Up coming trip 30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2011

Adrian

Sep 6, 2011, 12:57:29 AM9/6/11
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

This time round i will be bringing you to another path less travelled
in Cameron Highlands! :)

Gunung Suku is 1810m above sea level.

This will be the last tough trip for the year 2011 after which the
monsoon will arrive.

During the monsoon months there probably will be trips availiable but
all will the easier ones suitable for beginners as those tougher
mountains are risky to climb during this period.

Gunung Suku is considered INTERMEDIATE grading, only suitable for
people who have done at least Belumut, Ophir or any mountains
comparable.

The nice part of this trek is that the starting point is already 800m
ASL which is nice and cool, summitting at 1810m ASL. Totally 1010m
elevation gain.

Total trek time approx 9 - 10 hours.

The last 1 hour before arriving summit, we will be passing through the
beautiful unspoilt Mossy Forest.... just like what you see in the Lord
of The Rings.

The summit on a good day has nice views of the Titiwangsa mountain
range. I will let the pics do the talking.

The timings quoted by these super fit Msians are not within reach by
most of us.... haha! So 9 hrs to n fro is a good guage.

http://danlow.multiply.com/photos/album/69/Gunung_Suku_1796m

After the trek we will head up to Cameron Highlands and check-in to a
huge luxurious 6 rooms apartment! Woohoo!

2 person to a room only. :)

After washing up we will all go for steamboat together!

This is the best time to catch up, talk cock sing song with your
fellow trekkers since we all staying under the same roof, bring your
board games, beer, vodka and whatever you fancy bringing. Haha!

Will post info out in 2 days once i settled the logistics.

***** I know many of you here are registered and receiving email
updated so as to get new ideas on where to trek with your own friends,
this is one particular place i would very strongly advise you to get a
guide... It seems like recently this trail hasn't been used much and
many places are overgrown... Gigantic 50m tall trees has also came
crashing down in certain areas blocking the paths almost entirely...
chance of getting lost in Suku is quite high. Getting stranded in high
altitude, should it drag into the night is dangerous especially when
hit by thunderstorms.

Adrian

Sep 6, 2011, 3:29:42 AM9/6/11
to Singapore Trekkers
Oh my goodness....

I am very sorry peeps... Didnt expect respond to be this good....

THIS TRIP IS FULL ALREADY.

For those who have had their seats confirmed, i will try to post out
the full details hopefully by tonit.

Any drop out, will update again