Some namespace changes and proposals

John Breslin

Jan 31, 2008, 8:19:22 AM1/31/08
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -

Uldis, Alex Passant, Thomas Schandl and I met today to discuss some
small changes and proposed additions to the namespace, which we want to
run by you all.

To do right away (small changes, now in version 1.27):

1) Remove domain and range from related_to, allowing Threads and other
things to be related together.

2) Remove domain from has_creator and range from creator_of to allow
other things to be created by Users (e.g. Tagging objects).

To consider:

3) Need for earliest_item property linking Container and Item.

4) "OWL-ify" SIOC

5) Give recommendations on argumentative discussion terms to use from
SALT / IBIS / TDL.

6) Need for "embeds_knowledge" property to link WikiArticle to a named
graph with relevant triples extracted.

7) Add properties for Post / Item "status" (private, draft, public,
etc.) and for User password

8) Look at description for next_by_date as a "given Container" may vary
under different circumstances (is it a Thread or a Forum?).

We would welcome your discussions / opinions!

Thanks,

John.

Dr. John Breslin
DERI, NUI Galway