no one was seriously injured due to timely police intervention.
Jagdish Shah was among those hurt.
This incident was followed by the attack on Mahesh Shah in Vadodara in
which his employee Satish Patel, a BJP man, suffered injuries.
Vinubhai Sachania, who had raised questions on embezzlement of funds
by Swadhyay Parivar was attacked in Jamnagar. A resident of London,
Sanchania spent a year in bed and now fears returning to Gujarat. Mumbai
businessmen Vinod Shah and Shankar Thakkar were attacked in Paradi, near
Vapi on December 22, 2001 with cricket bats and hockey sticks by men on
motorcycles. Trivedi's murder has brought back the fears.
"We have been receiving regular threats. We do not want to take any
chance," said Jagdish Shah. "Threats were regular. After Trivedi's death,
we are taking them seriously. Most of us have decided to seek police
protection," said Shankar Thakkar.
Under attack
* A mob attacks rebels who meet at Gujarat Vidyapith.
* Attack on Mahesh Shah in Vadodara. His employee Satish Patel is
injured while trying to save him. No police action against accused.
* NRI Vinubhai Sanchania attacked for questioning use of funds. Spends
a year recuperating from injuries and does not want to come back to
Gujarat.
* Mumbai businessmen Shankar Thakkar and Vinod Shah attacked in Vapi
by men on motorcycles.

More at:
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=188696

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI had sought help of US secret service

GujaratGlobal.com
Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ahmedabad (Gujarat Global News Network) - NRI Pankaj Trivedi, a member
of Swadhyay Parivar, who was clubbed to death in the city on Thursday night
had even approached US secret service. He had written a letter to the
Resident Agent In-charge of US Secret Service based in Dayton, Ohio,
seeking protection for himself and his family.
In a signed letter dated May 19, 2006, addressed to Todd R Bagby,
Trivedi wrote: ''Seeking appropriate protection for me and my family from
the leader and fanatic followers of 'Devotional Association of Yogeshwar'
also known as 'Swadhyay', whose unethical and illegal activities I have
exposed. The head of the organisation is Jayashree Talwalkar a.k.a Didi.''
Trivedi further wrote that on April 1, 2006, outside the Newark
airport in New Jersey, four unknown people had threatened him and asked him
to stop all his activities related to exposing the unethical work of
'Swadhyay' organisation. This is one of the several incidents that he
himself and his family had faced in the US and India ever since he started
asking questions openly about the motives and financial activities of this
organization, he had written.
Claiming that he was also being falsely implicated, Trivedi wrote:
''My biggest concern is that they have become so desperate now that the
media has started to take notice of their unethical work that they might
fabricate evidence against me and my family.
''One such incident happened last week. They had falsely written a
letter to an unknown person under my name claiming that I had intentions of
hurting President George Bush. Rightfully, concerned, Secret Service agents
investigated me. While I gave you my full cooperation since I didn't write
that letter and have absolutely no political interest anywhere, my concern
is that Didi and her followers are so powerful and well-connected that they
will continue to do such things to harass me.''
Trivedi had claimed in his letter that he was associated with the
Swadhyay Parivar since 1972. ''At that time, the main objective was to
spread the philosophical aspect of Hindu religion. However, over the last
five years, I found the organisation has been collecting millions of
dollars and not a penny spent on the cause for which the money was
collected. When I started asking questions, I was harassed,'' Trivedi had
written.
He mentioned that after 2001 Gujarat earthquake, Devotional
Association of Yogeshwar collected about 4.2 million dollars from people in
the US. The founder's niece claimed that they have built around 40,000
houses for the earthquake victims, but a UN report suggests that only about
10 per cent of the money collected was spent.
In the UK, the organisation had collected about 310,097 pounds for
that cause but only about 10 per cent of it was transferred to India. I
have a letter from the Government of Gujarat that this organisation has not
built any houses and have no ''MoU'' with it.
They have forcefully closed ''Bhavnigar Temple'' in Ahmedabad,
claiming that it is a property of the trust. However the money to build
temple was collected from people and government. I have registered a legal
case against them to reopen the temple, in Ahmedabad Civil Sessions
Division Court and the case no. is 567/ 2002.
There are several complaints against me in various courts in Gujarat.
On March 8, 2006, the High Court of Gujarat threw away all the cases
against me and asked the followers to stop harassing me.
''If anything happens to me or my family in India or the USA, Jayshree
Talwalkar, her husband Niwas Talwalkar and their followers are responsible
for that,'' Trivedi wrote in the letter. Meanwhile, the police are clueless
about the absconding accused. Police said that while they were
investigating the rivarly angle in Swadhyay, nobody had lodged a complaint
in this regard.
For news in Hindi see our Hindi daily Chaupal Chronicle

More at:
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/nextSub.php?id=729&cattype=NEWS

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI cremated in Ahmedabad

Press Trust of India
The Hindustan Times
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad - Friends and relatives of Pankaj Trivedi, who was clubbed
to death in Ahmedabad, claimed on Sunday that his tussle with a prominent
socio-religious group could have been the cause of his murder.
The body of the 52-year-old NRI, allegedly killed by four persons
outside the Ellisbridge gymkhana three days ago, was cremated on Sunday
[...]

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1723299,000600030005.htm

- - - - - - - - -

PAGE ONE

NRI feared for life, had sought help from US Secret Service

Trivedi's letter to US Secret Service said Swadhyay Parivar members were harassing him.

Express News Service
The Indian Express
Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ahmedabad/Vadodara, June 16 - NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was clubbed to
death outside Ellisbridge Gymkhana on Thursday night, had feared for his
life. He had written a letter to the Resident Agent In-charge of US Secret
Service based in Dayton, Ohio, seeking protection for himself and his
family.
In a signed letter dated May 19, 2006, addressed to Todd R Bagby,
Trivedi wrote: ''Seeking appropriate protection for me and my family from
the leader and fanatic followers of 'Devotional Association of Yogeshwar'
also known as 'Swadhyay', whose unethical and illegal activities I have
exposed. The head of the organisation is Jayashree Talwalkar a.k.a Didi.''
A copy of this letter is with Express Newsline.
Trivedi further wrote: ''On April 1, 2006, outside the Newark airport
in New Jersey, four unknown people threatened me and asked me to stop all
my activities related to exposing the unethical work of 'Swadhyay'
organisation. This is one of the several incidents that myself and my
family have faced in the US and India ever since I started asking questions
openly about the motives and financial activities of this organisation.''
Claiming that he was also being falsely implicated, Trivedi wrote:
''My biggest concern is that they have become so desperate now that the
media has started to take notice of their unethical work that they might
fabricate evidence against me and my family.
''One such incident happened last week. They had falsely written a
letter to an unknown person under my name claiming that I had intentions of
hurting President George Bush. Rightfully, concerned, Secret Service agents
investigated me. While I gave you my full cooperation since I didn't write
that letter and have absolutely no political interest anywhere, my concern
is that Didi and her followers are so powerful and well-connected that they
will continue to do such things to harass me.''
Trivedi claimed in his letter that he was associated with the Swadhyay
Parivar since 1972. ''At that time, the main objective was to spread the
philosophical aspect of Hindu religion. However, over the last five years,
I found the organisation has been collecting millions of dollars and not a
penny spent on the cause for which the money was collected. When I started
asking questions, I was harassed,'' Trivedi wrote, adding that:
''During my investigations I found'':
[...]
Talwalkar (aka Didi), her husband Niwas Talwalkar and their followers are
responsible for that,'' Trivedi wrote in the letter.
On Friday, a close friend of Trivedi, Jagdish Shah, said: ''I am aware
of that letter. Pankajbhai had spoken to me in that regard.''
''Two months back, an attempt was made to attack Trivedi in Gondal. He
had lodged a complaint with the police there,'' Shah said.
According to Shah, ''Pankajbhai had also informed the Chief Minister
Narendra Modi, Minister of State for Home Amit Shah and Law Minister Ashok
Bhatt about the irregularities done by Swadhyay members in using foreign
funds for the earthquake. He had also expressed fear that he and his family
are facing threat to to life.''
Swadhyay members could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
Meanwhile, the police are clueless about the absconding accused.
Police said that while they were investigating the rivarly angle in
Swadhyay, nobody had lodged a complaint in this regard. ''So we are keeping
the investigation open,'' police said.

More at:
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=188384

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI sought US protection

Agencies
The Times of India
Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ahmedabad - NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was murdered in the US on
Thursday, had written to the US Secret Service to provide protection for
him and his family from an Ahmedabad-based organisation, the Gujarat police
said on Saturday.
[...]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1656436.cms

- - - - - - - - -

Social group's role suspected in NRI's murder

IANS
The Peninsula, Qatar
Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahmedabad - The family of US-based NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was beaten
to death by unidentified people on Thursday, suspects that social group
Swadhyaya Parivar was behind the murder.
Trivedi, a 43-year-old professional from Cincinnati, was closely
associated with the Swadhyaya movement – inspired by the late Pandurang
Shastri Athawale – and was involved in the legal battle between two
factions of the movement, according to media reports.
"We all knew that he was against the functioning of the Swadhyay
Parivar under its present leadership. He parted ways with the organisation
some years ago and had initiated legal action against it. There is a
suspicion that they could be behind his murder," victim's friend Sandeep
Patel told reporters here after Trivedi's funeral.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=World_News&subsection=India&month=June2006&file=World_News2006061943750.xml

- - - - - - - - -

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 18 (IANS) The family of US-based NRI Pankaj Trivedi,

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/35335.php/Slain_NRIs_family_suspects_hand_of_social_group

- - - - - - - - -

Slain NRI's family suspects hand of social group

IANS
teluguportal.net
Sunday, June 18, 2006

http://www.teluguportal.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6229

- - - - - - - - -

Murdered NRI had Written to US Secret Service

Agencies
Daijiworld.com
Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ahmedabad, June 18 - NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was murdered in the US on
June 15, had written to the US Secret Service for protection for him and
his family from Swadhayay Parivar, an Ahmedabad-based organisation, Gujarat
police said on Saturday in a PTI report.
"In his letter dated May 19, the victim had sought protection from
followers of the social organisation," ACP (City) R S Chudasama said.
Trivedi also alleged that he was being targeted by the Parivar chief
and her supporters for "exposing" financial irregularities within the
organisation.
Trivedi, who was part of the Parivar since 1972, claimed millions of
dollars, collected as overseas donations for rehabilitation of the 2001
Gujarat earthquake victims, were misused in the last five years.
The US police found the letter addressed to its Secret Service in a
file inside Trivedi's car on the day he was clubbed to death by
unidentified persons outside a private club in Dayton. Gujarat police said
adding that no arrests had been made yet.
In the letter, Trivedi also claimed that Parivar members had harassed
him and his family and several fabricated cases were lodged against him.
Interestingly, Trivedi had also sought protection from Ahmedabad
police in the past, police said.
Chudasama added that no action had been taken against the organisation
as "nobody has lodged any complaint" against it.
"We cannot act against anybody on the basis of the letter written by
Trivedi to the US Secret Service. He was known to have problems with
members of the Parivar for the last few years," another police official
said.

More at:
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=22927&n_tit=Murdered+NRI+had+Written+to+US+Secret+Service

End of compilation

[I am following this case in the news media since
I too have received death threats (from Muslim and
Christian terrorists) -- including a death-fatwa
published against me in Pakistani newspapers. - Jai Maharaj]

Facts about terrorist Islam and Muslims:
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

Hindu Holocaust Museum:
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/a5ljc
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Dr. Homilete

Jun 19, 2006, 11:38:03 AM6/19/06
Johnny Judas Jay "the lying jackass" Maharaj wrote:

> [I am following this case in the news media since
> I too have received death threats (from Muslim and
> Christian terrorists) -- including a death-fatwa
> published against me in Pakistani newspapers. - Jai Maharaj]

You're a lying piece of shit, Johnny boya! People "wishing" you were
dead does not constitute a "death threat", merely an exasperation at
your pointless and polluting existence. As far as the "fatwa", perhaps
you could provide a verifiable reference instead of throwing out
bullshit allegations to boost your own worthless profile?

In the meanwhile, how about addressing your own incitements to violence
and harassment against usenet posters who oppose your views? While you
cower behind rigid anonymity, you go to great pains to uncover your
opponents identities and publicly post their contact information in a
pathetic and cowardly attempt to get others to do your dirty work for
you. As always, you are welcome to sort out issues you may have with us,
face-to-face, but you don't have the balls for that, do you?

Dr. Homilete

Jun 19, 2006, 11:38:04 AM6/19/06
> Slain NRI's family suspects hand of social group
>
> Indo-Asian News Service
> The Hindustan Times
> Monday, June 19, 2006
>
> Ahmedabad - The family of US-based NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was
beaten
> to death by unidentified people Thursday, suspects that social group
> Swadhyaya Parivar was behind the murder.

The "social group":

GUJARAT FACES ANOTHER BOUT OF VIOLENCE
By Batuk Vora 02/08/2002 At 17:39

Now is the turn of 'Spiritual Terrorists'

Ahmedabad: All those who have not yet fully fathomed the root cause
of the communal carnage in Gujarat that shook whole of India for as
long as three months, feel dumbfounded again while witnessing a sort
of "spiritual terrorism", this time launched allegedly by Dada
(Pandurang Athvale) and his dynastic successor Didi's followers
within Swadhyay Parivar against the dissidents, comprising most of
the Dada's 'old and pioneer' disciples.

Both the groups have filed police complaint at Ahmedabad against each
other alleging threats, violent intrusion, beating up and fear of
murder. Late night's incident on July 27 at Ahmedabad, when a few
dissidents, visitors from Mumbai, were roughed up, beaten and abused
while they were waiting for more supporters to come from North
Gujarat for a meeting.

"This has once again brought out their tactic of spiritual terror and
fascist method commanded from Parivar's present managers from Dada's
official headquarters, Nirmal Niketan at Mumbai," according to a
leading Swadhyay rebel Mahesh Shah, an industrialist, who had to go
underground following a vulgar and violent attack on him and some of
his colleagues. Didi is also now an accused in above police complaint.

A command issued from the headquarters was "Didi and now even Dada
want all members to close their minds and just do what they preach.
No religious song to be sung of anybody else, no worshipping of any
other idol, no attention to any other godly figure than that of Dada.
This is their command," Shah told this writer. He further said that
"so far they have not killed anybody but they certainly want to badly
hurt us and terrorize our families so that we do not raise our voice."

Pandurang Athvale is a Magsaysay and Templeton awards winner carrying
on his Swadhyay bhakti movement since more than 50 years in both
Gujarat and Maharashtra. Hundreds of simple farmers have donated part
of their cultivable land and its all products to Yogeshwar Bhagvan as
per Dada's ordain. One senior former colleague not willing to be
identified, told that Dada himself was now determined to corner all
the wealth and encouraging Didi to spread such a terror. Chronology
of such 'spiritual terror', as related to this writer by several of
those dissidents besides Mahesh Shah, run as follows:

"I have a thousand young chaps similar to LTTE fighters; They would
jump from the tall terrace of Oberoi Hotel here if I command and
would finish anyone without blinking their eyes if I command 'God
would never forgive such traitors'- these words did not come from any
Islamic Jihadi or terrorist but from Jayshree Talvalkar 'Didi,'
adopted daughter (Dada's brother's sibling) as quoted by Chitralekha,
a monthly magazine from Mumbai- July 8.

Following this Ahmedabad based Justice B.J.Diwan resigned and 13
other trustees, including Mahesh Shah, were kicked out from trusts.
Later, Diwan's resignation was rejected by other trustees (Mumbai's
Samkalin Daily- June 25). Diwan told the press that he was shocked to
hear Dada saying that all the trust wealth "belongs to me now."

Following phone threats and mail threats given to Ahmedabad based
Pankaj Trivedi and Mumbai based old colleagues of Dada like Hemraj
Ashar, Ramdas and Jagdish Shah, physical attacks started with beating
up of Dada?s old disciple Satish Jagjivan Rudhani at Rajkot by seven
people last October. Rebels told that Satish was actually close to
Dada and once taken to Japan with him on his trip. Associated for 21
years with Swadhyay Parivar, Satish was beaten up, according to
Rajkot daily Fulchhab and Sanj Samachar, by a gang of 8 Swadhyay
faithfuls from nearby Padadhari town by intruding in his bungalow and
beating him up mercilessly in naked condition in front of his wife by
pulling out the towel while the latter came out from the bathroom
"They were shouting at him 'why did you utter a word against Dada' "

Later in December 2001, Ahmedabad based Pankaj Trivedi received a
most abusive letter of threat to his life. The letter also mentioned
that his wife and daughter would be raped if he ever spoke against
Dada or Didi. Trivedi filed a police complaint against one Bakabhai
Patel.

Mahesh Rawal, a local follower attended a meeting called by the
dissidents on July 26 at Ahmedabad. Next morning, his house was
surrounded by 25 white-sari clad Swadhyay faithful ladies, carrying
placards as 'traitor' and 'turncoat' and spreading terror by shouting
slogans in his neighborhood.

One Devesh Pandit tried to convene a meeting of at his place in
Chicago, USA, and invited around 250 members for that purpose. But a
faithful of Dada Arjun Desai called 700 members commanding them not
to attend Devesh's meeting. Arjun Desai is the ex-president of
Chicago branch.

Indubhai Poptani, a poet based at Porbandar, was told to write a poem
(stuti) on Didi. He refused by saying that how to write it when he
had no devotional feeling for Didi. He received a threat to his life
in front of his wife who suffered a heart attack. She was removed to
a hospital. Popatani's Bhav poems on Dada were quite popular among
vast mass of followers in Saurashtra. Dada had even gifted Rs 10,000
to his kids for 'sweets' on his visit to his house. "May be he
thought this would silence me", Popatani said.

Prof. S.K.Joshi of Jalgaon in Maharashtra was one of the close
associate of Dada for many years. Dada had even once named him as a
'role model' for all other Swadhyay Parivar members. He said "what
actually happened was that I had organized Bhil adivasi farmers to
grow fruit orchards in and around 28 Gnaeshwar Vriksh Mandirs (tree
temple). It gave an income of about Rs 1 crore. Dada did not allow
even rotten fruits to be eaten by Bhil kids. I questioned this
practice and since that time I was hounded with 'spies' watching my
home for eight days in three shifts and later shouting S.K. Murdabad
slogans! I am still living under constant fear. But I am determined
to carry on that noble activity in my own way with cooperation from
at least 200 other followers meeting with me every week. I have found
that both Dada and Didi want nothing else than lots and lots of
income which nobody could question about its use"

Incidentally, Sadhana, an RSS monthly organ in Gujarati, has highly
lauded in a picturesque article Swadhyay Parivar's Vriksha Puja (tree
worship) movement as a Hindu cultural tradition. It has not spoken a
word about what the senior Dada followers now talk about Dada and
Didi. All the four attempts to reach Didi and even Dada for comments
failed.

Some observers see this as a slow but sure attempt of penetration by
RSS Parivar into the millions-strong equally Hindu adherent Swadhyay
Parivar, having fat asset accounts in around 100 trusts and
properties, all over Gujarat and Maharashtra, besides millions of
dollars in London and America. Ex-chief justice of Gujarat High Court
B. J. Diwan, a close former colleague of Dada and member of one of
the trusts, told recently to the Gujarati media that "they have Rs
200 crore in trust accounts and Rs 500 crores in immovable property
account, which is now claimed by Dada himself as his own, and not of
God as he used to tell earlier." Another old colleague says "they may
not have anything less than Rs 1000 crores."

"Perhaps, RSS wants Swadhyay Parivar to support its own communally
surcharged political activities. Actually, Dada had once celebrated
RSS founder Hegdevar's birth anniversary," said another senior Dada
follower.

Dr. Homilete

Jun 19, 2006, 11:38:04 AM6/19/06
> Slain NRI's family suspects hand of social group
>
> Indo-Asian News Service
> The Hindustan Times
> Monday, June 19, 2006
>
> Ahmedabad - The family of US-based NRI Pankaj Trivedi, who was
beaten
> to death by unidentified people Thursday, suspects that social group
> Swadhyaya Parivar was behind the murder.

The "social group":

Swadhyay Parivar rift in the open: trustee attacked
Express News Service

Vadodara, December 26: Internal dissension in the Swadhyaya Parivar
established by the late Pandurang Shastri took a violent turn on
Thursday, when 50-odd ‘Swadhayayees’ tried to assault former trustee
Mahesh Shah in Vadodara.

Though Shah escaped unhurt, his employee Satish Patel, who is also
head and abdomen while trying to protect Shah. Patel is undergoing
treatment in a private hospital in Jetalpur. He was shifted to the
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after his condition deteriorated on Friday.

Patel has lodged a criminal case pertaining to rioting and attempt to
murder against 50 unidentified workers of the Swadhyaya Parivar in the
Sayajigunj Police Station late on Thursday.

He said the incident took place around 6.30 pm outside Bombay Shopping
Centre in Jetalpur. Shah’s office — Samson Group of Industries — is in
this centre.

‘‘Shah had returned from Ahmedabad and was leaving for Harni Airport to
catch a flight for Mumbai when 50-odd persons belonging to the rival
faction of the Swadhyaya Parivar descended at the centre and tried to
assault Shah. However, I became their target when I tried to protect
him,’’ said Patel.

Shah has been most vocal against Jayshree Talwakar, who now heads the
organisation after the death of its founder Pandurang Shastri. Shah was
kicked out from the board of trustees soon after Talwalkar assumed the
top post.