Origin of soc.culture.filipino |-)

Maverick

Dec 11, 1990, 10:02:22 PM12/11/90
To all subscribers,

There has been some questions on how soc.culture.filipino got started and its
purpose of existence. As far as Purdue University is concerned, I heard
about it from my friend Benjie Legaspi who heard it from ai...@mips.com about
two and a half months ago. This is what I can remember from the original
call for discussion.

CHARTER: To provide an open discussion on issues concerning the Philippines.
This includes the following topics:

- "what's happening back home" info
- government and other political issues
- earthquake relief info
- cultural events
- introducing the Filipino culture to subscribers
- understanding the state of the Philippines
- info for others who cannot receive this newsgroup

PURPOSE: To discuss relevant Filipino issues in a newsgroup that would single
out the Philippine culture, since there are several other nations
that have started their own newsgroup.

I hope this information was helpful! |-)
Deo Ligeralde