A bug

Ray Packham

Jan 3, 2011, 11:35:38 AM1/3/11
to sm...@googlegroups.com
When you set up an itunes account it asks you to enter a password to set it up, all ok you would think but it asks for a 8 or 6 i (cant remember at moment) character password with at least one capital and one numeric included in it. all ok you think but IT ACCPEPTS any password ! . My friend had entered a five character password without reading the instructions.

i found this out because my friend asked me to set up his Imac and Iphone for him.

If you enter a 5 character password Itunes accepts the password ! but all the permissions are wrong and it does not allow you to sync your phone properly.

The solution was to request a link to change your password and put in the correct number of characters and numbers delete any downloads you have on your iphone as they have the wrong permissions and re-download them you then get the correct permissions allowing you to sync your iphone with your new Imac !...Phew

this is a simplified version but thought you may find it interesting.

Is this a know bug one wonders?

and the moral is always read the instructions, I was amazed though that it allowed him to create a password contrary to the instructions on screen!

Ray

Virginia Routh

Jan 3, 2011, 11:45:25 AM1/3/11
to sm...@googlegroups.com
Ah this may be why I have such problems accessing the iTunes store.

From my iPad

Ray Packham

Jan 3, 2011, 11:44:25 AM1/3/11
to sm...@googlegroups.com
try it reset your password on Itunes and see what happens, worth a try