Benchmark Smarty 3 vs Dwoo

Abalam

May 11, 2010, 6:32:29 AM5/11/10
to Smarty Developers
Just found this http://blogs.kd2.org/bohwaz/?2009/09/30/297-smarty-vs-smarty-3-vs-template-lite-vs-dwoo

Dwoo wtice faster than Smarty 3 ... :-/

What do you think, folks ?

I don't know Dwoo, but some guys said it's Smarty syntax compatible
o___O.

Thanks for reading,
Yann

Karel S.

May 11, 2010, 6:40:25 AM5/11/10
to Smarty Developers
Posted mercredi 30 septembre 2009 à 18:57

Old article, there are like a million changes since then.

Dazzle CMS

May 21, 2010, 8:57:25 AM5/21/10
to Smarty Developers
well i checked that out before smarty 3 was out and i think the
performance suffers in real world app vs smarty and might be
compatible with smarty but in the end you would have to revert your
syntax and still suffers,

and support sucks not like smarty where we have active forum and group
like this one

and even until recently smarty was part of the php.net project so i
know we are in good hands and probley only reason it was dropped as
old smarty had issues with newer php releases

Steve :)

Monte Ohrt

May 21, 2010, 9:24:00 AM5/21/10
to smarty-d...@googlegroups.com
It wasn't "dropped" it was my own decision to bring the website in-house. It was very frustrating to manage, as we did not have ftp or shell access to the php group web server, only CVS checkout/commit. It worked fine for the first few years as Smarty got off the ground.