Packt Pub - SilverStripe 2.4 Module Extension, Themes, and Widgets

xeraa

May 11, 2011, 8:58:58 PM5/11/11
to SilverStripe Core Development
You might not have seen it yet, but a new SilverStripe book has been
published: http://www.amazon.com/Silverstripe-Module-Extension-Themes-Widgets/dp/184951500X
Official website: http://www.packtpub.com/silverstripe-2-4-module-extension-themes-and-widgets/book
Code: https://github.com/xeraa/silverstripe-book

Why am I writing this to the mailing list as people here already know
(almost) everything about SilverStripe? We're still looking for
reviewers. Get in touch with me via pk at xeraa dot net and I'll get
you a review copy!

And of course pointers to the book for people wanting to get started
with SilverStripe or like having a printed reference are highly
appreciated.
Don't be discouraged by the "Beginner's Guide". While the book starts
with a gentle introduction a lot of content is covered - just take a
look at the table of contents on Amazon.

PS: SilverStripe Inc is not associated with the book, it was solely
written by me (Philipp Krenn). However I had three fantastic
reviewers: Sigurd Magnusson, Ingo Schommer, and Aaron Carlino.

xeraa

May 16, 2011, 10:33:51 AM5/16/11
to SilverStripe Core Development
Thanks for the feedback so far - we've already been in touch with some
great reviewers!

Nevertheless we'd love to have some more so don't be shy. We're
looking for both seasoned SilverStripers and newcomers.
For example if you want other developers get up to speed with
SilverStripe we're keen to help you with that and get your feedback.

PS: People from the US and Europe will get a hard copy, other regions
the ebook - as per the publisher's policy.

xeraa

Jun 2, 2011, 1:02:49 PM6/2/11
to SilverStripe Core Development
Final message on this one - promised ;-)!

1) While the first review drafts are already coming in, Packt would be
willing to hand out some more review copies. If you're interested,
drop me an email...

2) If you don't want to review but are still interested in the book,
there's currently a little contest for winning two copies. Check out
http://xeraa.net/en/book.php

Cheers,
Philipp

PS: And please don't hesitate to forward any feedback to me - it's
much appreciated!

Raphael Raatz

Jun 2, 2011, 1:06:41 PM6/2/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Could use a PDF version, but unfortunately I have no way of purchase.