Simplesaml SSO and SLO

krishna thokala

Oct 5, 2009, 1:21:54 AM10/5/09
to simpleSAMLphp, vsha...@sirahu.com
I have one setup for idp and 3 setups for service provider and under
each sp wordpress is installed and is communicating using simplesaml
authentication plugin.so my question is when i login to one wordpress
it should be logged into other 2 sps also but in my application i need
to manually click on login to maintain the local wordpress session is
there any way to directly login to others 2 sps also and when i try to
logout from one sp it should logout from all the sps and it should
redirect to index page.here are my links u can please have a look at
them and give me solution .

http://automotive.sirahu.net/automotive/
http://blog.automotive.sirahu.net/automotive/
http://forum.phpbb.sirahu.net/phpBB3/

Olav Morken

Oct 5, 2009, 4:02:36 AM10/5/09
to simple...@googlegroups.com, vsha...@sirahu.com
On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 22:21:54 -0700, krishna thokala wrote:

> I have one setup for idp and 3 setups for service provider and under
> each sp wordpress is installed and is communicating using simplesaml
> authentication plugin.so my question is when i login to one wordpress
> it should be logged into other 2 sps also but in my application i need
> to manually click on login to maintain the local wordpress session is
> there any way to directly login to others 2 sps also and when i try to
> logout from one sp it should logout from all the sps and it should
> redirect to index page.here are my links u can please have a look at
> them and give me solution .

I don't know anything about the wordpress plugin and how i works, but
generally you will not automatically log into all SPs when you log into
one. The reason for this is that the IdP doesn't notify all SPs when
the user logs into a single SP. Instead each SP needs to contact the
IdP separately, to check whether the user is authenticated.

As for why single logout does not work, I do not know. It is supported
by the IdP, so it should be able to work, if it is implemented on the
SP side. Again, I do not anything about the workpress plugin, so I
cannot answer this. Maybe someone familiar with the wordpress plugin
can answer it?

--
Olav Morken